The Rumour Thread

11 hours ago, Luzgurbel said:

Some of the Old World characters returned to the battlefields: Nagash and all his mortarchs, Alarielle, Morathi, Archaon... Why no Skarsnik or Grimgor (though Grimgor would fit better in Ironjawz)?

I believe gordrakk is grimgor reincarnated. Take a look on the models and you see a lot of similarities

kind of disappointed the DoK box didn't have at least two witch elf unit instead of one.

6 minutes ago, Sadysaneto said:

I believe gordrakk is grimgor reincarnated. Take a look on the models and you see a lot of similarities

also Gordrak is the Fist of Gork and Grimgor was the Avatar of Gork in the endtime

which go to my theory that hopefully the Fist of Mork (of something of Mork) maybe a reincarnated version of Skarsnik

25 minutes ago, Bellfree said:

DoK don't have a start collecting. The blood coven box was 100$ and is out of print. Total retail is 275$ so assuming the standard 170$ for the box it's about a 40% discount.

I would have preferred a second unit of witch aelfs or Melusai over two units of Khinerai. But this looks still good for me. I haven't really brought anything for my DoK after the initial release so this is still a good bargain for me. 

Yeah, the DoK box basically had to be one cauldron kit (cos it's the only way to get any heroes outside of Morathi) along with a mix of 4 of the other boxes to make up the appropriate cost, would've preferred two Witch Aelf kits to two Khinerai, but there was pretty much no way they could make  a 'bad' battleforce with the way the dual-kit options work for DoK.

I didn't expect anything for SC or NH as the spines of each are already available cheap and in bulk. Seraphon and Chaos were a surprise, would have expected a BOC in there. But I guess they were unlikely to do KO or IJ or really anyone they've done before. Not least because with inflation they'd be selling things in a comparatively reduced quantity which would just make them flat out worse value than they were 2 years ago.

Space Marines are the exception to this rule, always, and were obvious as they're an easy sell. People are gonna want and will buy big boxes of Space Marines at Christmas. That's been true for 20+ years now.

6 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

So glad Imperial Fists get their own box, we definitely needed that. I mean I thought you could just paint the normal ones yellow but... 

The imperial fist box is fine, it's the OTHER one that doesn't make any gorram sense. The  ultramarines box has a way worse selection of models, including several that OVERLAP between the two boxes so no one in their right mind would ever buy both. They're completely pointless to release together.

On 11/3/2018 at 8:07 AM, elfhead said:

The only thing that has me worried is that we might not see slaanesh released In january ( slaanuary) like we had chaos releases at the start of previous years. Because with all these releases the release schedule seems packed.

On 11/3/2018 at 8:23 AM, Enoby said:

You have a point. I think we might be looking at February/March release. That said, I'd rather they got their own focus rather than crammed in with everything else - Slaanesh's escape seems like a major plot point that shouldn't be brushed over (nor get in the way of any other plot points).

My money is on feb / march, as january traditionally has never been a release month due to the drought in our pockets caused by christmas.

2 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

My money is on feb / march, as january traditionally has never been a release month due to the drought in our pockets caused by christmas.

Maggotkin of Nurgle happened in January this year. So it wouldn't be unordinary for GW. 

Edited by Gecktron

21 hours ago, michu said:

I like everything in the Darkoath warband except the leader - she looks weird like her proportions are off.

20 hours ago, michu said:

I mean her arms look too short and her pose is really weird. I'm also not sure if that spell glow on her hand is well done.

never underestimate the GW studio and photo department's ability to make something look unbuyable.  If its one thing I've learnt, wait till you see them in the flesh to fully make your mind up :)

So, the StD box is called the "Godsworn warband" and the new shadespire warband is the "Godsworn hunt". 

I'm guessing there might be a Godsworn battletome underway that combined Slaves to Darkness and the new Darkoath model line, rather than one replacing the other. Bringing out a christmass box for a faction that you plan to replace seems incredibly silly. 

• Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, alghero81 said:

That’s only 9 in that screenshot, the battle forces this year are 10, is there a screenshot of the 10th? I don’t understand the slaves to darkness one...

If you've got a new faction to fill those boots some how like Darkoath then I get the feeling that this old stock will need to be moved asap, and also by putting it out there you create a nice foundation to build on with what's coming next as you have a nice stack of models already.

3 minutes ago, Elmir said:

So, the StD box is called the "Godsworn warband" and the new shadespire warband is the "Godsworn hunt". 

I'm guessing there might be a Godsworn battletome underway that combined Slaves to Darkness and the new Darkoath model line, rather than one replacing the other. Bringing out a christmass box for a faction that you plan to replace seems incredibly silly. 

My speculation was that Dark Oath might function like another mark of the gods essentially, which is sort of how it works now. You can't mark the Chief or Queen, so if you are running them in God allegiance they need to be allies.  So if you want a Dark Oath Army, you start with StD base, and season with Dark Oath. That was my guess anyhow, and means that they don't give the God armies any more options.

Also the Godsworn Warband is one of the StD battalions.

• Like 1

That DoK box is perfect (for me) I brought one of the allies box as a way to set up a couple of skirmish warbands (one medusae lead, one witch elf) and the altar was going to get torn apart for scenery. I brought one box of the blood sisters when they were released, but didn't buy anything else at the time as most of their boxes are quite expensive, so was happy to wait to see if they got a start collecting box before expanding to a full sized army. Everything was scrapped when I missed out on buying the classic Morathi on the made to order (They 'ran out' of her half way through the week, which I still find strange considering they are meant to cast to order numbers. So clearly not made to order, just flog what leftover stock they have in the warehouse)as we had planned a 'chase' set of games, between my (would have been) mounted dark elves and my opponents mounted wood elves.

But this big box would allow me to at least construct my daughters of Khaine themed table (more altar parts) and make pure foot troop bands with out costing a fortune.

But that seraphon box is also quite good looking. Nice to see the flyers included, great models that I just don't see appear much online. Shame, as they are fantastic models.

2 hours ago, Mortarch said:

I must say, I’m both surprised and not surprised that there is both no Stormcast and Nighthaunt box sets... considering the number of releases for both so far this year.

3x order and 1x chaos. The choices of army for order isn’t terrible... DoK and ID were expected (even before ID was announced), seraphon is surprising, but not a bad call.

The chaos set is disappointing. Not on content, haven’t looked at that, but army choice. Great chance for a Legions of Nagash bundle, something for Karadron, or even a mixed destruction bundle.

My eyesight must be lacking... can’t really make out the contents... can anyone do a tot up on the savings from these?

M

Legion of Nagash and KO were both battleforces last year.    I agree destruction would have been better than STD. 

The DoK box is great for anyone getting started with the army as it basically gives you a bit of everything and currently everything is viable in the DoK battletome - even if both melusai and khinari have one option that is more favoured than the other, there's no waste at all. 

Like someothers I was hoping for more witch aelves since they are very pricey on their own, however that would be a box I'd be very happy to get - more winged death,  more snakes and more witches.