The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

I for one welcome Battletome: Fishmen.

This is 100% the objectively correct answer. I scorn the fools who fail to realise that this is the Fishmen's day, at long last.

Ahem.

The deep elves idea doesn't seem impossible but with the WHC rumour engine pics that fit the visual style of late WHFB/AoS Death models and the speculation about Nighthaunt getting some sort of release based on their lessened showing in Legions of Nagash... undead pirates perhaps? Take the seed that the Firestorm Wraith Fleet stuff planted and build on it, spectrally?

Edited by sandlemad

2 minutes ago, Swooper said:

The title of the video seems to imply something more than just scenery.

Indeed. From out of blackness they come... suggests a new faction. We have the year old rumour of deepone Aelves from Hastings. We have the November rumour of two Aelf factions. We have gw saying at LVO that more Aelves are coming and we have the same person who accurately predicted Morathi in two forms saying we would get Aelves on seahorses. This all points quite strongly towards this being  the next Aelf faction. We also have this rumour engine pic which seems to fit.EA3E0C39-522D-4556-B818-DC04C17C0FB0.jpeg.0f530edc948008c08c3015a82f5739a9.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Swooper said:

The figurehead is holding a very stormcast-y hammer, for whatever that's worth.

The ship's also covered in what appears to be twin tailed comets.

I guess that confirms that Battletome: Fishymcfishface will be another order faction! :P

I don't think the ship actually has anything to do with it, it looks too just be a mashup of the old Dreadfleet ship cad files.(Or maybe a 2/3UP of those files. Perhaps 3D printed?) Ie; Not big enough to be an actual model in it's own right, but something specifically created for this video. The important hints here are the; "Out of the darkness" (Darkness=Shadow) , the under water theme, and the GW troll of the "Fishmen" battletome coming out next.

It's going to Deep Sea Aelves.

• Thanks 1

In order of likelihood:

-The rumoured sea elves, probably rolling in the corsair models for good measure (and maybe the Order Serpentis stuff as well?) neither of those sub-factions got traits in GHB17 and have a modest number of kits between them.

-Spooky ghost pirates, I do think we will probably see a wholly new death faction at some point, even with the Nagash battletome, but I would imagine any new death faction to tie into Nagash's grand plan in some way, and I don't know if undead sailors fit that necessarily?

-Dreadfleet 2.0.   Probably not....  I guess some sort of Man O' War rebranding could fit this bill too?  But I don't know how much interest there would be in that.

But that's all meaningless conjecture cos it's definitely a fishperson battletome.

20 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

..  I guess some sort of Man O' War rebranding could fit this bill too?  But I don't know how much interest there would be in that.

If Man O' War came back proper, I would have to sell some of my body parts to get enough cash to throw at GW.

Epic and MoW are my two favorites from GW (though Shadespire is giving them a run for their money).

• Like 1

I have no idea what GW wants to tell us with this one. But it so suited to raise all sorts of false hopes, that I think it passes the line to genuine trolling.

My guess is: Another thing that at first looks like it might be something new for Death, but then is not.

But whatever it is supposed to foretell or tease, this one gets a thumbs down from me. GW should at least give people a slight idea what they are teasing. All this tells us that there is something new for AoS to follow somewhat close to DoK (since this gets teased before anything for wh40k that is more than books or a single kit).

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

If its Scourge Privateers, I hope the Corsairs get re-done.

Unlike Witch Elves, they are too dated for a battleline unit in a new 2018 faction IMHO.

Keep the Sea Dragon Cloaks though, as they are great.

Edit: The Kharibdyss still looks sweet, but the Beastmasters let it down (both in terms of being dated and of the wrong archetype).

Edited by Kyriakin

27 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

If its Scourge Privateers, I hope the Corsairs get re-done.

Unlike Witch Elves, they are too dated for a battleline unit in a new 2018 faction IMHO.

Keep the Sea Dragon Cloaks though, as they are great.

Edit: The Kharibdyss still looks sweet, but the Beastmasters let it down (both in terms of being dated and of the wrong archetype).

GW just reboxed zombies on rounds and are one of the core battleline troops for Legions of Nagash. With that baseline, no model is too dated for a battleline unit. If there is going to be a sea elves faction, I think Scourge Privateers have a very good chance of being it with a DoK treatment of new models. Heck, they've already got 4 unique kits to DoK's 3, and perhaps  even more since Tenebrael Shard could fit in depending on what the new kits looks like.

• Like 1

image.png.6cb391e2014a6e903853615905f6f31a.png

Know anything is possible in the Mortal Realms but those are fish swimming through the ship's beams?

Confused by this one as would not expect so much Sigmar iconography if part of an Aelf release, feel they will have their own even if part of order.  I'm swaying more for scenery, but think it will be part of a release.

• Like 1

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2746#disqus_thread

The guy (temouloun) that told us about Custodes and TS in november and about DoK has spoken:

This is an actual piece of scenery GW is going to sell, and that will have its own rules like the Sylvaneth Wyldwood. It's part of the entire Sea Aelves new range, which are absolutely stunning visually, will have tons of sea creatures to ride, one of which is MASSIVE, and unique high cost heroes with crazy design. Also forget about the Cthullu look, their design is closer to bad-ass Atlantean Spartans.

• Like 8

Well this is posted by Temouloun at the War of Sigmar blog:

"This is an actual piece of scenery GW is going to sell, and that will have its own rules like the Sylvaneth Wyldwood. It's part of the entire Sea Aelves new range, which are absolutely stunning visually, will have tons of sea creatures to ride, one of which is MASSIVE, and unique high cost heroes with crazy design. Also forget about the Cthullu look, their design is closer to bad-ass Atlantean Spartans."

If this is true - I am broke!

Edit: Lol, ninjad by @KillagoreFaceslasha :D

Edited by Tonhel