The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

When do you think we'll have some news and previews about the 2nd season of warcry or the new underowrlds season?

37 minutes ago, novakai said:

I gonna guess sometime next year, it looks like GW are going to be busy for the remainder of this year catching up with their pending release especially with 40K and their codexes 

I was hoping for the next Underworlds Season to drop in December like it did last year but with the delays and current climate who knows. 

I would expect Warcry probably this time next year, just like Killteam.

Hopefully we get some news on either before the end is out!!

9 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I was hoping for the next Underworlds Season to drop in December like it did last year but with the delays and current climate who knows. 

I would expect Warcry probably this time next year, just like Killteam.

Hopefully we get some news on either before the end is out!!

This is what I'm thinking as well. 

We've not had a single teaser for Season 5 yet despite all of the Warbands having been out for months now and Arena Mortis will be releasing a similar period to S4's version of it (early September vs mid-late September). Originally I'd expected them to just have a shorter S4, but presumably that's not going to be the case this time around, although I'm not complaining - almost none who hasn't been playing via Tabletop Simulator has even had a Season 4. I'd rather it be dragged out with the promise "S5 is coming, we're just letting the game breathe a bit" than cramming it out the door.

Warcry, I'd similarly not be surprised if it did end up in a Kill-Team 2.0 rework. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

This is what I'm thinking as well. 

We've not had a single teaser for Season 5 yet despite all of the Warbands having been out for months now and Arena Mortis will be releasing a similar period to S4's version of it (early September vs mid-late September). Originally I'd expected them to just have a shorter S4, but presumably that's not going to be the case this time around, although I'm not complaining - almost none who hasn't been playing via Tabletop Simulator has even had a Season 4. I'd rather it be dragged out with the promise "S5 is coming, we're just letting the game breathe a bit" than cramming it out the door.

Warcry, I'd similarly not be surprised if it did end up in a Kill-Team 2.0 rework. 

Yeah mate and it does make sense seeing as S4 didn't really have its usual time in the sun and has made using the models very difficult.

I cant wait for S5 just to see which new Warbands and Realm it is set in but for some reason I cant shake the feeling that March 2022 will be the launch of S5. No reason just my gut feeling and Gargants and Ogors always go with the gut!!

An August 2022 release for Warcry S2 could also then make the side games of Warcry and Kill Team bi yearly releases for AOS and 40K which I think would make fans more than happy. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

FAQ of legacy warscroll with matched play points.

Most importantly includes dwarf cannons

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/u8HUNVKydnPpvowA.pdf

There are some odd oversights in there, particularly some wizards not having a designated number of spells they can cast or unbind.

Edited by CeleFAZE
not all the entries lack this info

7 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

It's legends so not legal.

it's not legal for tournament stuff, but for casual games there's a bit more of a buy in with barely supported but existing 'legends' rules.

For me it's Monstrous Arcanum Legends. The allies ability those monsters now have let folks like me (BoC) get to actually ally something other than Std - like a gigantic chaos spawn - which has always been thematically appropriate for me.

Do I have to ask permission?  sure!  But I don't think there are a ton of people outside of tournaments that are going to have a big problem with that.  especially not my path to glory group. 

It's a step in the right direction, is all i'm saying.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

I see those freeguild hunters and weep. Such great characterful models & would have been nice for CoS to have basic battleline unit not locked behind general selection..

then again it would have been nice to have priests and the war alter. But perhaps the crusade will bring them back

It is really odd that such an iconic unit of the warhammer mythos, the warrior priest, is missing from the official lineup. I suppose Stormcast are meant to effectively replace them on a thematic level in much the way fyreslayers have replaced slayers, but it still seems like a strange choice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CeleFAZE said:

It is really odd that such an iconic unit of the warhammer mythos, the warrior priest, is missing from the official lineup. I suppose Stormcast are meant to effectively replace them on a thematic level in much the way fyreslayers have replaced slayers, but it still seems like a strange choice.

I always kind of figured that GW was going to bring back priests in some way for CoS at some point. Now with the crusades coming at some point I'd be surprised if they didn't make a human CoS priest. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, CeleFAZE said:

It's odd as the main protagonist in the Dark Harvest novel is/was a warrior priest so the position is still a thing in AoS lore.

24 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

I just realized that the last Kruleboyz/Orruk Warclans article on Warhammer Community with any rules in it is from the 13th of August. Which is well over two weeks ago now. 

Looks like not only our hype has died down.

I’m not a logistics person but here in the UK we are seeing shortages of some items in shops (which is most likely due to that B word thing but I’m not going to say any more about because it’s political ). If I was a company that had to get items out to shops and customers and these items were released on a regular basis, this sounds a nightmare. I suspect this is the issue we have now but GW should have made some sort of announcement about it and managed people’s expectations. 

EDIT - PS I imagine it’s a share reason not to spook investors about supply issues

Going back to rumours, I suspect we probably will get a busy few weeks for AOS as I think a lot of stuff will drop at once as it’s going to be a busy few months getting all the releases they have hinted at for 40K. Not great as an AOS fan but I imagine it will be good next year.

On another note, does anybody know more about boxes being repackaged? I’m sure I’ve seen some pictures somewhere of Orruk kits in the Dominion branding. Just wondering if this means updated warscrolls?

Edited by Gaz Taylor
  • Like 5

I am a bit annoyed about the updates to Warhammer legends. They claimed these wouldn‘t get changed ever again.

they updated those with new keywords - fine.

They forgot some rules (some mages lack the whole wizard paragraph). 
And they plainly forgot the S2D War Mammoth. Now there is a nerfed version in monstrous arcanum that I refuse to use. - Why the hell?

I don‘t mind updated keywords, i like it, but fundamentally fiddling with the rules of a unit that was supposed to stay how it is forever is such a bad move.

either continue to support it or don‘t. No half-way rewrite while breaking perfectly fine warscrolls.

I‘ll continue to use the S2D Warscroll for the Mammoth since it hadn’t been replaced.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

They did. Plans have changed but they didn’t put right say they did until some pressure from the community. As of now it’s September. 

Almost always when they tell you something will come in a month, its the end of the month. Especially if your in the camp that we're waiting on the app. If these apps are being worked on by the same people, and WH+ was just launched this week.. no way they finish up the AoS+ app just 1-2 weeks later, I'm sure they fixing any issues with WH+ first. 

• Like 1