The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Deakz28 said:

As far as we know it’ll be a new Warclans book instead 

Yeah thought as much. They dont seem to have enough going on for a unique army. More like fun auxiliaries. 

Would fit with the retro inspirations behind Kruleboyz as well, all different species of orcs. Probably alone in this but a reworked Animosity rule would be fun.

Edited by Nos
  • LOVE IT! 1

Most people could get the boxes they wanted from GW due to them actually producing a decent stock for once, so as a result much fewer folks need to look to LGSs, and you'll then get any scalpers who did buy a pile of Dominion boxes facing the reality that they can't actually sell 'em for high prices so need to offload them.

From GW's point of view, things probably worked out fine. Most LGSs are probably fine as well - they take registers of interest etc ahead of time. As the guy in the Battle Bunker pic admitted in that thread, he gambled on high demand and bought loads of boxes, presumably assuming a similar shortfall situation to Indomitus and Cursed City. And given they did all sell out at the reduced price pretty quick...

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

How would people feel about a new thread to discuss Dominion sales (or maybe AoS sales at large)? I don't know how much the topic has in it, but if there's a lot, it might be worth taking it off the rumour thread to be properly discussed? :)

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Nos said:

Yeah thought as much. They dont seem to have enough going on for a unique army. More like fun auxiliaries. 

Would fit with the retro inspirations behind Kruleboyz as well, all different species of orcs. Probably alone in this but a reworked Animosity rule would be fun.

I dunno, if we're looking at 5-6 heroes, two regular infantry units, a missile unit, a ballista, a rumoured monster and a rumoured cavalry unit, that's not bad. And that's assuming that's all we can expect, given how tight-lipped GW is being. More than either of the other ork factions and roughly as much as smaller factions like KO or IDK.

• Like 2

It's interesting because if Dominion was released as a general 'starter set' like literally every other edition launch set was prior to 9th 40k, I doubt we'd be seeing this panic, both the pre-pre-order "Oh god what if I can't get a copy???" and the post-pre-order "wtf we overbought and we can't sell enough???" I doubt these shops said the same thing about Dark Imperium and Soul Wars despite those sets likely sitting on their shelves for years.

It has been interesting watching Ebay 'box separates' (not necessarily scalpers) slowly reducing the prices down on everything.

If people only want the corebook I suggest looking on Ebay. The alt-art cover rulebook new is going for cheaper than buying the normal standalone. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RamsesIII said:

Honestly I feel like bestigors need an update more than gors do. The latter felt mostly good to assemble for me, they have plenty of options and allow for pretty different poses, meanwhile bestigors are almost all posed in a very similar way with little chance to change their stance or play around with their limbs' positioning, and even then I still found myself having to plan the assembly carefully to avoid leaving gaps in their shoulders. Could also be that I just like the unarmored look better (not that I believe bestigors shouldn't have theirs) but some of their armour bits feels a bit uninspired too, lots of unremarkable chainmail sections in my opinion. I wouldn't be too bothered if they weren't updated though, I feel like there's some things that should come first.

I gotta say though, the dragon ogor shaggoth  is one that really stands out to me as something in need of an update, I keep forgetting that it's actually quite a bit smaller than the ghorgon and cygor in the tabletop when I feel like in the lore it shouldn't be that way(?) could be wrong though. The sculpt itself is actually pretty nice but unfortunately it's only available in resin.

100% agree, the Dragon Ogor Shaggoth is the #1 model (IMO) across the entire range of active warscrolls that needs to be updated. Skaven stuff does need it, but at least they’re the right “size”. The Shaggoth is the same-ish size as regular D-Ogors. It should be Kragnos sized. Hence the joke that somebody screwed up Kholek Suneater. 
I don’t play Beasts (only chaos army I don’t have). I would buy a Dragon Ogor army if they gave us a proper Shaggoth/Kholek update.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stus67 said:

It's weird to see people already lowering the prices of Dominion when my LGS sold out of their Dominions stock within the first day

Same at my LGS. All these "panic sales" seem to be anecdotic, just like our experience with sold-out boxes at some local stores.

19 minutes ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

100% agree, the Dragon Ogor Shaggoth is the #1 model (IMO) across the entire range of active warscrolls that needs to be updated. Skaven stuff does need it, but at least they’re the right “size”. The Shaggoth is the same-ish size as regular D-Ogors. It should be Kragnos sized. Hence the joke that somebody screwed up Kholek Suneater. 
I don’t play Beasts (only chaos army I don’t have). I would buy a Dragon Ogor army if they gave us a proper Shaggoth/Kholek update.  

My hope/expectation is they make a dual (tri?) build Shaggoth kit.  Combat Focus, Magic Focus, and named character.

While I don't expect it to be mega gargant sized, I would really use that kit as inspiration for what they could do.  It would likely headline a BoC release.

The only worry i'd have is I don't know if they'd do 2 centerpieces, and I think Morghur is something i'd expect to see. 

I always expect one new unit of some sort and some unknown monster or monstrous infantry type. I just don't see GW ONLY recasting things, I think they want to offer some new units for the new unit hype.. but I don't think we need a ton of new stuff.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lord_of_theRavenspire said:

Any thoughts on terrain? IIRC we saw faction terrain releases for Marines and 'crons pretty soon after the box release, and there's no terrain piece for OWC or Stormcasts yet, so I wouldn't be surprised to see one soonish. What do y'all think?

They are sort of 50-50 on faction terrain since SBG didn't get one either so i hard to tell, i can easily see them not have them too

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nos said:

What makes you say they don’t have enough going to be their own army? They already have a larger range then quite a few unique armies. Just curious.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RamsesIII said:

Honestly I feel like bestigors need an update more than gors do. The latter felt mostly good to assemble for me, they have plenty of options and allow for pretty different poses, meanwhile bestigors are almost all posed in a very similar way with little chance to change their stance or play around with their limbs' positioning, and even then I still found myself having to plan the assembly carefully to avoid leaving gaps in their shoulders. Could also be that I just like the unarmored look better (not that I believe bestigors shouldn't have theirs) but some of their armour bits feels a bit uninspired too, lots of unremarkable chainmail sections in my opinion. I wouldn't be too bothered if they weren't updated though, I feel like there's some things that should come first.

I gotta say though, the dragon ogor shaggoth  is one that really stands out to me as something in need of an update, I keep forgetting that it's actually quite a bit smaller than the ghorgon and cygor in the tabletop when I feel like in the lore it shouldn't be that way(?) could be wrong though. The sculpt itself is actually pretty nice but unfortunately it's only available in resin.

I cant believe I forgot the Shaggoth. I remember reading that the creatures in its mane were supposed to be Gors or Ungors at some point and that makes me hope if they redo the beast, make it just smaller than a Mega Gargant. 

3 hours ago, Rachmani said:

A new mancrusher imo doesn’t seem out of reach. Especially if they really upgrade Ogors.

Mate I would be over Da Bad Moon in hype if they refreshed Ogors AND released an updated Mancrusher!! It would make so much sense as well as that ticks off 2/4 Destruction Factions for 3.0 with the Sons getting a model as well.

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

I dunno, if we're looking at 5-6 heroes, two regular infantry units, a missile unit, a ballista, a rumoured monster and a rumoured cavalry unit, that's not bad. And that's assuming that's all we can expect, given how tight-lipped GW is being. More than either of the other ork factions and roughly as much as smaller factions like KO or IDK.

With a Like from Whitefang I'd say your bang on. We have everything that's in Dominion, the Mirebrute Troggoth and Ballistae. The rumoured cavlary unit and the confirmed Sludgeraker monster and unknown flyer. That's not bad at all!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Acrozatarim said:

Most people could get the boxes they wanted from GW due to them actually producing a decent stock for once, so as a result much fewer folks need to look to LGSs, and you'll then get any scalpers who did buy a pile of Dominion boxes facing the reality that they can't actually sell 'em for high prices so need to offload them.

From GW's point of view, things probably worked out fine. Most LGSs are probably fine as well - they take registers of interest etc ahead of time. As the guy in the Battle Bunker pic admitted in that thread, he gambled on high demand and bought loads of boxes, presumably assuming a similar shortfall situation to Indomitus and Cursed City. And given they did all sell out at the reduced price pretty quick...

I'm Battle Bunker and it was a calculated gamble based off Indomitus(I shifted 90 copies in 2hrs). It didn't pay off so rather than having 4k sitting about doing nothing and taking up huge amounts of space I decided to get rid. Money has to work for you and sitting about selling 1 or 2 a week is not working. I've got my money back now and can invest in other things. if someone wants a Dominion then I can just order one as it seems GW aint gonna run out anytime soon.  

As for taking a register of interest, some might find it useful but it doesn't work for me. next weeks pre-orders are revealed on a sunday evening and I have to order the monday morning to guarantee I get what I think I'll need before  pre-orders even go up. My gut told me 30 copies of Dominion but incase demand was high I opted for an extra 30 as I could absorb that if it went pear shaped. And as it happens it did go pear shaped but I've got my money back so I'm happy.  

And I'll also add the reason I sold them so cheap was to ensure I sold em fast and second so when other stores(who have lots of unsold copies) inevitably follow suit people don't cancel their pre-orders and buy the cheaper box elsewhere....as I've already witnessed, getting in 1st was important. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

3 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Going back to the fantasy days & if I remember correctly, that’s about as much as „regular orks“ had. We have IJ to cover the old black orcs & big un’z. So what Kruleboys get and have to cover, leaves them very well positioned.

With the existence of Goregruntas I expect the rumoured cavalry to be the equivalent of wolf riders. Which in turn let’s me think we either get a hobgrot hero & they’ll be hobgrots, or they’ll in deed be kruleboys & we won’t see a hobgrot hero. Both ways have their merits and own logic. Can’t say what I like better. Do the kruleboys need another unit of boys?

1 hour ago, Warfiend said:

What makes you say they don’t have enough going to be their own army? They already have a larger range then quite a few unique armies. Just curious.

4 Heroes inc Troggoth, one spellcaster the rest all melee/leadership units 

One battle line

One other infantry unit

2 missile units 

That's it

Which other armies have less than that?

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I cant believe I forgot the Shaggoth. I remember reading that the creatures in its mane were supposed to be Gors or Ungors at some point and that makes me hope if they redo the beast, make it just smaller than a Mega Gargant.

oh my God, I didn't even see the ungors on its head... that's at least twice as ridiculous (scale-wise) as I thought. Yeah, it definitely needs an update.