The Rumour Thread

Z39vZyQxAWuOHNL0.jpg

I can't help but wonder if we're going to see more of these 'freelance' characters going forward. It's certainly a good way to get people to dip into individual kits that people might not have bought otherwise. Obviously Allies have been a thing for a while, but I find people often don't take them unless it's specifically called out ALA Mega-Gargants, Gotrek, 1/4 allowances in CoS, etc.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Sorrow said:

Source for the boded part? I would love to read it.

Hmmm.. rereading the bits on Lexicanium etc I may have gotten mixed up and got 2+2=57.5 😬

They talk of many kingdoms/ civilisations existing there which venerated hunting but which were laid waste in the time of Chaos by Orruks and Chaos. Separately under the Kurnoth entry they say he is one of several aelven deities worshipped but the only one on the same level as Alarielle. Also his incarnation as "The Old Stag" is noted to perhaps reference the older  god he was formed  from [which is interesting - maybe Kragnos is Kurnoth's dad..seems to be a  much  older entity from the name ]. 

Heres the links-

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Realm_of_Ghur

https://ageofsigmar.fandom.com/wiki/Realm_of_Ghur

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Kurnoth

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Z39vZyQxAWuOHNL0.jpg

I can't help but wonder if we're going to see more of these 'freelance' characters going forward. It's certainly a good way to get people to dip into individual kits that people might not have bought otherwise. Obviously Allies have been a thing for a while, but I find people often don't take them unless it's specifically called out ALA Mega-Gargants, Gotrek, 1/4 allowances in CoS, etc.

I am actually hoping that Be'Lakor is such a character. I can see him cozying up to any and all Chaos factions to follow through with his plans.

U8hqUPCrttCAc7X2.jpg
I also like that this rule is trying to mitigate how many Lumineth armies are built around Teclis. It might not be much but at least it is something towards creating more variety. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Alitairi.... the powercreep continues, big time.

#LuminethCheeseLords

The Rest seems fine. I am rather afraid of their ballista. It will surely be broken af.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

14 minutes ago, Televiper11 said:

At first glance that reads as ridiculous but there are ways to mitigate them.

Really ? I mean what are you going to do turn 5 with 4 attacks with flat 5 damage ? 

Usually the battle is decided turn 3 so I think that on paper it looks good but on the table it won't be that significant (unless there are other rules) 

Currently 4 attacks damage 3 round 3 (which is the most important round) doesn't seem OP at all to me :/ I prefer to use a war cow with 6 attacks flat 5 damages on turn 1 :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

U8hqUPCrttCAc7X2.jpg
I also like that this rule is trying to mitigate how many Lumineth armies are built around Teclis. It might not be much but at least it is something towards creating more variety. 

Nearly doubling your command points as long as that guy is on the field is definitely a good incentive. I wonder if this guy will be an auto-include if you are not bringing Teclis. Lumineth have a lot of good command abilities.

15 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Let's not jump the gun and wait for points. If Ellania and Ellathor are just a beatstick hero, even with the sword and once-per-battle mortal wound beam, they will still need to be mobile and well pointed to see play.

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Jeremierty said:

Really ? I mean what are you going to do turn 5 with 4 attacks with flat 5 damage ? 

Usually the battle is decided turn 3 so I think that on paper it looks good but on the table it won't be that significant (unless there are other rules) 

Currently 4 attacks damage 3 round 3 (which is the most important round) doesn't seem OP at all to me :/ I prefer to use a war cow with 6 attacks flat 5 damages on turn 1 :)

So we got to kill them quickly. Shouldn’t be too hard. They are elves, after all. 😁

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Let's not jump the gun and wait for points. If Ellania and Ellathor are just a beatstick hero, even with the sword and once-per-battle mortal wound beam, they will still need to be mobile and well pointed to see play.

Depends how good a mage she is.

Most melee beatstick heroes aren't worth it because they do nothing then die.

If Elliana is a good mage for 2 or 3 rounds then the biggest problem with this class of hero's is somewhat mitigated.

Also, for a lot of armys a wizard with 4 attacks at 2+/3+/-2/1 damage is pretty good by itself,

Y'all I'm soooo excited to see the Soulblight release!!! I'm just now getting around to commenting on it as I was at my first two day AOS tournament where my Khorne Vampires placed 6th overall and nearly took top Chaos, but going into the two day tournament I didn't care if I went 0-5 after seeing/hearing the Soulblight release. My Khorne Vampires were a labor or love until a proper Soulblight Battletome was brought into AoS, I am SOOOO READY! Based on BR Teclis next week, Vampire Underworlds Warband next month does anyone think that we could see Soulblight Gravelords April / May?

My initial impression is that Soulblight Gravelords will be replacing LoN since they will have Skeletons and Zombies. My HOPE is that there are more models in that Battletome that are NEW and that  GW hasn't shown off yet, because everything they did show pretty much already has a warscroll in AoS (Skeletons, Zombies, Blood Knights, Fell Bats, Wight King on Steed, etc). My fingers are still crossed for Vampire Infantry, I really hope there is a sub allegiance that is pretty much Vampires (and Bats) only. In the shooting Meta that we have going on I would love if Bat Swarms still existed but instead of enemy being -1 to hit, they have a rule where if a friendly unit takes a wound from a missile weapon and there is a friendly Bat Swarm in range on a 2+ (or 4+) that wound or mortal wound is allocated to the Bat Swarm instead. A simple -1 to Hit while nice isn't cutting it IMO in the meta when mortal wounds can be dished out so easily from range (looking at you Lumineth and BloodStalkers)

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Svalack said:

The problem with that is then they would have to associate with orks which I can't see happening unless they are very twisted feral and far away from the kurnothi we have seen so far. I think they need to remove the grand alliances it prevents some really interesting army concepts. Right now if you arent chaos, dead or just like breaking everything then you are order.

They could be destruction without necessarily associating with greenskins - skavens after all are chaos but don't really associate with other chaos factions. On the other hand, it could be cool if they were to side with Ogors and SoBehemat.

Otherwise, perhaps they could have both order and destruction keywords, allowing them to be used in either grand alliance; some named characters or special units could still have only one of the two keywords meaning they can't ally willy-nilly with any faction in either GA...

Of course, the chance of this is vanishingly small, to the point where it's less likely than the GAs simply being removed imo. As shame though, I think GW could be more experimental with faction keywords (like, imagine a faction keyword "bringers of pestilence" allowing Nurgle and Pestilens joint armies reasonably easily, or "woodfolk" for the Living City and Sylvaneth together)

5 minutes ago, Fyrenn said:

Anything interesting to the fact the daemonbane weapon ability required both the DAEMON and CHAOS keywords?

Are there currently daemons without chaos?  Or is that a potential portent for later (shadow daemons or whatever)?

I don't know if I'm imagining it, but did old Seraphon used to have the daemon keyword

34 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Y'all I'm soooo excited to see the Soulblight release!!! I'm just now getting around to commenting on it as I was at my first two day AOS tournament where my Khorne Vampires placed 6th overall and nearly took top Chaos, but going into the two day tournament I didn't care if I went 0-5 after seeing/hearing the Soulblight release. My Khorne Vampires were a labor or love until a proper Soulblight Battletome was brought into AoS, I am SOOOO READY! Based on BR Teclis next week, Vampire Underworlds Warband next month does anyone think that we could see Soulblight Gravelords April / May?

My initial impression is that Soulblight Gravelords will be replacing LoN since they will have Skeletons and Zombies. My HOPE is that there are more models in that Battletome that are NEW and that  GW hasn't shown off yet, because everything they did show pretty much already has a warscroll in AoS (Skeletons, Zombies, Blood Knights, Fell Bats, Wight King on Steed, etc). My fingers are still crossed for Vampire Infantry, I really hope there is a sub allegiance that is pretty much Vampires (and Bats) only. In the shooting Meta that we have going on I would love if Bat Swarms still existed but instead of enemy being -1 to hit, they have a rule where if a friendly unit takes a wound from a missile weapon and there is a friendly Bat Swarm in range on a 2+ (or 4+) that wound or mortal wound is allocated to the Bat Swarm instead. A simple -1 to Hit while nice isn't cutting it IMO in the meta when mortal wounds can be dished out so easily from range (looking at you Lumineth and BloodStalkers)

Mate I'm so happy for you and congrats on the tournament!!

36 minutes ago, novakai said:

Cant wait for this novel. Really interested in seeing Brogutt in action!!

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

#LuminethCheeseLords

I must say that I strongly dissagree with what you say nor appreciate the hashtag..  As others have already stated most battles are over by turn 3.. He will be able to hit like a vanilla Spirit of the Mountain on turn 5... IF he lives until then.. Of course it all depends on the other abilities and the point cost and we should wait for the whole set of rules to have a truly informed opinion but I really could not in good conscience leave your comment unanswered..

54 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

indeed ;)

The latter will see some use with CC heroes from now on.

LRL aren't one of the highest NPE Armies for no reason.

Blade of Leaping Gold at the moment is locked on Cathallars so as it is now, no it won't see any play... And if it becomes available for a non-named close combat hero I believe it is the right ammount of + to attacks because quite flankly +1 or +2 doesn't really cut it and defensive items get picked all the time.. Having an actual good choice of a weapon artifact will create a nice balance for when one chooses an artifact for his character...

• Thanks 2