Best faction to paint pink??

Hey, 

So I want my next army to be pink.. like a unicorn pink! I want it very majestic with a mix of white, light blue and bright pink. But I don't know what would be the best army for this, I know stormcast would look great but I already have a stormcast army so that's off the table. I really want Khorne but I don't see that looking too good in bright pink. There's a couple of faction that I think could look decent, sylvaneth maybe to be themed like blossom trees? And also daughters or Khaine with pink hair and details. The other thing that makes this hard is I actually want the army to be good and playable, DoK doesn't seem too strong and theirs not much to choose from, Sylvaneth is decent but still not a lot to choose from. Anyway, it would be great to hear your recommendations maybe even with examples? Thanks! P.s Here's where I got the inspiration from, the stormcast army in this video - 

7 minutes ago, ItzMercy said:

Hey, 

So I want my next army to be pink.. like a unicorn pink! I want it very majestic with a mix of white, light blue and bright pink. But I don't know what would be the best army for this, I know stormcast would look great but I already have a stormcast army so that's off the table. I really want Khorne but I don't see that looking too good in bright pink. There's a couple of faction that I think could look decent, sylvaneth maybe to be themed like blossom trees? And also daughters or Khaine with pink hair and details. The other thing that makes this hard is I actually want the army to be good and playable, DoK doesn't seem too strong and theirs not much to choose from, Sylvaneth is decent but still not a lot to choose from. Anyway, it would be great to hear your recommendations maybe even with examples? Thanks! P.s Here's where I got the inspiration from, the stormcast army in this video - 

I would say that Slaanesh would fit the bill perfectly and you'd be jumping in with a Battletome coming out soon.  The new stunning Keeper of Secrets model (along with the other new models recently released and to come) are also a great incentive.

I'm going to second Slaanesh.

Tzeentch daemons also include pink in their palette, particularly Horrors, although they generally throw more blues out there.

Daughters of Khaine use a lot of whites, purples and reds. It wouldn't be too much to shift some of those up to a pink as well.

To echo the others Slaanesh & Tzeentch immediately spring to mind and with DoK, as you say, the pink hair’s already there.

But great thing about AoS is it’s so wide open you can easy come up with a reason your army comes in bubblegum flavours.

I’ve seen a few Nighthaunt armies done in purples and pinks that looked absolutely incredible.

I could easily picture a load of Idoneth eels in pinks and blues, lots of weird undersea creatures to take inspiration from.

Likewise Seraphon, there are some gorgeous pink lizards you can look to and blue accents would really make them pop.

Sylvaneth based on Japanese cherry trees in blossom would be 😘👌.

Lucy from the first video you posted does all her armies pink/purple, it’s like her trademark.  They all look great.

If it’s done well any colour scheme works on anything, in my experience. 

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and agree with the "anything goes" idea. I think if you want to be silly/cartoony, then you can do almost anything as that amazing Nurgle army above shows. Pink Nighthaunt would be interesting, as would pink dark or high aelves. Bubblegum Punk Fyreslayers could be great. Really the sky is the limit. If you have buckets of cash to spend, a pink Chaos Dwarf army would be hilarious. What better way to show that you hate everyone by dressing you whole army in electric hot pink?

As far as "traditional" pink armies, most of them have been mentioned I think.

DoK: pink and white go well here as many have mentioned. Also I don't know what you mean when you say DoK doesn't seem too strong. They are one of the best performing tournament armies in the game right now (although other factions are starting to show up)

Idoneth: tropical color scheme with lots of coral could look great here, and they are quite competitive as well.

Sylvaneth or Wanderers: Cherry Blossom themed Sylvaneth are a classic at this point (even a bit overdone, imo), and you could follow the same theme with Wanderers if you want (although they are definitely not competitive at the moment). Sylvaneth is competitive right now, but you might want to wait until this rumored moonclan vs. sylvaneth box comes out in case they get a new book.

Moonclan: pink squigs are classic. Pink gobbo robes are a bit strange, but white robes would look fantastic (albeit if you live in the US do note that this might look a little suspect). It might help if you painted pink trim on the robes. Pink trolls and lots of fluorescent crazy fungus are quite encouraged.

Tzeentch: Pink is a classic Tzeentch color, although blue is a more common dominant color. Nothing says you can't paint all your daemons and tzaangors pink though.

Slaanesh: All pink would fit right in here, or you could go for an androgynous/ambiguous theme by doing a contrasting pink and black harlequin style design. Keep in mind that the battletome is known to be coming though, so you may want to wait on that.

Isn't there a neon pink Ironjawz army that looks seriously impressive on this forum somewhere? Would be a cool contrast between the bright pink and light colours, and the absolute brutal looking models (+battle damage if you want)

43 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Isn't there a neon pink Ironjawz army that looks seriously impressive on this forum somewhere? Would be a cool contrast between the bright pink and light colours, and the absolute brutal looking models (+battle damage if you want)

Both me (check link in sig) and @Chris Tomlin have pink Ironjawz armies, though his is more black with pink and mine are more pink with pink,

9 hours ago, ItzMercy said:

And also daughters or Khaine with pink hair and details. The other thing that makes this hard is I actually want the army to be good and playable, DoK doesn't seem too strong and theirs not much to choose from

DoK is currently the most consistent high win rate army. lol

If you want to be very competitive, there is also not many units to choose from in each fraction. People usually just cherry pick the best units to field. LoN is hordes of Grimghast Reapers, DoK is hordes of Witch Aelves and IDK are Eels, SCE are Evocators...

6.png

9 hours ago, Payce said:

Both me (check link in sig) and @Chris Tomlin have pink Ironjawz armies, though his is more black with pink and mine are more pink with pink,

Thanks for the heads up! Don’t see your signature, sadly couldn’t find it through the search function either. 

Tzeentch - Pink horrors are already a thing.

Sylvaneth - cherry blossom leaves and a light coloured bark would be nice.

Slaanesh - pink and gold would suit I think.

High Elves - I've seen someone post a well painted army of these with lots of pink and it actually looked quite good.

I paint my Flesheaters a darkish pink, was originally going for a T-bone steak kind of thing, got a bit lighter pink than I was going for at first, but decided I liked it better that way.

(OT the un-filled gap down the center of the face of that pink mount in the OP is KILLING ME.)

Archived