The Rumour Thread

11 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

what it's standing on looks slightly similar to nordic/slavic arch designs, which would make what's underneath it icicles? i'm leaning more towards vamp wolves than riding wolves.

heck, maybe it's a Skaven wolf rat standing on a Seraphon arch :P

As much as I would like it be a skaven, it may as well be a new kind of saurus, or the updated version of one.

Still this could be the beginning of a new starter set with serphons, vs. skaven, instead of poster-things

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

what it's standing on looks slightly similar to nordic/slavic arch designs, which would make what's underneath it icicles? i'm leaning more towards vamp wolves than riding wolves.

heck, maybe it's a Skaven wolf rat standing on a Seraphon arch :P

gYGB0MF9eWUjTe5atYOh5hg0lhG7v8G7_KEECFwy

Nothing else to say.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

24 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Pre-booking tantrum excuses is a bold strategy, looking forward to seeing if it pays off!

Nah, don't expect rage.

Lately GW greatly improved their previews. It seems they are listening and what really pays off are previous tantrums as you call it. If everyone was ok with poor previews GW wouldn't feel the need to improve.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Nah, don't expect rage.

Lately GW greatly improved their previews. It seems they are listening and what really pays off are previous tantrums as you call it. If everyone was ok with poor previews GW wouldn't feel the need to improve.

There will be rage at the lack of Primaris Lieutenants, as usual. :D

It's good that they are redoing skeletons of course. 

But... If I had to pick some units I would have redesigned from the ground up, the old skeletons would not have made the shortlist... I'm not even planning on getting (a lot) of the new ones when I have 80 of the old ones and to be honest... they hold up fine. I feel the same about black knights and grave guard tbh. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Elmir said:

It's good that they are redoing skeletons of course. 

But... If I had to pick some units I would have redesigned from the ground up, the old skeletons would not have made the shortlist... I'm not even planning on getting (a lot) of the new ones when I have 80 of the old ones and to be honest... they hold up fine. I feel the same about black knights and grave guard tbh. 

To a guy who doesnt have a sickblade seeker in the race, grave guards look like an utter garbage. Add some mold to them and they look like my leftovers I have in the bin right now. 

19 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Whitefang liked my predictions! 

What do I win? 

If I get to choose my prize, I do want flying wolf cav! 

Or flying squigs, just seems the next logical step in squig evolution!! 

This already happened :). Bat squig mounted gobbos next?

Nightvault_Bat_Squig_01.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Ghal Maraz coin does suggest 3.0 then, being the iconic Warhammer and all that. 

The Grave Guard's a shame since that presumably means no new kit for them - going to look a bit weird next to the new, taller skeletons.

No Soulblight coin is a surprise too.

Agreed that the Ghal Maraz coin is a nod to 3.0 news. The  Grave Guard miniature also suggests to me that Gravelords release is May or at the very minimum the full line up reveled in May.

50 minutes ago, novakai said:

This game looks better every time I see it. I assumed it would be some mobile phone gacha nonsense cashing in on the AOS name but it actually looks good.

The developers put a lot of effort into the models and animations, seems they really care about the IP.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wayniac said:

It would be fine if it wasn't for The scale creep they keep doing. That's going to be the real problem. 

It is odd at times I'll admit, especially with how Ogors are described as almost twice the height of a man and thrice as wide yet Duardin are around chest height. Hopefully newer Ogors are almost Ironjawz sized!!

22 minutes ago, PJetski said:

This game looks better every time I see it. I assumed it would be some mobile phone gacha nonsense cashing in on the AOS name but it actually looks good.

The developers put a lot of effort into the models and animations, seems they really care about the IP.

I needed a good reason to bust out the switch

30 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I'm just happy about all the customisation there seems to be. I get to recreate my Stormcast army colour scheme in-game xD that pleases my monke brain

8 hours ago, DoctorPerils said:

Considering how well wrapped up rippa's snarlfangs seem to be, icicles could just as well be another point in favour of them, but I'm not sure. Have you got any dire wolves painting examples that could look like the presented paw?

The clawed wing rumour engine I'm expecting to be for SGL though

I meant werewolf or bestial vamp style sorry, I don't think a dire wolf (or gitmob wolf) would be perched like that

edit: werewolf/werevamp would also account for the 'toe', even outside of fantasy biology

Edited by CommissarRotke