The Rumour Thread

I have been hoping for some kind of drama between slaanesh and the great horned rat, who took slaaneshes place among the 4 while (s)he was locked up.

GW have been very quiet about this and GHR as a major player in general. I wonder if GW have just forgotten/scrapped the idea or if there is something to come of it in Broken realms/3rd ed.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

hoe about bella slaps arky about and makes him go away, thereby leaving him to sit on the empty throne.. (or arky makes him think that's what he's achieved because he neess to leave anyway for a busman's holiday...)

Which leaves arky to:

Not be lord of eightpoints, so he can go on vacation  and...

Go off and do behind the scenes big bad guy stuff like have a nice chat with slaanesh, who gets free... and who then allows arky to have a new model with an even bigger doorguard sporting the fourth head of slaanesh to complement the other three and a new price point of 125 bones.

Arky comes back 125 bones mightier, as does nagash who has been scheming to build himself a new model with an even bigger hat as his paled into insignificance in the face of Ticklelfs big hat, and they have a bella style menacingly  heroic pose, not some leaping kitty floaty wafty happy meadows pose, with which to come back and make the vampires and bella realise that they just went on an extended break and left them to do all the acconting / tax returns / take out the rubbish and mow the lawn type boring stuff.

(dis) Order is then restored in the story-arc-to-model-o-sphere, and cements the truth that the cost of all this cosmic balance ran in multiples of 125 bones.

This. This is the backstage insight I come here for.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Verminlord said:

I have been hoping for some kind of drama between slaanesh and the great horned rat, who took slaaneshes place among the 4 while (s)he was locked up.

GW have been very quiet about this and GHR as a major player in general. I wonder if GW have just forgotten/scrapped the idea or if there is something to come of it in Broken realms/3rd ed.

I hope so. I think even khorne would give old ‘nesh a hand if it meant kicking the rodenty not (in their eyes) chaos god off the dinner table.

Edited by Kaleb Daark

Really want to know what army Belakor will fit into. He is of course currently part of StD, but they show him with demons of all kinds. If he is not part of StD anymore, no reason to get hyped for me ;) Feels strange they are not even dropping a hint about where he fits in basically. 

Normally you would expect a remake to be part of the tome they are currently in, but everything seems to point to Belakor now being hard locked into some demon mix army only people with Wrath of the Everchosen might have cared about. How many sit on a Chaos Ascended army right now? If Belakor only fits into that, it seems like a limited market...

I love the model, but I only play StD and do not plan to buy a bunch of ugly as sin bloodletters and demonettes etc to play this dude. So who can actually take him (not just as ally) is an important factor if I wish to preorder...

Edited by Scurvydog
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Really want to know what army Belakor will fit into. He is of course currently part of StD, but they show him with demons of all kinds. If he is not part of StD anymore, no reason to get hyped for me ;) Feels strange they are not even dropping a hint about where he fits in basically. 

Normally you would expect a remake to be part of the tome they are currently in, but everything seems to point to Belakor now being hard locked into some demon mix army only people with Wrath of the Everchosen might have cared about. How many sit on a Chaos Ascended army right now? If Belakor only fits into that, it seems like a limited market...

I love the model, but I only play StD and do not plan to buy a bunch of ugly as sin bloodletters and demonettes etc to play this dude. So who can actually take him (not just as ally) is an important factor if I wish to preorder...

agreed. I wonder if Be'lakor is in your army and is the general then demons can be included as battleline or something (for StD)

Edited by BaylorCorvette

27 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

agreed. I wonder if Be'lakor is in your army and is the general then demons can be included as battleline or something (for StD)

Would be nice.

or Be’lakor turning slaves to darkness into a new Grand Alliance Chaos with juicy Allegiance abilities and all the mortals (and Deamons) of every god :)

Edited by JackStreicher

1 hour ago, Scurvydog said:

They probably will tease his rule this week and the content of the book too

its only Tuesday after all 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Verminlord said:

I hope the GHR affects aos in a big way, skaven in general haven't been much beyond plot buttons since it started- and modelwise, they definitely need some help. Maybe they'll be the last book of BR?

1 hour ago, Scurvydog said:

An expanded Legion of Chaos Ascendant list would be great, really. The first one was nice-ish, the Legion of the First prince subfaction kind of overlapping with the generic abilities..

I too would like to see Be'lakor still playable in a Despoiler list (only for me to still be able to use the Ruinstorm Daemons Brutes as Varanguard 😈😈😈).

2 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

I expect a structured and updated " legion of the first prince" Alliance.

I believe there are still people who want to play a  pure chaos daemons army , mixing up the 4 dark gods units.

2 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

Don't forget, he's also a 40K character. That market may justify the release w/o him fitting into StD.  I can see him being the leader of a new chaos deamons faction in AOS. They certainly could do that. It used to be a separate faction in WHFB.  So you have mortal chaos in StD. Deamons in their own. And then you could still have mixed mortal/deamon units if you run the god-specific tomes.  

personally, Blah! 

Edited by annarborhawk

2 minutes ago, Jefferson Skarsnik said:

Damn the Cursed City situation really degenerated during the outage huh

+++ Mod Hat On +++
Yes it has. However, please don’t let things get carried away on this forum. Reading about people moaning is not fun.

If anybody wants to complain to GW (and I suggest you do), complain through the proper channels.

https://complaints.games-workshop.com

I don’t think GW have handled this well but at the same time some of the abuse they have had hasn’t been warranted.

+++ Mod Hat Off +++

Back to rumours....

So with BR Belakor up for preorder today, I reckon there is one book left and then this has the feeling of a new edition all over it. Hopefully we see another Preview in May (probably closer to June).

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Jefferson Skarsnik said:

Damn the Cursed City situation really degenerated during the outage huh

Yeah.. but on reflection it does seem really strange...removed from the drop down menu on the community site..something has gone wrong there for GW.

But Belakor today ! And I REALLY missed this place when it was down- delighted to be back.

• Like 4

So glad to be back!! That was a long one I missed my fellow Mortals!!

Belakor for Pre Order today!! Hoping tomorrow they announce a Preview for next weekend and then on Monday fingers crossed for a Kragnos model reveal.

Also loved the new BR fiction. Seeing the aftermath of Teclis with Imolda back at Barak Zilfin was amazing.

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 8

Glad to see tga back. Browsing Dakka was miserable. I'm very curious to see what's up with Be'lakor. Also they've set themselves a very high bar with Kroak and the Witch Hunters for the Monday reveals. There are 2 weeks left and my guess is that the last one will be Kragnos himself. That leaves one total mystery. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Glad to see tga back. Browsing Dakka was miserable. I'm very curious to see what's up with Be'lakor. Also they've set themselves a very high bar with Kroak and the Witch Hunters for the Monday reveals. There are 2 weeks left and my guess is that the last one will be Kragnos himself. That leaves one total mystery. 

Really intrigued to see Kragnos.. Kroak, Belakor and those witch hunters [not to mention all the graveyards stuff] look epic.. looking forward to see what they can do with Kragnos [Kroak particularly blew me away].

36 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Really intrigued to see Kragnos.. Kroak, Belakor and those witch hunters [not to mention all the graveyards stuff] look epic.. looking forward to see what they can do with Kragnos [Kroak particularly blew me away].

47 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I'm thinking once the model is revealed we will finally have some answers to which Alliance he is a part of.

So glad TGA is back up, been having withdrawal 😆

Surprised at the price of Belakor, thought he would be more expensive given his size. £89 seems like an odd price point too.

Shame about the cursed city situation, though maybe they will bring it back at some point.

Space Hulk 2009 was meant to be a limited edition, but it didn't stop GW releasing it a few more times over the years. Cursed City was never labelled as limited so they could always do another print run in the future (in time for xmas perhaps?).

Didn't pull the trigger on CC, as I couldn't justify it with the backlog of projects. I did buy Dagnai from eBay tho, as it's the one mini I really didn't want to miss out on (he just arrived this morning!). 

• Subscriber

Kragnos will be interesting, he's fully new for AoS right? Not like Teclis, Belakor or Morathi who have existing lore from both the Old World and AoS?

The other Broken Realm folks, Teclis, Belakor or Morathi all had existing armies they can fit into, so which faction/army will be able to take Kragnos do we think?