The Rumour Thread

i knew idk part would have baldys but.... couldnt have been 2 unit of eels instead baldys?? :(

i hope we get something besides that. since didnt have anything since our release like 4 years ago. not even a tome for a whole eddition. and now only will get a tiny foot hero??? not even endless spells

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Azamar said:

This hasn’t shown up yet- more fyreslayers yet to come or is it chaos dwarfs after all?

B119DCDF-D98F-432B-ADCD-B774DD8D0055.jpeg

It's not impossible that it's Fyreslayers, but hard to say with just the limited view we have.

The studded bits coming out remind me a little bit of the Battlesmith

99070205006_BattleSmith01.jpg

15 minutes ago, EonChao said:

I really like this box which is dangerous. The new Fyreslayer is fantastic, might be my favourite model in the entire range and I think the Deepkin one just needs a different paint job. The extra models are really good as well and combo well with the Start Collecting boxes without too much duplication.

I'm dangerously tempted to pull the trigger on this one and grab the two start collecting boxes before they get replaced

I think that is where the derision for this box is coming from it is a strangely great way to start out the two different factions. Personally I am also a big fan but I could see how this would be disappointing if I collected these armies already. If the rules for Namarti improve I could see people with purely eel lists taking interest in the set but overall I expect that the vast majority of Fyreslayer and Idoneth players already have the majority of these models. So it is a hard sell for IDK and Fyreslayer players, and will do little to win over people that do not like either faction...

But for those on the fence this is a pretty sweet set 🙂 

Edited by Neverchosen

I’m actually ok with the box contents. Obviously depending on the price, it seems like great value. I really don’t mind having more thralls, reavers and an extra shark. Currently I don’t have any fyreslayers, the box seems like an ok starting point.

Of course I’d like to see more releases (especially for deepkin), but that doesn’t take away from what is in the box and it’s value.

Jokes aside now, I think the box is ok. Like, its one of the mid edition boxes. They arent really known to have anything too impressive on them, even when they have codexes connected to them (see 1k sons vs grey knights), the chaos vs eldar being the exception since according to the leaks both armies are getting major revamps. I think our best chance of getting new, more exciting minis would be when these 2 factions get their own battletomes.

43 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

kF4xCoO.png

Pretty much.

Honestly, the box is full of meh. It would be more exciting if at least it included existing beasties such as the magmas and any of the idoneth monsters. As is, it is just infantry and two very marginal foot heroes.

I was planning on buying it to beef up those collections (granted, provided that it had exciting minis) but now I won't.

Fun little article and KO get their own spot Soup cancelled!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/12/27/searching-for-inspiration-try-our-high-tech-random-hobby-project-generator/
wKulTiS1uRTRbnXZ.jpg

5 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Surely they are just waiting for the right moment to spring those Idoneth endless spells on us!

Lowkey the best comment in response to the box. Also I am already out of reacts 😮 

3 minutes ago, Doko said:

I gonna buy it,i havent runemaster so i can use this heroe as runemaster or as the new heroe and hesrthguards are welcome allways.

But of course only if it is the same price that lasts boxes as morathi vs slanesh was,if it is more expensive.....

Yeah the price point is what I am waiting for both for this and the Eldar/Chaos box.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I might just skip the rest of this edition and go play 40k for a bit. The new Eldar and chaos stuff coming up seems a lot more exciting.

The last thing I need for my Idoneth is a random foot hero. I've already got 4 random foot heroes that don't see much play.

Don't lose hope my friend, I'm sure Idoneth will at least get a tome. There is still a chance for something more even if this box is a disappointment.

39 minutes ago, MathV said:

There was a rumor about this, so assuming it was accurate now, can anyone remember me what was predicted next for AoS? 

As talked a few pages ago, WF said Lumineth in 2023 (NOT next year) and teased Skaven, especially Eshin.

34 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Reminder of what the Fyreslayers could have had as a new hero type:

1) Fyrequeen (as mentioned in the lore)
2) Runeson riding baby/winged magmadroth
3) Flame spirit of Grimnir
4) Anything that doesn't look exactly like what they already have.

1st is what gets me. We have fem Fyreslayers in lore. We have them in Soulbound art. It would give some visual and actual diversity and...and they went with a third priest.

26 minutes ago, Azamar said:

This hasn’t shown up yet- more fyreslayers yet to come or is it chaos dwarfs after all?

B119DCDF-D98F-432B-ADCD-B774DD8D0055.jpeg

I want to believe but my faith wavers.

• Thanks 1

Definitely going to buy the box, though only a hero is not what Fyreslayers need. Now for my next set of unrealistic expectations I'm hoping that more news for both FS and IDK means that they'll get their battletomes next with some more models, just like Slaanesh did after Shadow and Pain.

That other Fyreslayer-ey looking rumour engine could be part of a Magmadroth saddle still

Edited by Snarff

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

It may be reading into it too much, but all of the 40k factions got a new codex already or are getting one in the future, maybe it is the same for the AoS ones? SCE, Orruk and Nurgle alredy got one, Idoneth is pretty much a safe beat at this point with the new hero coming. Ossiarch is generally expected to come soon, as 3rd made their unique rules a liability more than something unique to them.  KO have no rumors, but if the fyreslayers book is a soup book they won't need a new model or anything like that...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

It may be reading into it too much, but all of the 40k factions got a new codex already or are getting one in the future, maybe it is the same for the AoS ones? SCE, Orruk and Nurgle alredy got one, Idoneth is pretty much a safe beat at this point with the new hero coming. Ossiarch is generally expected to come soon, as 3rd made their unique rules a liability more than something unique to them.  KO have no rumors, but if the fyreslayers book is a soup book they won't need a new model or anything like that...

I was about to comment the same thing. 95% sure that random table is just a warcom fluff piece, but man are those faction choices suspicious.

1 hour ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

OK I went back and our Lord and Saviour replied this to @Nezzhil who wishlisted some Skaven. We got Skaven rumours currently, right? So...one more on the pile of "Whitefang don't miss"?

Screenshot_20211227-164434_1.png.eab5db40431e7f6bde6b7dc8736a399f.png

Yesh. The next rumour from the Prophet is:

- Eshin Clan

From other sources:

- Sylvaneth wave 2 without Kurnothi

- Warcry 2

- Nighthaunt Vs "something" (I think the other army is Lumineth)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh look, a third Fyreslayer mini, at least this one's helmet is less stupid. 

The Idoneth is quite nice, just not, wow, I gotta start this army nice. 

Hopi g for Eshin in q2 as my formerly 2000pt Eshin army is much smaller these days and I'm sure triple vermin lord is too mean :P

Edited by Noserenda