The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, edmc78 said:

I really dislike this business model of cheap up front then re-releasing parts at a stonking markup. Oh well, I’ll try to pick it up before it sells out. What time of day do GW pre-orders go live?

Games Workshop and their customers really deserve each other.

• Haha 8

I like the guys, but I don't know if I like them enough to stress to buy them in the 7 minute window they are gonna be up. I have a big pile of shame, and too little paint... ugh

I just would like to know what they are going to take out when they will make the starter boxes. Probably most heroes (I don't really care about them, I just like the two cute grots), but also Praetors and Boltboyz, who are my favourites. UGH.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

Mork

Casually BTFO lightning Demi-god

I kneel before Kruelchads...

4CDC8407-C7E2-42B5-B7C9-5591DA03A399.png

79EA67CE-26D5-4108-A11C-948D2405AE22.png

EC924DC0-9DEC-40A3-A47E-CC0ADED6FDA4.png

E2628BC9-82D4-49C9-B73A-4728B3411CA9.png

I find it amusing how Stormcast are rapidly become the Tyranids of AoS

You want to prove the new model/hero/army/god is all powerful? Have them go kill some Stormcast and a named Stormcast Character. Just like the poor Swarmlord gets beaten by any new big hero in the 40K setting who wants to make their mark. :P

6 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Good to see Chaos Dwarf hints too, probably for AoS 4 ofc

I could see that. Order, Death, and now Destruction have an edition focusing on them. Chaos goes next, revealing Chaos Dwarves (among other things), and that lets GW also refresh regular dwarves to combat the new menace (and their ancient shame).

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I could see that. Order, Death, and now Destruction have an edition focusing on them. Chaos goes next, revealing Chaos Dwarves (among other things), and that lets GW also refresh regular dwarves to combat the new menace (and their ancient shame).

Three years seems like a long time to drag out that hint. Chaos is the only GA that hasn't had a completely new army that AoS can safely call it's own* and Chorfs seem the perfect way to go about that, especially with Legion of Azgorh gone and a Chaos Dwarf DLC for Total War: Warhammer 3 being a definite question of 'when' and not 'if'. 

*By which I mean, almost the entire range being brand new kits without having a large proportion of recycled WHFB kits.

• Like 2

Did anyone notice this image on ageofsigmar.com? I thought it was curious that it shows only a portion of the models from the box. It could just be a random subset for the photo, but maybe it's a product photo for the starter set that got mixed up and used here? The image contains half the lowest level troops, no boltboyz or annihilators, and minus one SCE hero and minus two kruleboyz heros. It seems reasonable to me that this could be the largest starter set contents. The largest 40K starter contains a smaller percentage of the indomitus box than what this would be, but it also has terrain that the AoS starter might not have.

N8kCxgh79bNgTHIo-1302x600.png

Edited by frostyeel
duplicate image
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, frostyeel said:

Did anyone notice this image on ageofsigmar.com? I thought it was curious that it shows only a portion of the models from the box. It could just be a random subset for the photo, but maybe it's a product photo for the starter set that got mixed up and used here? The image contains half the lowest level troops, no boltboyz or annihilators, and minus one SCE hero and minus two kruleboyz heros. It seems reasonable to me that this could be the largest starter set contents. The largest 40K starter contains a smaller percentage of the indomitus box than what this would be, but it also has terrain that the AoS starter might not have.

N8kCxgh79bNgTHIo-1302x600.png

The Sprue with Yndrasta contains the Knight-Vexillor and the Anihilators too, so I think they’d have trouble making that work in a single set. Pretty sure the Mounted Killaboss is on a sprue with the crossbowmen and Murknob. The Knight Arcanum is on a sprue with the foot Killaboss, and the Lord Imperator is on a sprue with the Kruleboy Shaman.

I think the Recruit Edition equivalent will have the Knight Arcanum and 5 Vindictors, and the Foot Killaboss with either 10 Gutrippaz or 10 Hobgrots. Then the Elite Edition will have the Lord Imperator, 5 Vindictors, and 3 Praetors, plus the Kruleboy Shaman, 10 Gutrippaz, and 10 Hobgrots. If the command edition is like in 40K, it will probably just have the elite edition minis plus terrain.

Edited by EnumaEilish

5 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

For all the lore about the kruelboyz worshipping Kragnos and taking up his iconography, after looking  at the newly revealed models, the shields and other “faces” look more like squigs to me. Makes me think more and more that Kragnos was a last minute edition to the destruction story. Like the model was made for some other product line or idea that was later dropped so they stuffed it into destruction. Especially after Kragnos role in the excelsius storyline (I’ll be spoiler free here for those who haven’t read it yet). 

They're themed around Mork by being cunning over brutal.... so they're drawn to and worship a god who does nothing but smash stuff.

Their shields all look like squigs, are styled after themselves, and have the same Gork and Mork faces we've had since the 80's.... but they're supposed to be Kragnos. Because "most of them haven't seen him."

They live in swamps.... and follow a god of earthquakes.

I'd hope it was a last minute change, otherwise I'd worry for the mental faculties of GW's writers.

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

They're themed around Mork by being cunning over brutal.... so they're drawn to and worship a god who does nothing but smash stuff.

Their shields all look like squigs, are styled after themselves, and have the same Gork and Mork faces we've had since the 80's.... but they're supposed to be Kragnos. Because "most of them haven't seen him."

I'd hope it was a last minute change, otherwise I'd worry for the mental faculties of GW's writers.

Hoping they leave the squigs to the other greenskins myself. Gloomspite and even Ironjawz would do it far better, and I'd much prefer to see more creatures like the warboss' mount over squigs!

Kragnos is... absolutely weird as a patron. He seems like the opposite of everything these guys represent at a glance. I'm interested to see how they've justified it writing wise... but at the same time, am hoping their lore is not Kragnos centric as a deity. Would much prefer them godless. Just fighting for self advancement and to cause pain for their amusement and self indulgence.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

I mean tons of people in the real world worship idols of their diety that look nothing like what they were originally imagined as/were. (See white jesus).

Why would a fantasy world need to be different?

Plus the army is loaded with symbols of Mork, so it seems like they just revere Kragnos as a rallying figure for destructions ascendance. 

Finally, gloomspite worship the moon, yet live underground. Why is it weird that people who revere an avatar of earthquakes live in a swamp.

These all seem like super nitpicky critiques from people who don't have access to the full lore.

Maybe when all the lore is fully revealed, it will make even less sense, but we can't know that. And at this point, considering the setting and the very little we do know about the faction. Everything seems perfectly reasonable to me.  

• Like 8

On 5/26/2021 at 10:48 AM, PJetski said:

We already have Templars in the Extremis Chamber so probably not that

Just spitballing some ideas here.... Lord-Nihilum, -Invictus, -Dominus, -Turris, -Castellum, -Caelum, -Caelestis , -Caelestum, -Aethrus, -Edictus, -Imperius, -Mandatum, -Fatalis, -Clarus

Lord-Reclaimer?

Lord-Imperius was close enough, right?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Hoping they leave the squigs to the other greenskins myself. Gloomspite and even Ironjawz would do it far better, and I'd much prefer to see more creatures like the warboss' mount over squigs!

Kragnos is... absolutely weird as a patron. He seems like the opposite of everything these guys represent at a glance. I'm interested to see how they've justified it writing wise... but at the same time, am hoping their lore is not Kragnos centric as a deity. Would much prefer them godless. Just fighting for self advancement and to cause pain for their amusement and self indulgence.  

What do you mean these Boyz who seem to pride themselves on being kunnin, tricksy, and are known for their use of underhanded weapons don't seem like the kind of people to worship...

Checks notes

A God of Brute Strength who prides himself on his ability to win fights head on with no trickery. Absurd I say. /s

Edited by dirkdragonslayer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Overread said:

I find it amusing how Stormcast are rapidly become the Tyranids of AoS

You want to prove the new model/hero/army/god is all powerful? Have them go kill some Stormcast and a named Stormcast Character. Just like the poor Swarmlord gets beaten by any new big hero in the 40K setting who wants to make their mark. :P

So they'll eat the dwarves if noone at GW wants to make models for them anymore?

• Haha 1

Both of the starter set armies have what looks like the equivalent of an Oldhammer BSB. Aside from Khorne and Seraphon do any other armies have something like this?  

Wonder if this is a trend that will continue.

• Like 1