The Rumour Thread

I really hope that box will be like Shadowspear or this new eldar-chaos for Idoneth and Fyreslayers because both deserve at least one new unit kit (or 2 for the fyreslayers' case). But I think it will be the same 1 new hero only for both sides, and maybe a new unit or two when the battletome will be released...

My wishes are crab ballista cavalry, mantas chariots, krakens, mutated sireen/idoneth mix,  fyrslayers anvil, salamander cavalry, elite semi armored duardin....and maybe a big lava canon...

Edited by Harioch
  • Like 6

On 12/24/2021 at 12:52 AM, Ogregut said:

Would be because he hadn't been released on his own yet. 

Makes sense, but they seem to have made an exception for some sets like the individual teams from the Octarius set and the Combat Patrol only Ork stuff*.

No big deal. I found something else I liked to vote for. I just really liked the Wight King.

* Now outdated, Ork box was split into single sets on the community page today.

Edited by Akylas

45 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Let's be real, it's going to be one hero each and a new book. 

I've already made peace with it, just have to hope it's a book that is more Stormcast / Warclans than Nurgle.

Why?

the nurgle book seems like a pretty great (fluffwise) book.

and it isn’t overcomplicated 

it may not be an overly competitive book,

but at least from a narrative way, I would even go as far and say that they did a pretty great job.

ps: sorry @HollowHills, I just noticed that you meant the amount of models released with the book.

I do agree with you there.

I’m very sorry for the misunderstanding.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

34 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I've already made peace with it, just have to hope it's a book that is more Stormcast / Warclans than Nurgle.

Bonesplitterz it is. 

To be fair SCE book is flawes in many many aspects. Warlord traits are meh. Artefacts are consistent with the trash writing from previous years. Froom 70+ warscrolls you get few playable options and SCE are still below 50% winrate. Extreme polarization. If you go second and manage to 7 inch deepstrike and charge with your hammers and then get the double turn you just coinflipped correctly and killed hundreds of points of the enemy army. Raptor crossbows are insane and such dmg output should not have been in this game etc. Stormcast book isn't really a good book. Orruk warclan book is IJ's solo with some secondary vocals from Kruleboyz and Big waagh. IJ have already been stellar in their design before so the book is building successfully on that but Kruleboyz are mispointed and play nothing like in the lore. Gutrippaz are 180 for 10. Hobgrot slittaz don't have the keywords and are limited. With the amulet nerf we will what happens with their hero hammer. Shame they didn't get swampy salamanders as cavalry option or something to allow them field a different battleline than big yellers boltboyz.

Nurgle isn't really a worse book than SCE or Orruk warclans it just doesn't have units that shouldn't exist like Fulminators/Raptors or Goregruntas/5+ ward cabbage.  

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

100% oposite,i wish be a nurgle book and not a sc.

I dont wanna a sc book where every enhaceent is useless and you must use generic of general handbook,where every unit is tye same because they got deleted all his unique habilitys and where the book havent any comand ability.

In one word i dont want a simple and boring book as sc,i hope fyreslayers get a tome as nurgle doing our book more complex and hard to play,buffing our strengths and doing bigger our weakness.

And yes i agree that is 100% for sure we only gonna get a new hero and thats all

13 hours ago, Rachmani said:

A major reveal makes me think it‘ll be more than just a few old models with 2 heroes, but rather - in the style of the 40k Battlebox - a collection of mostly new miniatures and the promise of two new books in the near future. Dwarf Soup & LRL version 3, „Rise of the Water Temple“.

It’s not really a major reveal. It’s probably just their ‘new model monday’ equivalent for next week. 

2 hours ago, HollowHills said:

That would be disappointing, but is likely.

IDK are fairly set as an army, new stuff would flesh out the army (whether they embrace ‘Elves’ or ‘Seafood’ is up to GW) but they don’t need more stuff.

Fyreslayers need units. There are four units with little visual diversity and lacking in utility. A boring hero would not solve the biggest issues, and the army is probably dead for another edition without a whole faction (Adding KO would not solve this, it would just make KO worse)

The Kill Team boxes have been decent, but overpriced. Shadow Throne and the new Chaos/Eldar Box severely lack in the number of models department (300 points per side). The Battleforces were exquisite, but I fear our new box will be lacking.

Box Contents Guess:

FS hero (new sculpt), 2x Hearthguard, IDK new Namarti Hero, 10 Namarti, 3 eels.

Box Contents Wishlist:

10 Vulkites, 3 man new mounted FS unit, Mounted FS Hero, 10 Namarti, 5 man new Namarti Elite unit, New Namarti Hero

Edited by Fairbanks
  • Like 6

So we already have a fairly good guess what the hero will be for Idoneth. A hero with a spear and a smaller looking eel fighting alongside her. I also see her fighting alongside Namarti making me assume that this box will feature Namarti alongside a hero who buffs them. I am thinking that the box will come with the hero and a unit of Reavers and Thralls and/or maybe something a little juicier like an Allopex or some eels?
BIMLykCNz8rvtMdQ.jpg

As for Fyreslayers, I am hoping we get something a little more out there a larger hero or a unit would be nice. But as you stated I am more inclined to believe it will be a hero but I am hoping for something epic like Ghazghul who was first featured in a dual box. But it is possible that there will be a new unit. 

In terms of if either army gets expanded, I could see it going in any way really. If Dwarf soup becomes a thing I expect nothing beyond the new unit in the set for Fyreslayers... if Dwarf Soup isn't real I can imagine them gettin a slight expansion, the hero in the box and maybe a new unit that can be built in multiple ways. Personally if we had to have a new hero in the box I would like something like a chariot that could be built as a hero or a regular unit. Idoneth are in a strange place narratively and in terms of model count I would like to see them expand but I also feel like they might get only a few odds and ends. I kind of wish that Scourge Privateers became a part of IDK but if I get this box I will proxy them as something anyway as I want to lean into Elf Pirates. 

15 hours ago, Feii said:

we probably won't? if the leaks are true you get a duel box with IDK. 

Even if you get a new battletome with GW these days you cannot put another soup dwarven codex for 2023 release lol. (Will we see the rumoured third LRL battletome next year? lol)

We shall see.

If they announce a Fyreslayer Battletome then that is a win for me (although I would rather have more new units).

• Like 1

I probably wouldn't hope for a Warclans book. The Bonesplitterz and Kruleboyz sections are really lacking. Ironjawz may have come out amazingly, but they're only a third of the book.

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I probably wouldn't hope for a Warclans book. The Bonesplitterz and Kruleboyz sections are really lacking. Ironjawz may have come out amazingly, but they're only a third of the book.

Very true. And the Stormcast battletome is no great shakes either. A couple of overpowered units, a whole lot of mediocre/trash units, and an almost unsettling level of blandness hanging over it all.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I know people largely care about competitive lists but I think the Kruel Boyz section is marvellously written really fun and interesting rules that reflect their lore amazingly. I actually think they are the best section of the Orruk Warclans book to be perfectly frank. I do hate their limited battleline options though and think that they need some form of cavalry but those are things that will be fixed over time. 

But I feel like these new books are better designed for more casual/for fun players like myself.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3

No matter how unlikely, the hunger for new Fyreslayer units is eternal. They've been in AoS from almost the very beginning and have the fewest troop options and variety of any army in the entire game short of SoB.

I also play IDK and I'll happily snatch up any new models they happen to get but it's not comparable at all.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I know people largely care about competitive lists but I think the Kruel Boyz section is marvellously written really fun and interesting rules that reflect their lore amazingly. I actually think they are the best section of the Orruk Warclans book to be perfectly frank. I do hate their limited battleline options though and think that they need some form of cavalry but those are things that will be fixed over time. 

But I feel like these new books are better designed for more casual/for fun players like myself.

I think if you like fun then SBGL book does that much better on every front. Better unlockable battle line from knights to Big Timmy Dragon like monsters etc. I am yet to see gutrippaz swarm build even though that's how they performed battles in the lore. Gutrippaz warscroll in particular is baffling because there is no way that army with main dmg output being MW wound care about +1 to wound over Stikkas with +1 range which is a huge upgrade. (please grandstaves for celestial dracolines back to +2 range too thanks) 

It has a lot of potential but I am kinda worried with malerion elves how they will encroach on each other's design space (stealth, poison, cunning approach, popping up around the map seems like a shared flavour so far). 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Feii said:

I think if you like fun then SBGL book does that much better on every front. 

I like SBGL as well. 🤷‍♂️

I don't see it as a binary of having to like one thing over the other. It is a little apples and oranges considering that Soulblight is based largely around a legacy army including Vampire Counts and Legions of Nagash. I still think Kruelboyz are still a great army with some fun rules. I also like Stormcast and Nurgle, I think that I am just easy to please 😇

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

What I really want for Fyreslayers is a new Dwarf Flame Cannon.

if it was a dual warscroll kit it would add a lot to the army whilst paying tribute to an iconic WFB dwarf unit. 

AoS needs more war machines so a new dwarf cannon, flame or otherwise, would please me.

• Like 1