The Rumour Thread

45 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Hmm, I wonder if someone recently posted a massive wish list of potential Chaos Champions to enter into the mortal realms... 🤔

Beyond that though I feel like this is a very likely wish considering that 40k seems to be doing something similar overall for their new releases. So I can imagine every army having a leader styled character at the fore. I am personally partial to Volturnos/Akhelian King styled models that give an optional generic build. 

I do think that this is exactly where soup lists can kinda hurt a line, particularly if that named character is the only major release for the edition: Skragrott is one of my favourite character models but other than a wand with some legs he might not fit perfectly into a Spiderfang or Troggoth army. The ven Denst's might stand out like a couple of sore thumbs in a Scourge Privateers or Dispossessed list. If they release an updated Greasus Goldtooth he would likely only fit in with my BCR army as I have a love of Gnoblars. This coming from someone who typically likes soup styled armies.

it hurts more when they are sub allegiance lock that for sure (hammer of sigmar getting another named character huh)

granted they have been slightly better on this front

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KriticalKhan said:

U  S  H  O  R  A  N

S

H

O

R

A

N

Seating Ghul King leaning on his sword sounds really awesome, and I'm not even looking to play Flesheaters Courts! 😊

Though... Aren't seated characters (seated on inanimate objects, mind you) not more or less limited to also being able to levitate (e.g. Lord Kroak or the Alarith Stone Mages)? And that doesn't seem fitting for Flesheaters.

1 hour ago, Tiberius501 said:

I need Kruleboy/Stormcast leeeaaaks! I don’t have a life so I need my plastic sustenance! 

I made a quick estimation, but I averaged more than a model a day from March 2020 until now. About 1.5.

Also want seperately available swamp orcs, my games and Kickstarter boxes are running low. (Still LotR risk though, somewhere in my house)

3 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

U  S  H  O  R  A  N

S

H

O

R

A

N

If were getting a named FEC who else could it be!?

2 hours ago, Maogrim said:

Seating Ghul King leaning on his sword sounds really awesome, and I'm not even looking to play Flesheaters Courts! 😊

Though... Aren't seated characters (seated on inanimate objects, mind you) not more or less limited to also being able to levitate (e.g. Lord Kroak or the Alarith Stone Mages)? And that doesn't seem fitting for Flesheaters.

Perhaps hes not seated exactly but crawling over the throne? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

To be honest...FEC does'nt need another ghoul king\lord but new troops and some of the court models that needs revamp o are done with conversion between kits.
Still seems a nice piece..but maybe is not Ushoran...?

If FEC get a named character, there’s no doubt it would be Ushoran. The matter of „needing“ is a different one entirely, just as e.g. 40k‘s Eldar need new Phoenix Lords, Aspect Warriors and basic troops and haven’t received anything for decades.

New FEC models would be great, no doubt about it.

35 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

To be honest...FEC does'nt need another ghoul king\lord but new troops and some of the court models that needs revamp o are done with conversion between kits.
Still seems a nice piece..but maybe is not Ushoran...?

Yeh, FEC need a refresh, particularly for Ghouls and Horrors/Flayers. Could also do with proper models for the Courtiers.

That said I definitely wouldn't turn my nose up at a named character center piece / big model that isn't the TG/ZD (I do love that kit though, best dragon they've ever made).

Those rumour engines look like a model sort of crouched / perched on top of some masonry to me. Ready to soar down and tear some unsuspecting invader limb from limb. If thats the take on Ushoran, I'd be cool with that.

I'm not sure even a refresh is the priority, just something to give their range some breadth, a unit that isn't made from one of three kits. They're not quite at fyreslayers level of homogeneity but having another unit of... I don't know, bat swarms taken hunting hawks or a horrible parody of the old Bretonnian grail reliquae or something would be good.

Like some of the ideas in this reddit post maybe:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

What if our maybe-Ushoran guy was sitting on a throne and the throne was carried to the battle by some crypt ghouls? So they are just a few poor guys getting almost crushed under a stone throne of their crazy cruel master, but they think they're having the honour of carrying their glorious lord in something like that:

pobrane (8).jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

43 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

What if our maybe-Ushoran guy was sitting on a throne and the throne was carried to the battle by some crypt ghouls? So they are just a few poor guys getting almost crushed under a stone throne of their crazy cruel master, but they think they're having the honour of carrying their glorious lord in something like that:

pobrane (8).jpeg

Not sure there's much honor in carrying around a portable porta-potty 🤔 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Bayul said:

I found this screenshot on Reddit. Did we talk about the Chaos-flavuored battletome for october already?

levm5sr9zw971.jpg

Yes. It's probably Nurgle with an outside chance of being Beasts of Chaos and an even smaller chance of being Chaos Duardin. 

I've worked it out. Nurgle vs FEC battlebox in October with two new books for each grand alliance that wasn't featured in Dominion.

This matches rumour engines and combines two of the older books with the statements we've had from Whitefang.

It also matches the 40k 9th ed release pattern of a battlebox shortly after the range releases.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

I will also say I have heard the scuttlebutt for the Chaos release is Nurgle. No idea on FEC though. I would like to see it; they are probably the model range that needs the most work for death (and Nighthaunt have a beautiful range with terrible rules so a book update with a handful of models would probably do them fine).

Also related to a previous point way back in the thread, part of what I dislike about the Stormcast aesthetic is that they gave them actual literal masks, but then paint them like regular armor. I think if you have a highly stylized mask, it should be a key part of the persona, not just "oh it's the same as my leg".

47 minutes ago, Bayul said:

I found this screenshot on Reddit. Did we talk about the Chaos-flavuored battletome for october already?

levm5sr9zw971.jpg

Yup, I think we came to the consensus that it’s gonna be either Nurgle or Chaos Duardin. I do still think it’ll be StD though, and nobody will ever be able to take that away from me.

hope it's Slaves to Darkness, possibly the rumoured StD/BoC soup, because that'll give a baseline of units that the monogod armies can coalition or ally in going forward and let each of the following monogod tomes be balanced appropriately with that in mind.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Yup, I think we came to the consensus that it’s gonna be either Nurgle or Chaos Duardin. I do still think it’ll be StD though, and nobody will ever be able to take that away from me.

I mean going off the rumour engines I only see one thing that looks Nurgle like (the little bone instrument) and several things that look potentially Slaves to Darkness inspired (the eightpoint skull, the staff top, and the hoof). I think that the likeliest bet is Beasts of Chaos, Nurgle or Slaves to Darkness at roughly equal measure. I know it will disapoint many but I am still fairly confident that Chaos Dwarves will at least initially be a S2D subfaction. 

1 hour ago, Aeryenn said:

I'd say FEC need to have their whole range refreshed but the latest hero from Carrion Empire and Underworlds team.

Sure man. Right after CoS humans, Seraphon, Skaven, Beasts of Chaos, Ogors, etc. 

The Terrorgeist kit is from 2011, not very old in terms of some of the models out there... The Crypt Ghouls are from 2005 or 2006? But they've held up pretty well imo compared to a lot of the rank-and-file type troops (they're about same age as moonclan grots)

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Sure man. Right after CoS humans, Seraphon, Skaven, Beasts of Chaos, Ogors, etc. 

The Terrorgeist kit is from 2011, not very old in terms of some of the models out there... The Crypt Ghouls are from 2005 or 2006? But they've held up pretty well imo compared to a lot of the rank-and-file type troops (they're about same age as moonclan grots)

Yep. FEC are fairly damn low on the list of factions that need a range refresh. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I am almost certain that these two RE are for the same model. A seated Ghoul King leaning on his sword!!

20210708_203922.jpg

I'm pretty convinced this will be the Carrion King since he's never been described as being dead, just out and about somewhere.

• Like 2

Nurgle seems the safest bet. 1st edition battletome and all that. 

StD being a 'close future' - with the inevitable updated multis for Warriors/Knights, probably a 'Lord Sorcerer' type to bring some heavy magic choice (hopefully in a dual 'Chaos Lord' kit) - would be my bet.

I don't see BoC or Skaven unless it's a large release - they could both do with a fair few bits and pieces.

FeC being the 'death' release and a larger model release in December seems to fit the '4 GA' rollout?