The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

In fairness there's the point leak from one source, then there's a screenshot from 4chan where a seperate person is making the claim she is mostly unchanged. The latter is almost certainly a troll given the origin point. 

Oh, so is not the same leaker, ok.

Kroak Scroll is now on twitter
18W
Bra 9
5" move
4+ Save

He has a rule "Dead for Innumerable ages"

At the end of each phase, if any wounds or mortal wounds are allocated to this model, roll 3D6 and add the number of wounds and mortal wounds to this roll. on a 20+ this model is slain. On any other roll, all wounds and mortal wounds allocated to this model are healed 

• Like 1

Well that is a pretty big nerf to little kroak. No lockout sir since has more than 7w. Lost vortex so lost 1armor and 6" extra range, lost 4 feel no pain. And points increased.

So 9,5wonds and it is dead on average, pretty easy to do.

Now his spell is only a 16" bubble if he have the astrolith around. Not easy to do. And im sure it will start to decline really hard on competitive since only 30 lumi archers, for 420p will realiably oneshot him.

Was a neded change, but im a but sad since the rules are really bland and simple, mostly the same he had on his 20 years old crappy sculp.

Wonder why they bothered to give him a Wound characteristic at all.

Basically, you can't pile-up wounds on him from one phase to another. Either you kill him or he suffers no wound.

And yeah, as he is right now, you just need to concentrate on him in one phase. Guess that means he can basically ignore a few spells dealing mortal wounds in the enemy hero phase.

Edited by Sarouan

39 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

Wonder why they bothered to give him a Wound characteristic at all.

Basically, you can't pile-up wounds on him from one phase to another. Either you kill him or he suffers no wound.

And yeah, as he is right now, you just need to concentrate on him in one phase. Guess that means he can basically ignore a few spells dealing mortal wounds in the enemy hero phase.

Well, he could die to a sneeze of two wounds now😉 You need these values to balance his death chance. Otherwise He could die way too quickly.

16 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

And what happens if a rule kills him instantly? That case isn‘t covered by his rules

I don't think that is needed, this rule basically states something only happens at the end of a phase if he is not dead. If he has taken 18 wounds or more, or slain in some other way, like archaons sword, he is not alive by the end of the phase for the rule to kick in anyway.

It is a rather meh rule, if he takes 9 damage he will be at a 50/50 risk of just dying. With his old Warscroll he had a 4+ ignore wounds save, so in the same scenario you would have a frog at 4-5 wounds left at no risk, instead of sweating like a beast rolling your 3d6 at the end of the phase.

Basically he became a bit more complicated with his survivability, in many ways worse, however he now has +2 to cast. Everything else is almost the same basically. GW seems to be rather lazy with the rules for BR Kragnos.

• Like 1

Considering that lots of books have been seen as 'lazy' or 'bin guy' recently (besides Lumineth which are just adding on to an old book), I'm guessing it might be a design change for AoS 3 to try and tone armies down.

• Thanks 1

On another forum:

Alariell
range attack is fixed range no scaling and hit on 2+ instead of 3+ but scaling damage FLat 6 scaling
she lost 1 attack on the great horns but gained +1 to hit +1 to wounds
Scaling is 1 wound less per bracket
she lost the talon of the dwindling ability
she heal 2d6 each hero phase and she heal d3 to other sylvaneth unit wholy within 30
Living battering ram is 2+ d3 mortal 6+ d6 mortal
summon special ability is the same as before
she can run&shoot& charge
the claw as the same ability as the seraphon dagger but on a 6+
still 3 cast the spell now is wound on 3+
same command ability

She's better but if it's true that she goes over 700 points it's bad.

Kragnos over 700 points as well

18 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

On another forum:

Alariell
range attack is fixed range no scaling and hit on 2+ instead of 3+ but scaling damage FLat 6 scaling
she lost 1 attack on the great horns but gained +1 to hit +1 to wounds
Scaling is 1 wound less per bracket
she lost the talon of the dwindling ability
she heal 2d6 each hero phase and she heal d3 to other sylvaneth unit wholy within 30
Living battering ram is 2+ d3 mortal 6+ d6 mortal
summon special ability is the same as before
she can run&shoot& charge
the claw as the same ability as the seraphon dagger but on a 6+
still 3 cast the spell now is wound on 3+
same command ability

She's better but if it's true that she goes over 700 points it's bad.

Kragnos over 700 points as well

where can I see it please?🤩

All the talk of lazy and 'bin guy' is really quite frustrating. I'm really not sure what people want from their rules. 

There are a few things to think about.

First is that gw writes rules for narrative flavour first. That means that Kroak is still Kroak when he gets a new model. Alarielle is still Alarielle. I see the similar warscrolls as  consistent and not lazy. 

Kroak needed a nerf and he got one without fundamentally changing the way he plays. His death mechanic introduces a bit of randomness which I think is a good thing. AoS is a dice game. 

Alarielle got several buffs, a 2d6 heal, a better spell, a better living battering ram and a chance for an instant kill. Whether that's worth the points is another matter. 

Kragnos is a fun beatstick who can do a lot of damage but isn't unkillable. Again points may be an issue. 

Putting all the gloomspite rules in one place is a good decision but I can understand the frustration of people wanting more, especially players of the other destrucion armies. 

It is my opinion that the likes of Lumineth, Tzeentch, Seraphon and DoK are the problematic books. 

I believe that if every book came in at the level of the Soulblight or Mawtribes, the game would be in a better place. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1