Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Elmir last won the day on April 6 2020

Elmir had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

1,227 Celestant-Prime

About Elmir

  • Rank
    Lord Castellant
  • Birthday 01/08/1983

Recent Profile Visitors

1,094 profile views
  1. And the latest additions! These are also 3D prints from Fleshcraft studios. I will be using these as Chainghasts to accompany my spirit torment into battle!
  2. That's not true... Through the sheer power of amateurism, they managed to undo the Nighthaunt points drops by copy pasting an old 2018 version of the points into their new document! Playing a game of AoS right now against seraphon, KO, tzeentch or pointy aelves... feels... wel... pointless.
  3. Finally another addition to the death force after so many side projects! Second mourngul alternative done!
  4. Oh sure, my bonecolours start with vallejo tan primer, I do some airbrush shading in a reverse zenithal with vallejo cork brown, then I hit it with wraithseer (used to be bonewhite, but it's very similar) from the top down to create a slight transition. A bit of white drybrushing (very light) or regular white highlights for the showpieces and then shading using army painter darktone (the synthetic variant, thinned with mineral spirits). The purple is essentially naggaroth nights ---> army painter dark tone --> naggaroth night --> mix in genestealer purple --> lilac purple edge highlights.
  5. @Lowki I had it printed by a mate with a resin printer. I've heard from others that it could be quite expensive if you use an online service because of the size of the model... The tomb stones are from Renedra.
  6. And this big badboy has been finished: Some chainrasp for scale:
  7. The next big project. 3D print from Fleshcraft Studios as a stand in for a mourngul. It's quite a large model, this is on a 60mm base (same as the Mourngul ofc). I decided to get this one as it matches the updated nighthaunt aesthetics more.
  8. The first foambuild house for the vampiric town board is ready for the table:
  9. Yes, I have to say, I was incredibly happy to see my models featured in Warhammer Community. Cool to see the pictures with that watermark of them!
  10. I've not really made tutorials all that often. I lack any decent recording material as well.
  11. I want a soulblight inspired town... So I'm going to make it out of foam. Foam building is pretty new to me, but I do enjoy it. I've decided to go for manually cut bricks that get build onto full foam blocks for the first levels (I've not access to foamcore right now due to shops being shut down anyway). It's a longer process than using rollers or carving the bricks, but I'm happy to have put in the effort, as the final result does look nicely solid and aged/undead-ish! Anyway... Pictures! One of my models for scale: Guarden of Morr size comparison: And finally, lifting the curtain a bit on how I go about painting things in a step by step: Last picture has the army painter dark tone quickshade applied (turpentine based)... Dries rockhard, but shiny. I do hope it can keep the foam save from the rigours of the battlefield though!
  12. Added a few more elements to the nighthaunt: The two limited editions. A conversion using the leftover parts: And finally, an attempt to speed up the painting for units that I definitely like the look of... But probably won't see much use. These glaivewraiths were suprisingly fast compared to the others, but still mix in well enough... Probably something I might explore further to flesh out the army more:
  13. Mannfred is now done too: This means all the mortarchs are now finished, so that calls for a group shot! It was hard to fit them all into the lightbox though!
  14. I just use PVA glue the very fine sand they use in bird cages. It has little shells crushed in it, but it's super fine with the occasional chunky bit. I just paint it with vallejo scorched brown and just let the snow provide the contrast on it. You could drybrush it, but these days, I don't always do so because the grainy snow draws the eye away anyway.
  • Create New...