The Rumour Thread

I have no idea if those leaks are accurate or not, but if they are then it seems likely that the Cities points in the book itself will have no updates and that the updates will be included in the followup PDF. One of the documents he posted lists Cities changes that aren't on the page that he posted.

41 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Idoneth -

Thralls 120 (down 10), 30 are 320.

Vanilla king 230 (down 10)

Lotann 70 (down 10 lol maybe next year lotann)

Eidolon and turtle stationery. 

Eels, volturnous, reavers, sharks and battlions not pictured.

I hope that is real as frees just enough points for me to run an Eidolon of the Sea... 😊

Assuming reavers, eels and allopexs are at least stationary...

Edited by Neverchosen

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

The last time we had "legal" full character customization, it absolutely did wreck fair play.  I had a Bloodthirster that had an axe that contained another Bloodthirster who could summon 80 skeletons for free every turn.  Or something.

So fair. So fun.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all in favor of this stuff for narrative games, but for matched play? Nah.

Edit: I I fondly recall the ability to add weapon options, armor options, mount options and so on the basic line-characters, to pay to upgrade units with the three command models individually, and to add one model at a time to units.

It even factored in that a mounted model paid more for stuff than a foot model because the mounted model was more able to apply its upgraded abilities due to higher movement. It did the same for different level heroes (for example, a level 10 hero paid more for a great sword because he had better stats than a level 5 hero).  I really do miss 3rd edition WFB with all that plus simple & complex maneuvers, turtle formations, etc.  : wipes away wistful tear:

🙂

What edition was THAT from?! I played 5th-End Times (5th was Empire only) and have never seen something like what you described. And I’m the kind of player who would have looked for a combo like that!

1 hour ago, Oceanic_Eyes said:

The FEC page they posted looks like the same page from the last GHB, so taking these leaks with a grain of salt.

On the other hand, why would it look different if nothing has changed?

Edited by Falkman

1 hour ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

What edition was THAT from?! I played 5th-End Times (5th was Empire only) and have never seen something like what you described. And I’m the kind of player who would have looked for a combo like that!

3rd. Main rules + Warhammer Armies book + Realm of Chaos books.

27 minutes ago, Falkman said:

On the other hand, why would it look different if nothing has changed?

The picture they have for the FEC page has the little stars next to units that implies a points change, yet they have the same points they had from the last points change. Like a little star next to Crypt Horrors being 130 points, etc.

2 minutes ago, Oceanic_Eyes said:

The picture they have for the FEC page has the little stars next to units that implies a points change, yet they have the same points they had from the last points change. Like a little star next to Crypt Horrors being 130 points, etc.

They are still changed compared to the battletome though. They can’t assume everyone buys the GHB every year so putting stars for everything that is different than the battletome makes sense.

12 minutes ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Ouch battle mages going up for cities, looks like Hallowheart is getting more nerf bat.

would have liked to see unmourned Phoenix drop a little bit.

celestant prime at 300 still is weird, now if they made it so he could take an artifact..

Battlemage increase is nicely offset by drops for Lord Arcanum and Knight-Incantor, though. Really not much of a nerf for Hallowheart at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Idoneth -

Thralls 120 (down 10), 30 are 320.

Vanilla king 230 (down 10)

Lotann 70 (down 10 lol maybe next year lotann)

Eidolon and turtle stationery. 

Eels, volturnous, reavers, sharks and battlions not pictured.

Sooo sad, how can eidolons cost more than 300???? 

So they didnt dropped and since most of other minis got reductions, it means they got even worse ( it is hard to be even worse i know, but they are).

In contrast liberators at 90, sequitors at 120 or even dracholines, are really great.

56 minutes ago, Falkman said:

They are still changed compared to the battletome though. They can’t assume everyone buys the GHB every year so putting stars for everything that is different than the battletome makes sense.

Don’t have my books on me, but I’m pretty sure that in the GHB at the bottom of the points section it states that the * indicates a change from the previous publication date (in this case December 2019) rather than the battletomes points list

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kitsumy said:

Sooo sad, how can eidolons cost more than 300???? 

So they didnt dropped and since most of other minis got reductions, it means they got even worse ( it is hard to be even worse i know, but they are).

In contrast liberators at 90, sequitors at 120 or even dracholines, are really great.

Maybe new idoneth battle tome soon? 

So bonereapers got 0 nerfs,idoneths gets maaaany bufs,tzenth got some nerfs, orcs got bufs and those are the top armys but a second tier army as citys got many huge nerfs as chariots or battlemague( only 10 less points that stormcast mage that does 400% more damage and have save 3 vs save 6 of battlemage)

Also hammerers and irondrakes  didnt get any buff when every other same unit of other armys got it as idoneths tralls that allready did 50\100% more damage than hammerers and now cost 20 less.

Also what happens with copters???they have been bad since aos launch and never gonna be competitive?why they don get bufs

20 minutes ago, Doko said:

So bonereapers got 0 nerfs,idoneths gets maaaany bufs,tzenth got some nerfs, orcs got bufs and those are the top armys but a second tier army as citys got many huge nerfs as chariots or battlemague( only 10 less points that stormcast mage that does 400% more damage and have save 3 vs save 6 of battlemage)

Also hammerers and irondrakes  didnt get any buff when every other same unit of other armys got it as idoneths tralls that allready did 50\100% more damage than hammerers and now cost 20 less.

Also what happens with copters???they have been bad since aos launch and never gonna be competitive?why they don get bufs

It's very important to note that there will also be a faq. Points are only half the picture. 

The skaven didn’t really get buffed either too much, 

most of our units stayed the same way, and those in dire need of a points change have either not gotten one, or were reduced by 10 points.

As for battailons, the skaven still seem to have the most expensive ones In the game, that don’t do anything but give you a cp and artefact slots.

and for some reason they haven’t changed much or at all.

I think at that point that this year there won’t be too many buffs to many Armies.

In the end it’s just a step forward.

who knows maybe their points pointing will be more accurate next winter.

till then let’s just enjoy the next ghb.

It seems to have a ton of cool narrative options, and matched play also seems to have huge ton of new stuff that We all might enjoy.

Oh, and since we’re here in the rumor thread, have there been any mention or rumors about new skaven models coming out?

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

Since there are no nerfs to OBR (in fact they were buffed) I can only assume they will be changing the Petrifex save bonus. I am going to guess it will be "reroll save rolls of 1" instead of "+1 to save rolls".

This would be a good change. My understanding is that they have been adusted.

3 hours ago, Doko said:

gets maaaany bufs,

To units no one uses and will continue to go unused. Besides volturnous could have gone up. There is a star next to his name, but can't see the actual points.

I really hope not though. Any increase to volturnous or eels would be spitting in our face.

@HollowHills Due to the current playable lists all being heavily reliant on eels and volturnous I dont think they could avoid an increase to force the use of other units. 

I know this isn't actually the fix that's needed at all and the points shown currently do nothing to help the situation either, but as all people ever see is eels the feedback will most likely have been negative and forced an increase.

I'm sorry my friend, but I think they're about to be hit.