Favorite Model of 2019

Forrix

The community website got the poll up and I found it be a pretty hard choice. Loads of good models and it made me realize just how much 40k we got this year too. Wound up going with Keeper of Secrets since I feel they pulled off a difficult concept (monstrous/beautiful) quite well. Skullmaster, some of the 40k chaos stuff, and basically all the Gloomspite Releases were up there for me too. Just wondering what and why other people picked.  

• Like 1

Dankhold Troggoth for conversion versatility and allowing many a monster build.

The Unmade take the best unit slot for me, they’re just so creepy with their flayed belts.

Runner ups. The Corvus Cabal for Corvine Ninjufury, Katakros for having a strong presence without pointing or shouting. And Abaddon because he’s the poster boy for Space Chaos. Skagrott because he’s a ****** Mushroom Goblin King and prophet of an evil moon. 

It’s been a good year, now give me a plastic Shaggoth and I’ll stop the whining. For like a month tops.

I just got Grombrindel home, but it's probably Gotrek for me. Godsworn Hunt is nice, the best of the warbands I own, but has a few overdone figures in it.

Karl Franz on Deathclaw, Pistoleers, Greatswords, Demigryphs and the Excelsior Warpriest are somehow missing from the choices, and are better than any of them.

Lotta good choices - the Gobblapooza are the funniest and most creative of a funny, creative range - but it’s got to be Katakros. Incredible details, a variety of well-executed textures, one of the most exquisite poses of a GW model, a whole characterful narrative from the diorama. Easily one of the best miniature made for AoS.

• Like 2