The Rumour Thread

I wonder if destruction will get Gordraak's ram as a terrain piece? It would make sense thematically, but as castle/siege warfare is rarely done on the standard AoS board, its functionality as a ram would be limited.  Perhaps it would be covered with banners and flags with warchanters and wardoks and wierdboys on top chanting and cavorting, kind of like a huge WAAAGH totem focus point? 

Personally I just want a huge ram pulled by two mancrusher gargants, crewed by ogors, with Orruk melee units and gloomspite archers all over the thing for protection. And a cunning warchaner of Mork up top egging the crew onward! Hmm.. I may have to kitbash that, I wonder if anyone ever made a Grond ram miniature for lord of the rings I could convert. 

• LOVE IT! 1

Wohooo lzards vs belakor in wd...... Kroak out of stock ( only in usa)......

Broken realm kroak !!!!!!

Of course it is a joke, but seriously i hope we dinasours will appear in next broken realm :) i dont mind rules since we are great, in fact kroak range should be touched, but im excited to read some lore about lizards in aos. Since all lore we have is some of us are in heavens, some descended into realms long time ago and became savage, we hate chaos. That is, not most complex or longest lore i have seen lol.

Maaaaybe we get a daemon vs lizard box with behlakor vs new model kroak? Or am i dreaming like a good slan would do?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I'm hoping if there is a another dwarf army, that it is something a diffrent to the traditional dwarves. I know there are a lot of fans of the warhammer dwarves but let's see something new of a twist on them. 

Give us dwarves in steam and cog powered battlesuits, dwarves using harnesses with mechanical arms likes Doctor Octopus, give us mounted dwarves. Give us something new and exciting. 

I'd like to introduce you to the Fyreslayers and Kharadron Overlords. 😉

But on a more serious note, we already got the reinventions, and as Nighthaunt, Gloomspite, and Soulblight show, there's still plenty of room for classic designs in AoS. To be perfectly honest, I'd prefer Kharadron and Fyreslayers getting expansions over any new dwarf army, but if we're going to get another, then "classic" dwarfs are a niche not yet covered.

• Like 3

Just now, KriticalKhan said:

But on a more serious note, we already got the reinventions, and as Nighthaunt, Gloomspite, and Soulblight show, there's still plenty of room for classic designs in AoS. To be perfectly honest, I'd prefer Kharadron and Fyreslayers getting expansions over any new dwarf army, but if we're going to get another, then "classic" dwarfs are a niche not yet covered.

I have a really strange and oddly specific hope that Grungni and Valaya get there own separate followers. I think it would be really cool if one of them got a traditional Dwarven Force that just pushed forward the Dispossessed aesthetic. Meanwhile the other could have an army of clockwork powered battle-suits and mechanical golems. 

Personally I would like Valaya to lead a Sisters of battle styled force of classical female Duardin and Grungni to have the mechanical Cogforces. I would like them to share a tome and be distinct playable sub-factions that can be run together. I feel this would give the 'classical duardin' a more distinct role as female dwarves are often underrepresented in fantasy and combined with clockwork mechanical allies would give a very AOS vibe to the faction as a whole. But if the two were switched I would still be fine as I think it would be cool to have an additional Duardin God and an army that let you build both traditional and untraditional units. 😁

I also know it is next to impossible but I would absolutely love 3.0 to be a Duardin vs Destruction box and I think Grotbag Scuttlers would make an ideal opponent. But I digress as I am turning this into a wish listing thread again.

Back to rumours: I have always considered Demons and Seraphon to be the true representatives of Chaos and Order hopefully we get a dual box between the two. 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

Wohooo lzards vs belakor in wd...... Kroak out of stock ( only in usa)......

Broken realm kroak !!!!!!

Of course it is a joke, but seriously i hope we dinasours will appear in next broken realm :) i dont mind rules since we are great, in fact kroak range should be touched, but im excited to read some lore about lizards in aos. Since all lore we have is some of us are in heavens, some descended into realms long time ago and became savage, we hate chaos. That is, not most complex or longest lore i have seen lol.

Maaaaybe we get a daemon vs lizard box with behlakor vs new model kroak? Or am i dreaming like a good slan would do?

I love my Stormcast, but I would've carried my Lizardmen into Seraphon had the range been updated when I got into AOS. So it's looking good for Lizards in BR 3 :) if that comes with new kits, well, I can't say no to my scaley bois.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Also WHC has a White Dwarf preview which mentions a flashpoint campaign featuring Be’Lakor vs Seraphon. Given what happened with the BR Teclis content in WD and knowing how far in advance the magazine is prepped, this confirms at least one of the factions that will feature in BR: Be’Lakor. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/30/change-the-fate-of-the-broken-realms-with-white-dwarf-463s-narrative-campaign/

I don't buy White Dwarf every month, but I'm going to get this so I can (hopefully) play this narrative campaign.  Does this mean the new Belakor is coming soon, or are they expecting everyone to play this campaign with the old Belakor model?  Maybe the pre-order for Belakor will be announced this weekend!

I say hopefully because my husband wanted to play the narrative campaign in BR:Morathi and we shocked at how many armies and models were needed.  We didn't have nearly enough of the armies we own, so we've kind of given up for now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

Reading Soulbound Bestiary, the Vampire Lord profile has a picture of what it seems to be the new blood dragons. Btw, no new creatures.

image.png.841d51f8b77a6df84bb7f8e363d6fede.png

DjM13PvHbnFkbamV.jpg

I'ma paint mine with the green glowing eyes and nostrils like in the artwork. DAMN. I can't wait.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KriticalKhan said:

I’ve been waiting to get the AoS version of high elves since AoS hit, not a niche element of elves expanded on. The Lumineth hit and for a moment I thought that would be it. But when I painted the first Lumineth I realized they just don’t hit that same sweet spot the high elves did. I think most of the Lumineth are cool, but they are their own thing. 

I would love for all the dwarf players to get their classic dwarves reinvented. But chances are people will have similar feelings. 
I think the goblins and now the soulblight are examples of classic ideas brought up to level with current design levels. But that isn’t a guarantee any new dwarf army will be like that. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Angela said:

I don't buy White Dwarf every month, but I'm going to get this so I can (hopefully) play this narrative campaign.  Does this mean the new Belakor is coming soon, or are they expecting everyone to play this campaign with the old Belakor model?  Maybe the pre-order for Belakor will be announced this weekend!

I wouldn't hold your breath unfortunately, White Dwarf is printed way in advance and with covid that has meant it doesn't always match up with releases. The narrative campaign for BR Teclis was meant to come out around the same time as the book but instead it came out at the start of February, so we might not see the new Belakor for a few months. I think they take the attitude that it's just better to publish and fill up the space in the magazine, even if it's way too early.

For what it's worth though the BR Teclis narrative campaign stuff from the Feb/March WDs was really quite good and didn't require all that many models, might be worth a look.

37 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I wouldn't hold your breath unfortunately, White Dwarf is printed way in advance and with covid that has meant it doesn't always match up with releases. The narrative campaign for BR Teclis was meant to come out around the same time as the book but instead it came out at the start of February, so we might not see the new Belakor for a few months. I think they take the attitude that it's just better to publish and fill up the space in the magazine, even if it's way too early.

For what it's worth though the BR Teclis narrative campaign stuff from the Feb/March WDs was really quite good and didn't require all that many models, might be worth a look.

I didn't even realize that they had a narrative campaign in the Feb and March issues of White Dwarf, but if it was BR:Teclis, it probably needs a Lumineth army and we don't have one of those. We were tempted with the new releases, but then decided that we have too many models to paint to start a whole new army. 

That Blood Knight art is phenomenal. It's pieces like that that got me hooked into Warhammer in the first place. Absolutely stunning, it just captures everything. 

I also love the Green Fel eyes of the horses. I think I'll definitely be doing that too, although I may paint the skulls as the same as the armour  rather than as actual skulls. 

The hype grows day by day. :) 

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

People are saying July because gw are have historically done July. I'm not convinced by it though. There have been a bunch of delays recently and the Evergiven situation may actually have caused some more. 

My biggest query is where Gardus and the nighthaunt hero are going to fit into things. They didn't say Kragnos would be the last book. 

Everyone was convinced there would be just 3 books with Alarielle after Morathi and Teclis but now we know there are at least 4. 

It has been a very AoS centric start to the year which I am very much enjoying but we've already seen  3 major releases for AoS and just a hint at 2 for 40k. Are we really going to get 2 more AoS armies before the end of summer?

This year there have been 12 kits released for 40k including 4 in the killteam box. In the same timeframe there have been 19 kits for AoS, 2 underworlds warbands and cursed city.  Looking into the future there have been 5 40k kits previewed, 9 for AoS, Be'lakor and 3 more underworlds warbands. I've been playing gw games for more than 30 years and the last time fantasy dominated the release schedule so much,  40k didn't exist. Surely gw have something major for 40k up their sleeve. 

2020 got loads of 40k with psychic awakening and the 9th ed, and little AOS, much of which was held back to make room for 9th ed 40k I suspect. I think they are catching up tbh. 

1 hour ago, KK9T said:

I'ma paint mine with the green glowing eyes and nostrils like in the artwork. DAMN. I can't wait.

I'm thinking I'll do mine in cold white armour, black skin, cream+brown for the bone.

Still need to decide a pop colour for things like cloth. Not blue as I've done that recently. Maybe a burnt orange.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

A GRUDGE IS A GRUDGE YOU ELGI LOVER!!! Besides we have confirmation that The Old World is coming back, so your argument is invalid.

This is Age of Sigmar.  Mounted Duardin  are cool and no to the ridiculous grudges, burning down villages because they were a coin short on your payment was beyond dumb. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

35 minutes ago, Angela said:

I didn't even realize that they had a narrative campaign in the Feb and March issues of White Dwarf, but if it was BR:Teclis, it probably needs a Lumineth army and we don't have one of those. We were tempted with the new releases, but then decided that we have too many models to paint to start a whole new army. 

It's actually Flesh-Eater Courts vs Ossiarch from Feb and then Chaos vs Lumineth with rules for a really cool "AI-controlled" Flesh-Eater Courts army. I get your point though, these campaigns are never going to be perfect.

• LOVE IT! 1