The Rumour Thread

It's certainly annoying that literally every chaos faction except Nurgle got endless spells, even Khorne, why the singular exemption. Sure seems like they gave up on them at some undefined point. Seraphon were skipped over but DoK got the last of them somehow early this year.
Lumineth got them with battletome 1.0 I think, destruction almost entirely skipped over sans Gitz.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

It's certainly annoying that literally every chaos faction except Nurgle got endless spells, even Khorne, why the singular exemption. Sure seems like they gave up on them at some undefined point. Seraphon were skipped over but DoK got the last of them somehow early this year.
Lumineth got them with battletome 1.0 I think, destruction almost entirely skipped over sans Gitz.

Well, I would trade the Khorne Judgements for a new Battletome without hesitating. 

In general only few of the Endless Spells see real play

Not 100% on if the development timelines match up but certainly endless spells are something that GW are moving away from. Made sense to produce stuff in China to keep up a fast rate of releases while the Nottingham facility was being developed but now international shipping is what it is… I wouldn’t wait for any further endless spells for the factions who missed out.

I still see no real value in endless spells other than for pure hobby purposes and conversions. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️

Maybe if they were better integrated into the game's rules, but also in a way that didn't feel like they were a mandatory purchase like faction terrain, I would like them more. Like an optional spell that when casted had strong effects on the battlefield but prevented the mage from casting an additional spell per turn as they are so focused on controlling the one spell. Then if the mage is killed the spell would then get rules for being a wild spell. All I know is that any and all endless spells that interest me are more for their model than their role as an endless spell.

• Like 6

I like Slaanesh’s endless spells, even though they’re expensive (though everything in HoS is overpriced). They all have their uses, but I like the mirror because it can snipe heroes and do some early board control, or the wheels because they generate early depravity and do decent damage. 

• Like 1

The inconsistency with endless spell started when CoS and Warclans came out, after that every other army release didn’t get them. Ogors, KO, Seraphon, Behemat and Soulblight didn’t have spell while OBR, S2D, Tzeentch, LRL, and DoK had them

granted I am not really fuss about endless spell either but I have a feeling they just did do well as a product or a concept.

I think it's pretty obvious they realized at some point that they didn't have enough ideas to make 3 endless spells per faction that were worth anything. Why that led to still making 3 for every other faction I don't know. Why not just make 1 for each faction instead and make it actually good and useful? All those "does d3 mortal wounds" endless spells just scream "couldn't think of anything else to do." It seems like a classic example of where model-led design goes wrong - sculptors come up with all these things that the rules designers have no ability to actually do anything with.

Well I mean I guess I do know the answer, they need 3 per faction to put them in a box and charge you a pretty penny for them. But that's not a great reason.

Edited by yukishiro1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, yukishiro1 said:

I mean I guess I do know the answer, they need 3 per faction to put them in a box and charge you a pretty penny for them. But that's not a great reason.

They could have made Endless Spells GA specific instead. This could even retroactively be implemented now, just theme each future trio for 3 different factions inside a GA. Or classic old school take, bundle Ga-specific spells together, even if this would be objectively terrible and end with 2/3 endless spells on ebay.

3 hours ago, Indecisive said:

And Tzeentch is the only member of the big four with no terrain piece, so I feel ya there. 

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I just cant believe during the height of Endless Spells that the Fist/Foot of Gork/Mork never got models. They are probably the most iconic spells in any Warhammer medium!! 

I prefer Faction scenery myself and do hope they continue.

Perplexing OWC got neither spells nor terrain.
Lumineth were the last to get terrain I think. Seems like they might have scuppered them due to problems relating to China as mentioned before. We might see them return if they make them in-house.

• Like 1

Prices:

Space Marine Shieldbreaker Strike Force £130, €160
Necron Worldscour Legion £130, €160
Ork Killadakka War band £125, €160
Sisters Purgatos Mission £130, €160
AdMech Omnissiahs Talon £125, €160

Soulblight Revenant Legion £130, €160
Hedonites Sybarite Blade-Carnival £130, €160
LRL Vanari Shining Host £130, €160

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Soulblight Gravelords – Revenant Legion £184.50 $290.00 €230.00 $488.00
Hedonites of Slaanesh – Sybarite Blade-Carnival £196.50 $315.00 €247.50 $523.00
Lumineth Realm-Lords – Vanari Shining Host £199.50 $320.00 €247.50 $530.00
Ossiarch Bonereapers – Mortisan Tithe-Echelon £180.00 $300.00 €235.00 $504.0

If we refer to this table from Faux hammer which shows the total value of the items inside each boxes

Then the savings in GBP are : 

SBG : 54.50£

HoS : £66.50

LRL £69.50

OBR (if the box is £130) £50

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Iksdee said:

Gordrakk? If he doesnt change that only makes him 10 points more expensive than the Maw-Krusha.

Even if he stays the exact same hes not good enough to justify tbh. Its unfortunate when they create named characters with lackluster unique abilities that in no way make up for the lack of a command trait or artefact. He cant even opt for a 3+ base save.