The Rumour Thread

38 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Really looking forward to Dragon Week!! Hopefully we get a tease at a new Dragon model as well, who knows maybe the Idoneth will get a Sea Dragon after all!! 

New Easterlings look glorious.

ljJVGvGlZUxR4PYc.jpg

These guys look like they have to take a dump and are looking around for the bathroom

• Haha 8

For everyone unsure about the cost of these dragon models, I'm just gonna point out that these dragons are by no means the only dragon minis on the market, hell there's probably someone close to you that'd print off a whole high detail resin dragon mini for ~$20. Sculpt yourself a lil saddle and you've got a stew going

• Like 3

Its a bit off topic,but after see the last painting in youtube of gw of the new dragon.......or it is very bad designed or who built it did a horrible job.

Hurts my eyes see so huge gaps in wings,arms and neck.

For  120€ kit i hope be who built it and not the kit because even 20 years old kits had smaller gaps

24 minutes ago, Doko said:

Its a bit off topic,but after see the last painting in youtube of gw of the new dragon.......or it is very bad designed or who built it did a horrible job.

Hurts my eyes see so huge gaps in wings,arms and neck.

For  120€ kit i hope be who built it and not the kit because even 20 years old kits had smaller gaps

It really looks like it wasnt built properly tbh. You can see that all those things fit, but it looks like they didnt finish connecting the parts all the way in. I cant say for sure because I havent seen the sprues but thats how I felt. 

Also Im pretty sure it being all white didnt help with that. I think if it had been fully painted we wouldnt notice some, if not all, of those gaps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It's honestly what I would expect. Everyone should know by now defensively strong a save-stacked 4+, 5++ can be. I can't really see models with 18 or more wounds running around on a 3+, 5++. That sounds like it would be impossible to deal with for a lot of mid-tier armies.

I am absolutely fine with that.

For years we have been this low tier army dealing with this BS

Make it 2+ 3++ if someone asks me

Edited by Kurrilino
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

I am absolutely fine with that.

For years we have been this low tier army dealing with this BS

Make it 2+ 3++ if someone asks me

I don't know if I'd go that far, but I am perfectly happy to see the Glottkin become something scary. They've been pretty bad for quite a while, generally needing at least a harbinger to follow them around and keep them alive. It'll be nice to see them standing on their own for once and hopefully they'll get a solid offensive buff as well. The biggest thing I'm worried about is how difficult it is to balance a model at that point level (assuming they're actually going to be 700 points). At that level a model is generally overpowered (ex. Archaon now) or disliked and barely ever taken (ex. Archaon before the S2D book was released). I don't want a total OP auto pick, but I do want them to be good enough to not feel like I'm handicapping the list by bringing them. I'll just cross my fingers I guess.

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, micahaphone said:

For everyone unsure about the cost of these dragon models, I'm just gonna point out that these dragons are by no means the only dragon minis on the market, hell there's probably someone close to you that'd print off a whole high detail resin dragon mini for ~$20. Sculpt yourself a lil saddle and you've got a stew going

Mate I’m a skaven player.

the only reason I would buy myself one of those hated storm-thing dragons, would be to rip their wings and desecrate it till a newish hell pit abomination has been formed.

The only reason why anybody would ever buy such a dragon

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, micahaphone said:

Unrelated, but I was looking at Pegasoworld for sculpts, 200mm models would easily make more detailed alternate options for mega gargants, and while expensive, are more detailed and not yet mega gargant priced.

16 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Unrelated, but I was looking at Pegasoworld for sculpts, 200mm models would easily make more detailed alternate options for mega gargants, and while expensive, are more detailed and not yet mega gargant priced.

It depends on what you are looking for .. sometimes other brand sculpts are nightmare to paint and it has always bothered me.. but it's rumour threads here and our poor moderators wants us to talk about rumours ^^

23 minutes ago, Perturbato said:

It depends on what you are looking for .. sometimes other brand sculpts are nightmare to paint and it has always bothered me.. but it's rumour threads here and our poor moderators wants us to talk about rumours ^^

I haven't tried them yet, so don't know at the moment. This would be an example: https://www.pegasoworld.com/product/fomorian/ This is another https://www.pegasoworld.com/product/genghis-khan/

As for rumours, if the official channel didn't get the dragon together very well, that would indicate that the model is a pain to build, would it not? Not a rumour per se, but enough of an indication for me to infer this.