What is THE monster in your opinion?

I think the Troggboss qualifies despite not technically being one, but since he can throw down with them I think it counts.

Easily my favorite model; big but not too big, has a great silhouette and presence, well designed and thematic rules, unique aesthetic and can bench-press a gargant. There's many other reasons, but he's so well rounded in all parameters that he's my choice by a mile.

Runner up is the new Mega-gargants, for many of the same reasons (that we know of).

Edited by Dankboss
  • Like 1

My favourite is the Lord of Change, followed very closely by the Keeper of Secrets. I love daemons and birds, so the big bird is pretty much the perfect model for me. The Keeper is just badass. After that, both varieties of Phoenix are ace, and I just love both the Hydra and the Kharibdyss. 

The beasts that was introduced a long long time ago by the clans moulder.

there is no more terrifying sight then to see a modified, stitched together dragon or terrorgheist with rat parts, warp-stone and poisoness fumes.

the Mawcrusher might be feared by gravitation, but the Hell pit is just so terrifying that even death often then not chooses to let it live instead.

if that isn’t the Monster then I don’t know what is

I'ma go with the Stegadon as my favorite because I like beasts with stumpy legs. It's cute! Like a giant spikey weiner dog!

Alarielle's wardoth beetle is very slick! I just wish it had a kabuto rule where it wrestles other monsters and you can make bets on who will win!

kwang-5.jpg.53c05f7faf77ad549edf7b3694c8342c.jpg

I saw this and I went "darn, I'm late, surely somebody went for him already..." but no - a few got close but a "regular" Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon is nothing compared to...

Prince Vhordrai 

23 hours ago, Hannibal said:

the coolest, the most fearsome, the most offensive, the best looking

Coolest? Yeah, he pops out of nowhere with a flippin' CASTLE followed by a retinue of vampire elites, eternally bound to serve the God of Death because of an ancient betrayal. Checked that box.

Most fearsome? I mean, he is literally venerated as a demi-god of war. He has shattered entire dominions, with the help of God Nagash and a few marines Blood Knights.

Most offensive? At full health, Shordemaire (the Zombie Dragon he rides) deals 6 mortal wounds FLAT on a 3+ in the shooting phase (8" range). And that's before his Maw and his Claws - oh, and the Prince's Lance as well.  On his own, this gentleman is absolutely terrifying; when buffed (in-built own spell [+1 to both hit and wound... bonkers] + 2 command abilities from a Vampire Lord and a Coven Throne) he deletes (almost) everything he touches. Not to mention his command ability...

The best looking: well. He's an ancient vampire riding an undead dragon... it doesn't get any better that that, right? 

• Like 1