The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The Ossiarch Underworlds warband hasn't been out for two days and already the next one's up for pre-order in a week?

I guess that all but confirms Season 5 will be in September if they're rushing them out the door.

Yeah they really rushed this season, prob it will be tied with new starting forces in Dominion and get back on usual schedule for WU

16 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Yeah they really rushed this season, prob it will be tied with new starting forces in Dominion and get back on usual schedule for WU

I wouldn't say they rushed, it's taken 6 months to get them all out and they skipped a month so had 2 warbands released in May. 

We'll probably be shown a new road map soon, showing what's coming. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

I believe they will, just not this time

This time we got a complete revamp of all chambers released before.

I've got plenty of Stormcast already. But I would be mostly ok with this as the new armour looks so much better.

Well, a 1 hour 30 min long show ? Didn't expect that ! 

As @Overread said, the Kruleboyz Orruks are a fantastic design mix of Oldhammer Orcs, 80's LOTR artworks and modern AOS plastic technology. Glad they take the Greenskinz slot in the wider Orruk Warclans, they fit that niche very well with their new spin.

I really like the Hobgobs look. Interesting racial feature (Orange Greenskinz ??) and great armor design. Another nod at Chaos Duardin makes me think they clearly will be the new Chaos army for 3rd Edition. Remember Chaos Duardin were present in many places in AOS 2 (Core Book with artwork of their naval fortress in Shyish and lore, Warcry with two models, STD and SOB Battletomes with lore, and BL background even before their squatting by FW).

The Thunderstrike Stormcast are everything I wanted. Everything. As our Hype prophet hinted, I hope we'll get more redesigns (mostly new DRAKES!!!) this summer.

And as @Chikout pointed out, I'm also very glad we'll apparently see new Azyrite Scenery that are  NOT Age of Myths ruins (if those aren't 3d Printed like the OBR bone fortress.....).

NB : the first SCE Vindictor shown isn't in Dominion, I guess he'll come with a White Dwarf or an ETB kit (sculpted base and all that).....

stormcast-vindictor.jpg.5e86b7b16233f9cdc96d314c02c915cb.jpg

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • LOVE IT! 1

If we're still talking about Kragnos, looking at his sprue, a lot of his little chain and armor plates are almost completely separate from his body. It would be really, really easy to replace them with the Kruleboyz shield and armor bits (or parts from any other Destruction faction) to give him some really easy visual tie-ins with whatever faction you're running him with. I was already planning on doing that with all the spare Gutplates I have lying around and it looks like it just got a whole lot easier.

I don't mind the idea of a big random monster leading Destruction armies-- they care about strength more than anything --it's just the lack of design consistency that throws me off. Honestly, I'm surprised GW didn't do something like it for his kit: just having a couple options for ogres, orcs, goblins, etc. that you can build him with and say that whatever armies he travels with adorn him with their own iconography as a way to represent how they all worship him in slightly different ways.

Now the only thing I have to get over is that price-tag....

• Like 2

On 5/29/2021 at 1:27 PM, KingBrodd said:

Mate your English is better than some native speakers I know!! And this board!? Mate you've done a ****** incredible job here I love it, well done this community is privileged to have you!!

On 5/29/2021 at 1:38 PM, RexHavoc said:

I get annoyed at the rumour engine type reveals, its not really my sort of thing, but this I totally love. 

I know I am  a little bit late to the Party but I just wanted to say thanks to all becaus to be honest I havent really played a single warhammer game in my life i just collected and rubbishly painted some miniatures of the old fantasy edition when I was a KId, but I quite never lost the Interest in the Hobby (the Grim Warhammer Setting was always my Favourite.)  and I always found the Community nice because of the Creativity and the Social Aspect of the Hobby so I am happy to get such a warm Welcome and now I have even found the Perfect Faction for me to Start. Which brings me to the Point that now you can me refer to me as one of the Kruelboyz. I love these guys. Okay I have properly hyped myself up until this Preview but these new Kruelboyz have blown me out of the Window I mean: an overhaul Creepy and Grim aesthethic with a mystical clerical caster ( as Clerical an Orruk can get, I am referring to the Swampcalla Shaman and his Religious Iconographie ) and then you have also some Medieval looking fantasy aesthetic nods in form of the Helmets of the Boltboyz which also bring Crossbows to the Table of things I love. And then you have the Gnashtoof and the Mirebrute Troggoth which bring in my opinion some of the best looking beasts in the Mix ( Beasts are every Time a good Idea ) and then all the flayed Skin, the detailled grotesque Faces and the beheading which is really Grim but they also have their Mini Me Grots by their side which feels like a "bring your Kid to Work day" kind of thing which I also Absolutely Love. So to come to a Conclusion before I Ramble even more I have found my Boyz and now I just have to get this Dominion Box and some brushes + Paint to Start properly in the Age of Kruelboyz.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

I wonder if we will get a unit of Grot's with the Kruleboyz? Non-hob ones.

Kinda on the fence about it actually. On balance I think I would prefer just the odd Grot here and there in Kruleboyz and full units stay part of Gloomspite.

I think we will see more hobgob units whilst standard grots will continue to be used as familiar-like characters and base decorations. I wouldn't mind more troggoths to be part of the faction.

14 minutes ago, ZaelART said:

I think we will see more hobgob units whilst standard grots will continue to be used as familiar-like characters and base decorations. I wouldn't mind more troggoths to be part of the faction.

I'd definitely like more Troggoths - they're going to be the link between my Kruelboyz and my Gloomspite.

More monsters in general would be good. A bunch of swamp monsters always improves things.

• Like 6

Well that was interesting - love how they have pushed the designs forward for these factions- the Orruks have loads of oldschool references which I like plus a touch of The Hobbit Orcs as well. My favourite thing was the Troggoth -looks excellent and the Stormcast wizard lady with the mask looks awesome. Neither faction is my thing but it looks like a great set and really pleased to read all the enthusiasm for the new models. 

Very interesting with the hints of the Chaos Dwarfs - though we don't speak of our fallen cousins they would make. a nice counter balance to Grungni's return [hopefully with a new/refeshed dwarf faction].

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Whitefang said:

I believe they will, just not this time

This time we got a complete revamp of all chambers released before.

I'm so glad to hear that. They need it & they're far more interesting than Marines. They deserve better.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Well that was interesting - love how they have pushed the designs forward for these factions- the Orruks have loads of oldschool references which I like plus a touch of The Hobbit Orcs as well. My favourite thing was the Troggoth -looks excellent and the Stormcast wizard lady with the mask looks awesome. Neither faction is my thing but it looks like a great set and really pleased to read all the enthusiasm for the new models. 

Very interesting with the hints of the Chaos Dwarfs - though we don't speak of our fallen cousins they would make. a nice counter balance to Grungni's return [hopefully with a new/refeshed dwarf faction].

Fallen? Fallen?

they never fell.  They saw hashuts embrace and look at what they’ve achieved.  Not for them abandoned dwarf hold plagued by rats and goblins.

if in doubt, torch it out.

• Thanks 1

list of Developers related to the event

SEGA/CA - TW:W3 (duh)

Frontier Foundry- is a new label under Frontier Interactive that work with Smaller studio to create games (I believe) - AOS RTS that been rumored

Fatshark: Darktide  (40K vermintide )

Focus Interactive - most likely more Necromunda hire gun stuff, could be actual promotion for Stormground or a new Warhammer title.

Slitherine - 40k Battlesector

Nacon - they did Warhammer Chaosbane and Inquisitor, maybe they are releasing a new title, AoS Diablo Game maybe?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, novakai said:

Focus Interactive - most likely more Necromunda hire gun stuff, could be actual promotion for Stormground or a new Warhammer title.

I really hope Focus Home Interactive uses this opportunity to fix Necromunda: Underhive Wars. It feels like this game is one big patch away from being playable. But they probably already moved on. 

The Warhammer license is a graveyard of great looking bad games.

Do we really think Battletome Battalions are going away?  Or are we just getting those Core Battalions in addition to our tomes' options?

I am fearful my Bullgors and Khorne models won't get to play together if we lose the tome battalions.  My Ogors don't care as much, though losing the Goremand and Eurlbad would kinda suck.

12 minutes ago, Bayul said:

I really hope Focus Home Interactive uses this opportunity to fix Necromunda: Underhive Wars. It feels like this game is one big patch away from being playable. But they probably already moved on. 

The Warhammer license is a graveyard of great looking bad games.

well Focus Home Interactive is a publisher, i believe Underhive Wars was made by Rogue Factor who have a bad track record of making unpolish buggy games at launch and sort of abandon Mordheim after their Vampire DLC

Edited by novakai

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

well Focus Home Interactive is a publisher, i believe Underhive Wars was made by Rogue Factor who have a bad track record of making polish games at launch and sort of abandon Mordheim after their Vampire DLC

Oh, thank you for pointing that out.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

list of Developers related to the event

SEGA/CA - TW:W3 (duh)

Frontier Foundry- is a new label under Frontier Interactive that work with Smaller studio to create games (I believe) - AOS RTS that been rumored

Fatshark: Darktide  (40K vermintide )

Slitherine - 40k Battlesector

Nacon - they did Warhammer Chaosbane and Inquisitor, maybe they are releasing a new title, AoS Diablo Game maybe?

Oh god Frontier.

The games studio that makes me love and hate thier work at the same time.  Playing anny thing by frontier feels like finding a treasure in a pig pen. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

oh I really hope so... I like Stormground and Underworlds, but an actual real-time strategy like DOW would be amazing.

an AOS dungeon crawler would fit really well too, if they tied it into SOULBOUND to explain why your character(s) can respawn without being Stormcast I would be over the dang moon!!

15 minutes ago, Zappgrot said:

Oh god Frontier.

The games studio that makes me love and hate thier work at the same time.  Playing anny thing by frontier feels like finding a treasure in a pig pen. 

so from what i gather Frontier Foundry is a new label and basically is Frontier development partnering and giving money to smaller studio to make games for their portfolio.

so I believe whatever game they are revealing from them is not actually made by them directly

Grimdark live talked about hob-gob wolf riders coming for kruelboyz.

They also talk about Chaos Dwarves coming! (thought probably won't be called that hehe) and that they'll spill more info on that later. 

Edited by Nagash42
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Nagash42 said:

Grimdark live talked about hob-gob wolf riders coming for kruelboyz.

They also talk about Chaos Dwarves coming! (thought probably won't be called that hehe) and that they'll spill more info on that later. 

If it’s true that Chaos Dwarfs will come along eventually I really hope they more like the AoS model they released and less like the Forgeworld ones.

EDB6C813-EF3D-4395-A147-F2E386C94140.jpeg

• Like 2