The Rumour Thread

Or perhaps GW is giving them these models now because the new tome is actually closer to teh end of the cycle ;). Even if these books are the start of a PA style lead into AoS 3.0 we could well still be looking at a year's wait. Heck GW might even delay AoS 3.0 based on teh results of Corona just to give themselves breathing room to get back on track. Not forgetting that Corona is likely not going away for another year at best

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Overread said:

Or perhaps GW is giving them these models now because the new tome is actually closer to teh end of the cycle ;). Even if these books are the start of a PA style lead into AoS 3.0 we could well still be looking at a year's wait. Heck GW might even delay AoS 3.0 based on teh results of Corona just to give themselves breathing room to get back on track. Not forgetting that Corona is likely not going away for another year at best

If we get a new faction during Broken Realms, my money would be on the Death thing they have been teasing for months now. I don't really think there is room for two substantial things (new faction or big range update) in the timespan. I could see Slaanesh getting one or two units, but not a full battletome update before 3..0.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

If we get a new faction during Broken Realms, my money would be on the Death thing they have been teasing for months now. I don't really think there is room for two substantial things (new faction or big range update) in the timespan. I could see Slaanesh getting one or two units, but not a full battletome update before 3..0.

Right?  It feels like there is a new Death related rumour engine every other week, that’s been going on for months now.  A new Death faction that’s been teased feels right in Broken Realms.  

37 minutes ago, Rhetoric said:

Right?  It feels like there is a new Death related rumour engine every other week, that’s been going on for months now.  A new Death faction that’s been teased feels right in Broken Realms.  

I also agree with this, so many Death related rumour engines. It may be my own wishful thinking for Vampires that is making me a little biased though, lol.

3 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Between the Lord of Pain and the Direchasm Slaaneshi, I can't help but feel Hedonites (and DoK) will be getting their books pretty early into 3.0, as well as that Slaanesh mortal wave sooner rather than later.

Would love to finally see Slaanesh mortals. Te firecracker warband absolutely nails the look. The archer and The dude with te glaive look pretty similar. Would love a box of these with options for both bows or hand weapons, similar to the acolytes for Tzeentch. The Persian vibe is perfect. 
but I’d say te release of Slaanesh would be a good starting point for a new edition. It makes sense mortals make an appearance then. Because with slaanesh gone for so long it seems odd many mortals would worship him. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, michu said:

Wow these new rules are so cool, it makes the new cities/sce/s2d rules seem so much less impressive in comparison. 

I am happy that Idoneth are getting a cool update but also sad as I traded mine away (for a more affordable army so it was never rules).

Edited by Neverchosen

I was wrong about Morathi-Slaanesh but damn happy to follow Morathi-Khaine!

"Morathi’s soul simultaneously resides in both her incarnation as Morathi-Khaine – formerly the High Oracle – and also her monstrously mirrored Shadow Queen form."

I wonder if this is what wakes Dragondaddy up

Edited by Chumphammer

53 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

Taking Leviadon's also now buffs your Namarti, which is cool. Enough to make them viable? Probably not but still

If nothing else, it further cements the Leviadon as a staple in an otherwise Namarti-heavy list.

Now if only there was a Lotann update... :P

1 hour ago, Chumphammer said:

I was wrong about Morathi-Slaanesh but damn happy to follow Morathi-Khaine!

"Morathi’s soul simultaneously resides in both her incarnation as Morathi-Khaine – formerly the High Oracle – and also her monstrously mirrored Shadow Queen form."

I wonder if this is what wakes Dragondaddy up

That does sou d great, but still I’m wondering if she got worse when it comes down to survivability.

after all it seems as if she can take more then 3wounds per turn if the little Morathie gets targeted.

Unless there is something we don’t know yet.

welp it’ll be interesting 

4 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

That does sou d great, but still I’m wondering if she got worse when it comes down to survivability.

after all it seems as if she can take more then 3wounds per turn if the little Morathie gets targeted.

Unless there is something we don’t know yet.

welp it’ll be interesting 

All Wounds from mini Morathi go to big morathi

Big Morathi has a rule that max 3 wounds a  turn

this means even if mini gets targeted they all go to big and anything over 3 is discounted.

BUT if big dies then mini dies also. So mini will either have no wounds or either way they are moot

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

this means even if mini gets targeted they all go to big and anything over 3 is discounted.

BUT if big dies then mini dies also. So mini will either have no wounds or either way they are moot

I suppose it depends on how you interpret the last bit about the new rule that says "Wounds and mortal wounds allocated to the Shadow Queen this way cannot be negated" - i.e. does this means that the Iron heart of khaine rule can negate those wounds still since "they cant be allocated" or does it mean that this wound transfer from baby morathi supersedes iron heart of khaine..

Am I missing something here - shadow queen rule is if an ability or spell slays the model - it’s not a max three wounds thing?  If she is itsa jibbed (archaon sword). she just takes three wounds.  Melee / shooting just goes through. 

Edited by Banksy

26 minutes ago, Banksy said:

Am I missing something here - shadow queen rule is if an ability or spell slays the model - it’s not a max three wounds thing?  If she is itsa jibbed (archaon sword). she just takes three wounds.  Melee / shooting just goes through. 

People are just interpreting.

If Morathi didn’t keep her Iron Heart of Khaine rule the Model would be utterly worthless: You basically have two targets you can nuke down to kill one model. Every area effect nukes her twice if both are in range.

So she has to keep the rule otherwise the warscrolls is an utter design-fail ^^

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chumphammer said:

And at the same tome it says that wounds allocated this way can not be negated.

which would basically mean that she can lose more then three wounds per turn, unless I’m missing something 

Yes seems she can take more than 3 if were done to human morathi.

Also pretty balanced,the big melle version only can 3, but have the rangued buffer mague can be focused to try get a counter to a otherwise oberpower ability.

Really people think have two models that both can tie multiple enemy units and only take 3 wounds in total is balanced?????seems pretty strongth allready only with one model but two is way umbalanced and reading the skill wont happen

3 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

And at the same tome it says that wounds allocated this way can not be negated.

which would basically mean that she can lose more then three wounds per turn, unless I’m missing something 

ye that was my thought as well, it could be that both models have the 3 wound cap so by attacking both you could do 6w/ turn to her max. or it's just flat capped at 3, one of these two would be my guess

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

I expect the Heart of Khaine no longer exists as it was probably destroyed as a physical item during the ritual to create Morathi-khaine.

I think she will keep it, simply because the physical model carries it quite prominently. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1