The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Travis Baumann said:

I disagree entirely with your aesthetic critiques of Idoneth and Nighthaunt.  I started both armies at their release and have loved painting them.

There are no crabs in Idoneth (although I would like there to be) and while the Lady Olynder has a "sheet" over her frightful face, most of the Nighthaunts are leering skulls.

I don't think your going to get a good response of ideas for a new army by bashing the last few.   There is a good chance that you will not find what you are looking for.  Next up for all new will most likely be either Light or Shadow Aelves.    I anticipate more of a "reworking" for the Destruction and Death armies that are still due this year rather than an entire force launch.

I highly doubt we will see an All New army this year (the warbands for Warcry will fill that slot) but I do hope to see reworkings of all the major players with perhaps a new miniature and the obligatory Endless Spells and Terrain.

It's personal taste I guess. I did say the sculpts are amazing, even if they aren't my idea of fun. I think I'll try Gloomspite based on the responses and the amount of creativity the army seems to allow. Plus the random nature of the army might hide the fact that I'm an awful player...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NorthernNurgling said:

Trying to claw it back to rumours, what do we think the next new model range will be? It's nice of GW to tinker with existing ranges and release terrain/endless spells etc. but I'm itching for a new army release. The sculpts GW produce keep getting better and better, and for a hobbyist who really values the painting side of the hobby, I would love to hand over a bucket of cash for some gorgeous models. 

I had all my hopes pinned on Deepkin when I first heard hints of them, but when I saw the models I just heard Sebastian the crab singing in my ear. Then I saw Nighthaunt and decided against an army full of animated bedsheets... Yes I'm picky, but I'd love an army that was new sculpts, a range of unit types, and a variety of textures/details for a painting challenge. I think I got unlucky that the Deepkin aesthetic was such a turn-off but now I'm scared that the army of my dreams won't materialise...

So what do you guys think? Should I A) hold my nerve with a new army just around the corner or B) settle on an existing new range i.e. Gloomspite Gitz?

Felt the same way as you regarding those two factions.  I bought soul wars and then lost interest.  I think gloomspite gitz is great.

39 minutes ago, willange said:

So with Warhammer day being this weekend, are there expected to be reveals?  If so, about what time?  I live in the US, so am I waking up and reading reveals or do I have to wait a bit more?

It's just a celebratory day with some special stuff you can buy in store. Apocalypse and some other bits and bobs go up for preorder as well.

I'm 99% certain that there won't be anything shown off tomorrow, the next likely big reveals will be July 20th at the AoS open day at Warhammer World.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, divineauthority said:

It's just a celebratory day with some special stuff you can buy in store. Apocalypse and some other bits and bobs go up for preorder as well.

I'm 99% certain that there won't be anything shown off tomorrow, the next likely big reveals will be July 20th at the AoS open day at Warhammer World.

I'm not so sure. I wouldn't expect anything huge AoS wise with the AoS open day coming in a month but I'm thinking we'll get a full reveal of Warcry (its supposed to be out by the 20th right?)

Edit: apparently there's nothing to be revealed.

Edited by Forrix

29 minutes ago, Swooper said:

Wait, are there no reveals today? I thought surely there would be something on Warhammer Day.

I thought they probably would have mentioned it if there had been. It’s different to their usual reveal things because there’s no central seminar to do the initial reveal. 

Warhammer Fest is only a few weeks away and their big event launch for that is Warcry; whilst right now its Apoc and they are still reeling from the launch of Contrast paints. It's just such a chock full time that chances are GW doesn't have much to come until after Warcry because of how chocked this period is with production - Apoc sets alone are going to be a huge production drain. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Overread said:

Warhammer Fest is only a few weeks away and their big event launch for that is Warcry; whilst right now its Apoc and they are still reeling from the launch of Contrast paints. It's just such a chock full time that chances are GW doesn't have much to come until after Warcry because of how chocked this period is with production - Apoc sets alone are going to be a huge production drain. 

Wound be a neat time for another interactive 40k/AoS event =}

32 minutes ago, Overread said:

I could imagine we get a preorder on the Chaos Knights for 40k for next week. They would be a perfect release now after apocalypse. Also we have the book and models revealed so far.

I wouldn´t expect much AoS Stuff untill the 20th because of the same reasons you´ve mentioned. The only exception I could imagine, would be the Sylvaneth Tome and Spells. I expect to finaly have a full Warcry reveal with the Box´s content and wouldn´t be suprised to see some more news on core AoS, maybe the next tome?

I could also imagine that the next Block of Shadespire won´t be announced until then

The big question is on how dominating Warcry is for WarhammerFest - if it dominates totally then we'll only hear about it. If it doesn't then hopefully we'll hear about some of the next wave of Battletomes or at least an update on the Sylvanath situation. I'd hate to think that we end up with too much of a stall on new Tomes, being as that is the singular most important part of this year in AoS terms - getting the game up to 2.0 and all running. 

I'm sure we'll get at least a little more information other than Warcry for the next event, if only because after Warcry they will have finally released everything (except Sylvaneth, maybe/hopefully) that they have teased already this year.

New Shadespire teaser and at least one new battletome or battlebox tease seem likely, given the black hole that is what we know is coming after Warcry.

1 hour ago, madmac said:

I'm sure we'll get at least a little more information other than Warcry for the next event, if only because after Warcry they will have finally released everything (except Sylvaneth, maybe/hopefully) that they have teased already this year.

What about the lion? They are always teasing something unreleased ;) 

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

What about the lion? They are always teasing something unreleased ;) 

Probably a sea lion, pun and all. My guess is an Idoneth Deepkin warband :D. Then again.. Other than the base it hardly has any fish-like appearance :(.

Edited by Kugane
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

It is confirmed to be from Underworlds.

People assume it is elf because of the helmet with gems. Looks very high elvish/Wanderer

Watch the lion be part of a beast-tamer warband with one human leading a bunch of different beasties.