The Rumour Thread

25 minutes ago, Blood0Tiger said:

Then again I suggest either enforce and create guidelines here or don't and just let this thread be its own thing. its the same 3 issues here and no actual resolution to these discussions here. 

Exactly why I started a news thread 😉 But yeah, it's not gonna help if it's not enforced.

• Thanks 1

On 8/14/2021 at 7:10 PM, Ogregut said:

It's not down, they have been implementing a queue system for resent big releases to help manage traffic to the site as well as stopping scalpers buying all stock.

Its started at the beginning of the first lockdown here in Britain and returned for Dominion and the ork beast snagger box set amongst others. 

It's a good move by GW. 

It would be if they could manage to not have the entire site behind it .... Incompetent under paid developers ... It's terrible UX if your not interested in the big new release and just want supplies 

27 minutes ago, CarkFish said:

It's terrible UX if your not interested in the big new release and just want supplies 

I don't think you're allowed to not be interested in the big new release...

I'm also not particularly surprised it's been so AoS-lite recently - not even the event coverage this weekend gave a nod to AoS games from what I could tell. But it's really been an underwhelming release for a new version of a primary game - nothing actually new since Dominion, not even an actual 3.0 battletome for what will be about 10 weeks by the time the first ones drop.

I realise they showed new models (and oh boy, what new models!) but it's a bit ridiculous, COVID delays or not. And now they're even telling 40k fans what to expect for new codexes for the rest of 2021, and telling Kill Team fans they have a roadmap of new content every three months.

We don't even seem to be able to get any noteworthy rumours 😕

Edited by SlyRebirth
Tidying up a bit
  • Like 4

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, CarkFish said:

It would be if they could manage to not have the entire site behind it .... Incompetent under paid developers ... It's terrible UX if your not interested in the big new release and just want supplies 

Their most recent financial report says that their next project is to overhaul and redesign the website, as they acknowledge it's no longer suitable. The queue system seems to be a stop gap to prevent the scalpers, while they can implement a new system as part of the overhaul. 

Edited by SunStorm
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Nizrah said:

Maybe i wasn't clear in the first post (english is not my first language) but my point is not about a need of new content as a sort of new things to do and have fun it but rather that the game need FIXES asap because the ammount of rules that are overlapping and are totally unclear is astonishing. 

Thanks for clarifying. That is something where I can see the need for a more immediate response! 😃

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I don't think we'll see preveiws as we know again. 

With events coming back I can see them linked to those again and also being shown on warhammer+. 

I mean why make a dedicated channel if you aren't going to use it. 

I agree, it's back to the Tournaments and events for reveals. If they provide the same amount of content itll be grand. Even if things premier on Warhammer+ itll be only seconds before its online elsewhere.

5 hours ago, Matrindur said:

Also in terms of the 40k rumor addressed above there was a pretty big rumor dump for 40k from a trustworthy guy.

Im talking about it because according to it there a quite a lot of 40k releases until the end of the year so I wouldn't expect many AoS releases if it turns out true. 

More specifically with Stormcast/Kruleboyz, all of the Orks kits and the Black Templars Launchset September seems full already 

For October and November (They put both months together) there is the full Black Templars release in November but also another Kill Team boxset. There is also A new Horus Heresy Boxset coming that got pushed forward accourding to other rumours so that could also release in October.

So whatever our Battletome in October turns out to be I wouldn't expect a big Update.

For December we have Battleforces but also another 2 Codices for 40k which are getting another Vs Boxset according to the rumor dump, also around Christmas they normally don't release much new stuff.

We also have some more stuff like the new Aeronautica box, the next Necromunda book and a campaign book for 40k which will take up some more release space

So it doesn't seem like AoS will get much until next year based on that

Dammnit.

3 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Its about time that Stormcast were a threat to contend with. 

Praise be to the god-king! All shall fear the coming storm! Sigmar's angels descend from the celestial realm on bolts of heavenly lightning! 

I can't wait to see all the new rules, I hope stormcast will be closer to what they are supposed to be in the lore.

• Like 2

I hope be true and for one time stormcast be decent,because since aos0.0 they have been one of the worst factions.

Yes they had gimmicks as the battallions overpowers in 1.0 or 2.0 one drop big battallion doing 400% better the vanguard longcrossbow but the base warscrolls allways have been bad and dominion scrolls are other example of overcosted units

Edited by Doko
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HollowHills said:

I'm really nervous about this stormcast release. It seems like there is going to be a lot of power creep in aos 3.

Stormcast have been way behind the curve for quite a while. The buffs we've seen should make them a strong faction but I don't see anything that puts them above Seraphon, DoK, Tzeentch etc. 

As for the release schedule, it's pretty clear that GW still hasn't caught up after the two breaks in the schedule. AoS 3rd and 40k 9th launched more or less on schedule but that means that other releases had their delays extended to accommodate them. 

This week's video promised multiple new miniature reveals this week. Hopefully we get a little something for AoS.

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I'm really happy about them. They seems to have lost their Storm Blast attack, I expect a new hability to do ranged MW instead.

-1 rend added to all their weapons and glaive and axe seems to have 5 attacks now!! I expect the glaive to still have a bonus charge.

Celestant on Dracoth seems to be upgraded too!!!

12 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

*Sad Crusader noises* Okay.... thank you man/ma'am.

There were rumours of more plastics to come as well, including mkii. Whether they turn out to be true or not, we’ll see. I’m pretty sure there was anyway, it’s been a while since the photos leaked now. 

Edited by Still-young

1 hour ago, Sigmarusvult said:

If you want to see the new Dracoth profile for yourself

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/5671

Imo it does not guarantee that it is the actual profile that we'll see in the bt. 

Surprised the lord celestant is only at 7 wounds compared to a Karkadrak at 9, it seems odd he is at the same wounds as a lord imperatant, which is just a guy on foot, but I guess his gryph hound is considered, but even then only 1 more than a basic dracothian guard seems low. Nice changes overall, will have to see about any breath attack though. Also got to see the abilities of the individual weapon options to really get the full picture, but I like they seem to become more elite, as the heaviest of heavy cav.

I still do not understand how these elite stormcasts riding basically dragons only have 7 bravery, that just makes no sense at all.

Edited by Scurvydog
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

I still do not understand how these elite stormcasts riding basically dragons only have 7 bravery, that just makes no sense at all.

That's kinda the problem with bravery, right? If you want it to be relevant for elite units gameplay-wise, you really need to set it nonsensically low from a narrative perspective.

A quick look at some Cities of Sigmar profiles to get a sense of how brave "normal people" are makes Bravery 7 look pretty appropriate, though: Freeguild Guard sit at 5, elites like Greatswords at 6, and magical elves that know the time of their own death at 7. I guess looking at it that way those guys are pretty brave. Not as brave as a guy in a Steam Tank, but that's a bit of an unfair advantage, anyway.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

That's kinda the problem with bravery, right? If you want it to be relevant for elite units gameplay-wise, you really need to set it nonsensically low from a narrative perspective.

A quick look at some Cities of Sigmar profiles to get a sense of how brave "normal people" are makes Bravery 7 look pretty appropriate, though: Freeguild Guard sit at 5, elites like Greatswords at 6, and magical elves that know the time of their own death at 7. I guess looking at it that way those guys are pretty brave. Not as brave as a guy in a Steam Tank, but that's a bit of an unfair advantage, anyway.

Yea I think in that context it works. Bravery is just overall busted due to GW believing demons and undead always needs 10 no matter what kind of unit it is. As such battleshock and every other mechanic that interacts with bravery will often be way too powerful or do absolutely nothing at all. Just see things like heroic recovery how skewed it is to death and chaos (and Gotrek!), while destruction can just disintegrate to bravery bombs.

Who knows, maybe stormcast gets some further allegiance stuff that affects bravery too, although all these bravery bandaids are not really healthy for the game. Otherwise bring Yndrasta I guess with 12" ignore battleshock 😛

• Like 2