The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I feel like we will see the rest of the Corsiars tomorrow to round out the month but then we might get something for AOS the following Monday. 

All I want are some Chaos Dwarves, Silent People, Kurnothi Aelves, Vampirates, Malerion on a skateboard, Halfling Knights riding ponycorns, and range refreshes for Skaven and Seraphon... is that too much to ask?

You forgot Tyrion, my friend. Surely you are just as gitty as I am for the Archmage's shining and radiant twin brother as the herald of the Lumineth's war aspect?! :)

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

34 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

You forgot Tyrion, my friend. Surely you are just as gitty as I am for the Archmage's shining and radiant twin brother as the herald of the Lumineth's war aspect?! :)

Sorry, I was focusing on primarily new armies and refreshes... if we are talking about which forces need expansions well then I might be asking for a little bit more 😉

Although to the chagrin of pretty much everyone, I really want Tyrion to become the adoptive God of Idoneth...

In general I want them to explore the notion of faith in more interesting and dynamic ways. Have war cults equally dedicated to Morathi, Grimnir and GorkaMorka but secretly worshipping Khonre. Give Destruction more primeval godbeasts as animistic gods of destruction! Give us narratives that begin to touch on the scope of the epic poetry of Homer, Valmiki OR Vyasa.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Nos said:

Lol at that 40k "Battlebox" with 15 guys

Scufflebox

Might just be 15, but those 15 are all new, 3 units, 1 which is brand a new design and 2 new characters.That alone is pretty much most of the fyreslayer army list and they got…a new guy 👀

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, madmac said:

Well if nothing else there was no mention of "Path to the Preview" this time, so they might actually be done with Eldar reveals for a bit. Could be another Kill Team mini tomorrow though, or something for the new Necromunda...

I wouldnt be suprised if it's this Yehtee model for Blood Bowl.

5 hours ago, EonChao said:

Loved Devolution so those Yehtees would be magnificent. Hope they get an update this summer even more now!

We also will likely get a preview on Black Library day (in mid to late Feb). Last year they just released books and Ventris for that day's preorders but they previewed a whole bunch of AoS related stuff. Lumineth wave 2, Gardus, Krulghast Cruciator, Wight King, Hedkrakka's Madmob, the Castigator/Glaivewraith Underworlds box and the entirety of Cursed City (along with a teaser of Be'lakor) were all previewed on that day.

Devolution is incredible isnt it!! I really hope that gets made into a film at some point like WWZ. Damn I just finished it a couple weeks ago but already want to read it again!! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

I love this! No interest in BB for now, but I want to paint that up. If GW released a unit of those for AoS, I'd be tempted into starting a small Mawtribes force for sure. 

Absolutely mate. I'd have to change my Mawtribes to be basically a Tyrant with Yehtees and a few Mega Gargants!! 

3 minutes ago, KarrWolves said:

AoS BattletomeRoadmap Jan31 Roadmap

Edit: that's not a rumour but that's finally a roadmap for AoS

I want to start by saying this a great move and I'm very happy to see it. I'd then like to add "hey destruction? Sucks to suck losers!" (Clarification that's not my stance, just feels like what GW is saying)

Edited by The Red King
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, KarrWolves said:

So it seems like Fyreslayers remain their own army for the time being.

The DoK battletome surprises me, to be honest. I did not see that coming at all. Are they getting another model wave?

The next Chaos battletome is probably Khorne, Skaven or Beasts of Chaos. I'm going to tentatively call Skaven since they have an Underworlds warband rumoured that would fit the time frame.

For Order, all bets are off. Probably not combined dwarves, but maybe a new dwarves army? A Cities rework? Sylvaneth?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KarrWolves said:

Happy to see a Roadmap, and feel like I dodged a bullet with Fyreslayers not being souped, that said...

1. Reused Battletome covers, WTH GW?

2. This pretty much confirms a very veeeeery lean schedule. We'll get the first two books in Feb to go with their battlebox and probably no models, then 2-3 months for a battlebox and two tomes with probably no other new models, then 2-3 months for I'm going to put my stakes down now, battlebox and two tomes with probably no other models.

3. Skaven vs Sylvaneth for Summer, I'm sure of it now.

• Like 9