The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Lord Veshnakar said:

I thought it was great.  They are field forges for the Fyreslayer expeditions.

That aside I mean AOS takes place on elemental planes where frogs pilot spaceships and sharks fly. It is magic.

Yeah I kind of had to laugh about it as well. 😂 but it is a bit lazy. 

But the elemental planes, the slam and the flying fish have a lot more reasoning behind it than it’s magic.  Magic is still a rare commodity in the mortal realms. But to each their own. 

• Like 1

Not much of a rumor but in the last months the "theme" of releases was to clean up the general handbook. We've seen few tomes updates from allegiance-abilities-tome (khorne and stormcast) and a lot from the gh18-allegiance-release batch.

Slaanesh, beast of chaos, nighthaunt, Skaven, Fyreslayers. So i expect allegiance with a no-allegiance-abilties-tome to be prioritized; right now in the gh19 we have:

Darkling Coven

Dispossessed

Free People

Seraphon

Wanderers

Slave to Darkness

Ironjawz

Only Seraphon and Ironjaw with a tome. Should we get them next month, before the gh19?

Edited by Furuzzolo
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, xking said:

With looncurse coming out and having new Gloomspite models( according to Warhammer weekly anyway) even though they already have a battletome. I think that fyreslayers can still have a model release later on this year. Maybe? 

Who knows it could even be connected to the plot of the Soul Wars. Grimnir model?

I thought they meant new as in new plastic sculpts for existing models like the Loonboss on Giant Squig or Loonboss with Giant Squig (although the Skarsnik model will always hold a special place) at least for the Gloomspite side of it anyway. I took it as they were talking more about the Sylvaneth side (assuming they don't blind side us and it is Sylvaneth) of the box in regards to a completely new unit, I mean we've already seen one in the new Nightvault warband with the thorn tentacled wizard so it's not that far fetched.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, xking said:

Will Tom did say that both factions would have "unique" new models. I believe he got that from whatever Source he has.  ( or I'm misremembering)

But who knows, it's a rumor.

Tbf he could be wishlisting. Top bloke but his predictions/information should be taken with a pinch of salt. 

Edited by NurglesFirstChosen

15 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

... and BCR.

BCR have allegiance abilities in the tome. They are mainly updating non-allegiance-abilities in the tome. (Skaven, Fec, Fyreslayers)

edit. Don't get me wrong, I'm waiting for a KO update and I know that having bad allegiance ability equal having no ability. Still KO and BCR do have them and right now only Stormcast and Blades of Rageboi got an updated tome while already have it all.

Nighthaunt, Beast of Chaos, FeC, Skaven, Slaanesh and Fyreslayers were in the gh18. I imagine Ironjawz and Seraphon to have priority, now...

Or Dispossessed 😎

Edited by Furuzzolo

13 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

BCR have allegiance abilities in the tome. They are mainly updating non-allegiance-abilities in the tome. (Skaven, Fec, Fyreslayers)

edit. Don't get me wrong, I'm waiting for a KO update and I know that having bad allegiance ability equal having no ability. Still KO and BCR do have them and right now only Stormcast and Blades of Rageboi got an updated tome while already have it all.

Nighthaunt, Beast of Chaos, FeC, Skaven, Slaanesh and Fyreslayers were in the gh18. I imagine Ironjawz and Seraphon to have priority, now...

Or Dispossessed 😎

Dispossessed not being released yet just means they have been working extra hard for the past 4 years to give Dispossessed a good update! 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

Dispossessed not being released yet just means they have been working extra hard for the past 4 years to give Dispossessed a good update! 😄

Maybe, and I say MAYBE, Dispossessed are going to get the fabled Idoneth endless spells!

6 hours ago, Kaz said:

Also any Malerion’s fans might be interested in this: it was in the Khorne Battletome (new one)

it seems that Malerion’s has already mobilized against chaos in an aggressive manner. Plus I’m gonna check the future Fyreslayers Battletome for any mention of “Shroudling kings” 

D254AE36-A60B-4730-80B1-E3B5790F3729.png

Nothing more there than there is in the Lore section of the rule book

4 hours ago, xking said:

Will Tom did say that both factions would have "unique" new models. I believe he got that from whatever Source he has.  ( or I'm misremembering)

But who knows, it's a rumor.

I think it is more than à rumour as in the trailer, the insect thing that get eaten by the squig matches to rumour engines. My guess is that there will be one new hero for each faction

Assuming Loon Curse is a box set then I would be stunned, stunned I say, if it didn't include at least one new sculpt per side and if I was a betting man then the Loonboss on Cave Squig would be where I'd throw my money. The existing model looks awful compared to the new sculpts and with Squigs being such a key part of Gloomspite and that particular model/unit unlocking extra battle line options it's surely the most obvious choice for a redo.

We'll see though, can't imagine we'll be waiting too long to find out.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JPjr said:

Fingers crossed when DoK or Malerion's mob get their turn for some terrain we get to see a bloody giant great big massive 'Small Planet Covering Half the Map '

Just before battle Aelven Sorceresses begin to dance and chant blasphemous rites and summon forth the mists of Ulgu. Slowly the diaphanous vapours coalesce into the shape of a colossal, seemingly unmovable and ridiculously out of place, Mount Rushmore, one solitary finger of  Malerion’s Statue raised in defiance at the moaning enemy forces. 

Corrected that for you 🤣

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, michu said:

Interview with Kevin Chin, more Fyreslayer art and some wallpapers for your desktops!

FyreslayerArt-Apr12-Magmahold3ukc.jpg.b32fa23e290d4e3575bbca64d0f0d248.jpg

The artwork is stunning. I wonder if the flying creatures or (what look to be) smaller magmadroths down by the river will be released in years to come. Wishful thinking perhaps, but more firey beasts would get me on board with starting an army.

Edited by wwwwww
  • Like 3

They fall down somewhat on the models but Fyreslayers might well have the greatest concentration of excellent art that doesn't date to WHFB, probably because of Kevin Chin's interest.  The increased focus on the strange ritualistic aspects of their culture - the priesthood, the initiations, the religious accoutrements - is a good call, gets them away from the battlefield despite being a cult of religious mercenaries.

Frankly the world could always do with more illustrations of battleworn dwarves having a pensive post-battle smoke amidst the carnage. It's good subject matter.

FyreslayerArt-Apr12-FyreslayerVignette4j

• Like 13

2 hours ago, JPjr said:

Assuming Loon Curse is a box set then I would be stunned, stunned I say, if it didn't include at least one new sculpt per side and if I was a betting man then the Loonboss on Cave Squig would be where I'd throw my money. The existing model looks awful compared to the new sculpts and with Squigs being such a key part of Gloomspite and that particular model/unit unlocking extra battle line options it's surely the most obvious choice for a redo.

We'll see though, can't imagine we'll be waiting too long to find out.

Yeah, I find the current model pretty terrible, but then I didn't like it even before it was outdated, that's why I've got the Forgeworld version.

So it looks like the Lord Slaanesh on damonic mount is now no longer available on the US store(i.e. not just temporarily out of stock). I suppose it's possible that he's just going to get rebased, but it's an old metal model that really looks outdated. Maybe the previewed Slaanesh releases weren't all they planned.

• Like 4