The Rumour Thread

I have to agree that I prefer the limited edition models to be for the big factions. Last year when they had promos for an army I was actually interested in it got quite stressful to make sure that I could get hold of them. This year my first thought was literally "Ah good I can relax, its just space marines and stormcast..."

• Haha 1

Yeah, making limited edition models relatively inessential is the right way to go. As someone who always works on Saturdays , I never get the chance to pick up limited edition models. Having a cool new Deepkin hero would be a nightmare if it was limited in such a way. With Stormcast or marines, if I get the chance to pick up a model then that’s cool but if I miss out , I’m not to bothered.

• Haha 1

For those interested there's an international Facebook group that is setup to basically help people get hold of limited edition stuff like the store anniversary or opening special models. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

So you can join up and find those who are going to those events and they can pick up the models for you and post them on; just like a trade over forums/facebook. An ideal way to get hold of those limited models if you can't attend an event yourself. 

They also go to things like Warhammer world and store openings so some of the limited access stuff from those events can be got a hold of too. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, JPjr said:

We would be able to solve the world's energy crisis with the amount of blind rage that would be unleashed worldwide at this.

Does an enraged tabletop gamer generate more heat than a person at rest? Can we gather that excess heat in a store and convert it into electricity?

4 minutes ago, Turragor said:

Does an enraged tabletop gamer generate more heat than a person at rest? Can we gather that excess heat in a store and convert it into electricity?

The last thing we need is lots of gamers in a small area sweating profusely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

It seems that link to AOS on official website is in error, no matter which country, always leading back to the  home page....

what are they dont??????

Same thing for me, super odd, the 40k and all other links seem fine.

22 hours ago, JPjr said:

"I haven't had any new models for years and now the only one they've made is limited edition and not generally available and this is a slap in the face, oh woe is me, games workshop hates me and they don't know how to run a company or make rules or do anything at all, ever. worst company in the world. booohooo hooo."

Pretty much this. Jokes aside, it would suck if they finally made a new Fyreslayer sculpt, even if it was just an alt sculpt of an existing model, and then released it in such a way a majority of players wouldn't be able to get it (or would struggle to).

I'd also add that I don't think they really put a large amount of effort into these models (not saying they're bad) and the extreme amount of SC models means they have a huge library of CAD files to play around with and can probably make it for less effort than for factions with less files. My guess at least.

Not a rumor but I'm watching my GH19 right now and all the factions had some sort of point change... Beside the 2019 updated ones, bonesplitterz, gutbusters ans sylvaneth.

I mean... What if the china-delay wasn't only for sylvaneth? Looks very suspicious to me. ALL the other factions had some change, even devoted of sigmar and lion rangers(??).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Not a rumor but I'm watching my GH19 right now and all the factions had some sort of point change... Beside the 2019 updated ones, bonesplitterz, gutbusters ans sylvaneth.

I mean... What if the china-delay wasn't only for sylvaneth? Looks very suspicious to me. ALL the other factions had some change, even devoted of sigmar and lion rangers(??).

I think that it is certainly plausible

It is very strange that Bonesplitterz and Gutbusters received zero changes, but if they were supposed to get new battletomes before the GHB then we would have seen new units, spells, terrain, battalions, etc. in the GHB. The only explanation is that they were supposed to release very shortly after the GHB.

Edited by PJetski
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I think that it is certainly plausible

It is very strange that Bonesplitterz and Gutbusters received zero changes, but if they were supposed to get new battletomes before the GHB then we would have seen new units, spells, terrain, battalions, etc. in the GHB. The only explanation is that they were supposed to release very shortly after the GHB.

Well, I am a bit torn between this assumption, that there is something we didn´t see yet due to the pipeline thing beeing stuck and the option that they simply did not changed anything for these Armies. I don´t know Bonesplitters, but I had the opportunity to play Gutbusters for some time and the current points for them are allright in my opinion. Yes, they lack a bit of a punch but thats rather due to the missing Alligiance and 2.0 polish than to point values beeing too high.

Nevertheless, I really look forward into the Sylvaneth Release as I hope that we might get a lot of cool stuff that was delayed afterwards.

By the way, I am also curious how this will affect gw´s value as a company and if they decide on some changes, like keeping parts of production in europe.

But....wait....When we expect that there is a stucked pipeline, how can it be that GHB19 releases without delay?

17 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Well, I am a bit torn between this assumption, that there is something we didn´t see yet due to the pipeline thing beeing stuck and the option that they simply did not changed anything for these Armies. I don´t know Bonesplitters, but I had the opportunity to play Gutbusters for some time and the current points for them are allright in my opinion. Yes, they lack a bit of a punch but thats rather due to the missing Alligiance and 2.0 polish than to point values beeing too high.

Nevertheless, I really look forward into the Sylvaneth Release as I hope that we might get a lot of cool stuff that was delayed afterwards.

By the way, I am also curious how this will affect gw´s value as a company and if they decide on some changes, like keeping parts of production in europe.

But....wait....When we expect that there is a stucked pipeline, how can it be that GHB19 releases without delay?

They called a plumber to unclog those pipes and so far only managed to pull out the GHB19.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Charleston said:

As has already been mentioned a couple of times in recent pages, GHB is paperback and made in the UK.  Battletomes, endless spells, and terrain, are all made in China. 

• Thanks 1

3 unsolved rumour engines showing scales, some lizard like leg/tail area and also one with a crude stone spear, all these would fit rather well to wyvern riding bonesplitterz... Very rarely we see artwork of factions fighting that includes stuff with no model like this.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

34 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

3 unsolved rumour engines showing scales, some lizard like leg/tail area and also one with a crude stone spear, all these would fit rather well to wyvern riding bonesplitterz... Very rarely we see artwork of factions fighting that includes stuff with no model like this.

If they did release that I would be very tempted to branch out into getting some Bonesplitterz