The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

New Underworlds article with some fantastic art to remind you why Warhammer is so fun!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/12/dont-be-afraid-to-take-risks-with-xandires-truthseekers-in-harrowdeep/

6cItMZRpmdO4Non9.jpg

this art in particular fails at conveying what it is supposed to mean. The dude is in a completely unnatural pose and looks like he is bracing for impact but even with the static pose his hammer is blazing with momentum???? Also the goblin is jumping at him but perspective is off like he was aiming for the cape. (I guess incredibles 1 were right heh?)

The stormcast has probably assless chaps baiting the goblin to stab his ass by twerking or something according to the artwork lmao

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Kronos said:

I would need to see it to believe, cos, well -

9CB1D87F-2474-4814-88F7-E0CE61E7C7D7.jpeg

A Kangaroo/Hadrosaurid mount with a rider with a funny hat seems pretty tame next to Dragon Demon Elf King of Shadows... and that isn't even scratching the surface of Malerion's personal relationship dynamics.  

1 minute ago, Feii said:

this art in particular fails at conveying what it is supposed to mean. The dude is in a completely unnatural pose and looks like he is bracing for impact but even with the static pose his hammer is blazing with momentum???? Also the goblin is jumping at him but perspective is off like he was aiming for the cape. (I guess incredibles 1 were right heh?)

The stormcast has probably assless chaps baiting the goblin to stab his ass by twerking or something according to the artwork lmao

I dunno Goblin baseball just seems like a fun game maybe AOS' equivalent to Blood Bowl. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

A Kangaroo/Hadrosaurid mount with a rider with a funny hat seems pretty tame next to Dragon Demon Elf King of Shadows... and that isn't even scratching the surface of Malerion's personal relationship dynamics.  

I dunno Goblin baseball just seems like a fun game maybe AOS' equivalent to Blood Bowl. 

I don't know. After all the comic books I've read and anime movies I've seen.. the prospect of a dark, shadowy dragon elf king (who sl*tshames his mother) doesn't sound particularly creative or weird to me. I'm very certain the models, should they ever see the light of day, will be gorgeous, but the coolness/creativity factor seems to be catered to the tastes of edgy thirteen year-olds. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, all the Chorf rumours coming out the same time Hobgrot lore talked about about them just feels like people were making educated guesses and trying to fulfil wishes based on there suddenly being Chaos Dwarf references that're more than a throwaway location on a map.

Similar to how all the "Dawnbringer Crusaders will be CoS 2.0!!!" faux-rumours started only after GW started putting out lore for them. If we'd seen any rumours/leaks emerge before the Dominion/3.0 lore reveals I'd put a lot more stock in them.

The closest thing to reliable we have is what Grimdark Live said, but their reliability - or at least, their 'leaker' - has been called into question by the Hobgrot cavalry claim, so right now I'm erring on the side of their claim that Chorfs are coming being in the educated guess category, same as the Dawnbringer/Malerion rumours. Also Grimdark Live's leaks came out, what, a week before Dominion was revealed anyway? Which does suggest it was more a grunt-on-the-ground who spied the contents than somebody well embedded like the big 40k leaker. 

I still think Chaos Dwarfs will happen eventually - it's an obvious avenue to take in regards to fleshing out Chaos and appealing to nostalgia/memes that GW loves to do these days - but just like 'rumours' have been saying saying Malerion is just around the corner for the last four years I don't think we need to wipe the dust off the Chorf Plastics Savings Account just yet. 

Those batch of rumors with Oathbreakers in it really messed things up because now they're being tossed in with actual rumors and muddying the waters. As far Chorfs go, besides Grimdark Live there's one more rumor that's not even a rumor but an outright slip-up that was deleted by the source (a reliable one too). It's been floating around a few private groups, but its hard to say what it is without directly implicating anyone. Suffice to say it made me personally believe Chorfs are on the horizon and their own tome even. There's also the new rumor of Chorfs next year from Warhammer Weekly a couple weeks ago, though I'm not sure if that's a real rumor or parroting the Oathbreaker ones. However, they did say next year which would line up with the rumor I'm talking about.

Edit: This is the one from Warhammer Weekly at 12:30. It's basically them saying a Malerion campaign next summer with Dwarfs and Chaos Dwarfs involved. Notably he doesn't call them Oathbreakers or Umbraneth like the false rumors and next summer wouldn't line up either so this could be considered separate from that rumor. Again those fake rumors have things we're expecting anyway, which makes it easy to also immediately dismiss anything that reference the things in them. However, this rumor is different enough it could be considered its own I'd say.

Spoiler

Edited by FFJump
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

I don't know. After all the comic books I've read and anime movies I've seen.. the prospect of a dark, shadowy dragon elf king (who sl*tshames his mother) doesn't sound particularly creative or weird to me. I'm very certain the models, should they ever see the light of day, will be gorgeous, but the coolness/creativity factor seems to be catered to the tastes of edgy thirteen year-olds. 

true nearly as classic a story as Elf and Kangaroo

animal-companions.jpg
^Spoilers for the next few Lumineth temples

• Haha 11

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

Hell its not even unique to Age of Sigmar. Between Belakor, Archaon, and Morathi; he would be the forth demon, shadow, dragon lord.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Maogrim said:

It is a flavour if Dark Elf, I think all implementations of those are edgy. In GW's case, edgy and pointy.

In quite a few ways, they are more the opposite of the poster boys than Chaos. Lithe, lots of female sculpts, interesting hair, lots of skin, pointy and its fans wait ages for models vs clunky, round, fully armoured and models every edition (way moreso in 40k than AoS).

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Chikout said:

It looks like we'll be getting a roadmap or a hint about the next Underworlds warbands this week. Screenshot_20211013-215818.png.280fb39d0c96654854c78fd7b857e0a3.png

Aww yes this is what I was hoping for this week!! Hopefully they give us the same Road Map as last year with the Warbands insignia if not a flat out unveiling of the Factions. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

This armor made of paper or else ? 

Screenshot_20211013_143827_com.android.chrome.jpg

Sigmar: Grungni!!! Why are my Stormcast dying to goblin knives!

Grungni: Why are they fighting goblins?! This armour is made out of gold which is extremely soft and malleable. 

Sigmar: But I thought it was magical Sigmarite gold.

Grungni: I mean it is, but only because you say it is... you just brought me a bunch of gold and called it Sigmarite.

Sigmar: What!?

Grungi: I thought that was just what we called gold now, like how you just started calling me a Duardin. I just thought you wanted to show off how Stormcast could magically come back to life by putting them in paper thin golden armour.

Sigmar: This is bad!

Grungi: Well at least my Dwar... I mean Duardin are all fully armoured!

DvanaYsXcAEvdjW?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 6
  • Haha 32

17 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

It is a flavour if Dark Elf, I think all implementations of those are edgy. In GW's case, edgy and pointy.

In quite a few ways, they are more the opposite of the poster boys than Chaos. Lithe, lots of female sculpts, interesting hair, lots of skin, pointy and its fans wait ages for models vs clunky, round, fully armoured and models every edition (way moreso in 40k than AoS).

Except much of what made up traditional Dark Elves are now DOK. So I think they're going to be something quite different. More demonic.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Nos said:

Except much of what made up traditional Dark Elves are now DOK. So I think they're going to be something quite different. More demonic emo.

Fixed!

I have completely reliable 100% accurate inside info that Malerion's sculpt is being modeled off David Squires' Emo Mourinho character.

500.jpg?quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s

Edited by yukishiro1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

If we do get some kind of ghost ship, I'm hoping for a funeral barge loaded with the a mixture of grieving and joyful spirits ripping the souls of the unfaithful (anyone who doesn't serve Nagash) from their bodies.

Im hoping its not a ship, we have a ghost ship already with the deep kin. 

I'm hoping it's a funeral procession as a big centre piece model that sucks the souls out of the living as it matches by. 

6 hours ago, Nos said:

Except much of what made up traditional Dark Elves are now DOK. So I think they're going to be something quite different. More demonic.

I'm counting DoK, Serpentis, Coven and Malarion all as Dark Elves, because they were. The comparison is a lot weaker in AoS than in 40k, of course, because almost all designs of AoS are better than 40k (Admech, Sisters, Fyreslayers and Ossiarch excluded and that's quite a personal list).

• Like 1