The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, zamerion said:

GW said on Sunday that there would be a blood bowl article for the future of this season this week.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/01/24/sunday-preview-angels-of-darkness/

nothing has uploaded.

It is normal?

They did the same thing with a Khagra's Ravagers article that didn't post til this week when it was supposed to be last week. I don't think they're doing a good job updating some of their preview articles based on schedule delays to their release timeline.

31 minutes ago, sfe667 said:

Interesting, I was really hoping that the sorcerer was going to have more than just mystic shield and arcane bolt. I was really hoping for Oracular Vision. Still  cool to have a four man/woman unit with a Wizard apart of it. But I agree the 125 points is interesting. It is the first non 10 point increment unit/model that I'm aware of. Honestly going in increments of 5 instead of 10 make more sense to me. You can get more combinations as well as easier to rebalance points for GHB updates.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

So, does anyone have any idea when will they start showing us Hedonite rules and lore preview?

They are rather excessively silent.

1-2 weeks before release. 

It's also hard to predict if they'll be early or late month, plus there's the Warhammer BL event this month so we don't know if that's going to soak up one of the "release weekends" or not. We just have to practice excessive patience. We know they are coming in Feb, which at absolute worst means pre-orders on the 27th (GW counts release month as the week pre-orders go live, not the week things release in); but I would hope sooner. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

They had started to make some interesting Underworlds warscrolls recently. This one is super disappointing which seems par for the course Slaves to Darkness. No unique rules. What the heck!

Actually GW has been making the Underworlds parties a bit more plain. I think its because they started to get a bit good and complex which made them a bit workheavy to run in a proper AoS game when a single unit choice was as complex as several leaders. The more recent ones have been simpler. 

47 minutes ago, sfe667 said:

Aw well I did not expect much yet still let down somehow. The latest DoK warband was really good, while the Ironjawz one was about the same tier as this StD warscroll, which is in the totally pointless and not even "just for fun" category. They are even locked to Ravagers and also undivided. Oh well they can join all the cultist warscrolls to add to the record of the faction with the most useless warscrolls. They are at least simply "plain" not like the Iron Golems Ogor with 1 single 4+/4+ attack ;) 

I will get this warband though, as I got the 10 SC chaos warriors, I can replace a couple of older warriors in my 15 man unit and use the sorceror as well, or might even use the updated "slambo" as a chaos lord on foot too, as they are just all great models, even if Khagra herself is the most boring one, mostly because she seems like the start collect unit champion with a womans head.

15 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Aw well I did not expect much yet still let down somehow. The latest DoK warband was really good, while the Ironjawz one was about the same tier as this StD warscroll, which is in the totally pointless and not even "just for fun" category. They are even locked to Ravagers and also undivided. Oh well they can join all the cultist warscrolls to add to the record of the faction with the most useless warscrolls. They are at least simply "plain" not like the Iron Golems Ogor with 1 single 4+/4+ attack ;) 

I will get this warband though, as I got the 10 SC chaos warriors, I can replace a couple of older warriors in my 15 man unit and use the sorceror as well, or might even use the updated "slambo" as a chaos lord on foot too, as they are just all great models, even if Khagra herself is the most boring one, mostly because she seems like the start collect unit champion with a womans head.

Call me crazy but a wizard with effectively 8hp and a good combat profile (all 4 models considered) doesn't seem completely awful.  I mean it's certainly not gonna make everyone rush out to buy it, but I think you could get away with playing it in a list somewhere (which is admittedly not a super high bar).

Personally though, I'm also going with the 1 Sorcerer Lord, 1 Chaos Lord, 2 Exalted Champions, outlook for them.

• Like 2

On the topic of Stormcast in the Cursed City, there is the arrow quiver rumour engine below. Has what looks like the plume most Stormcast primes and heroes have. 

Spoiler

image.jpeg.9b65a01cc283d6a3bb93c7015b7e3665.jpeg

Also noticed that there’s still two very Chaos/StD rumour engines unsolved that go way, way back. I thought the shield might have been from Khagra’s’s Ravagers but it’s not. Any ideas what these could be? 

Spoiler

image.jpeg.fb171c129450e64742df1f0113d5789f.jpegimage.jpeg.a0f94cc32da4aa739c1a429ffba7fb95.jpeg

Edited by NotAWzrd
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, sfe667 said:

That is insanely lame for a stat-block. I didn't expect them to be good, but usually the warbands with wizards have fun unique spells like Zarbag's Face of Da Bad Moon or Fecula's Stream of Corruption. Their increased cost is offset by these unique spells. No one is going to pay 35 more points than a minimum squad of Chaos Warriors for less special abilities, less wounds, not battleline, and can only cast Arcane Bolt and Mystic Shield...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

That is insanely lame for a stat-block. I didn't expect them to be good, but usually the warbands with wizards have fun unique spells like Zarbag's Face of Da Bad Moon or Fecula's Stream of Corruption. Their increased cost is offset by these unique spells. No one is going to pay 35 more points than a minimum squad of Chaos Warriors for less special abilities, less wounds, not battleline, and can only cast Arcane Bolt and Mystic Shield...

They don’t get access to the normal STD spell lore? 

If so, that’s one of the things I found frustrating about the Lumineth one, they chose the keywords on purpose in way to make sure Myari can’t cast anything besides what’s on the Warscroll. He has a Warscroll spell at least, not something fun or awesome though.

I don’t understand why they really try hard for most of the bands to make them pretty much unfun and useless in the main game. 

45 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

If so, that’s one of the things I found frustrating about the Lumineth one, they chose the keywords on purpose in way to make sure Myari can’t cast anything besides what’s on the Warscroll. He has a Warscroll spell at least, not something fun or awesome though.

I don’t understand why they really try hard for most of the bands to make them pretty much unfun and useless in the main game. 

Right?! It doesn't make any sense. It seems like they could make a lot more money if they cross sold their products more. Don't give Underworlds warbands such throw away warscrolls, make Underworlds bands more portable into Warcry, etc.

2 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

I don't see any rule that says the wizard can't access the spell lore. It is just a slaves to darkness wizard after all. Given that a wizard plus a bodyguard of three extra models for 35 points isn't bad. 

Also as said above you could use this warband to make a sorcerer lord an exalted hero and even an alternative slambo. 

• LOVE IT! 1

27 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I don't see any rule that says the wizard can't access the spell lore. It is just a slaves to darkness wizard after all. Given that a wizard plus a bodyguard of three extra models for 35 points isn't bad. 

Also as said above you could use this warband to make a sorcerer lord an exalted hero and even an alternative slambo. 

I don't know how Slaves to Darkness work, but many battletomes have restrictions on what can cast spell lores based on their keywords. The Gloomspite's Boggleye for example is a single character who is a wizard, but can't take from the Gloomspite spell lists because he lacks the Hero keyword. If she can take Lore of the Damned spells then that may be pretty decent, having a wizard with 8 wounds, 4 bodies, and some decent attacks.

35 minutes ago, Chikout said:

That’s why I asked, not familiar with STD, the Lumineth one doesn’t have access to the spell lore because of the way they did the keywords. Otherwise the Warband might have been slightly useful. 

1 hour ago, LuminethMage said:

That’s why I asked, not familiar with STD, the Lumineth one doesn’t have access to the spell lore because of the way they did the keywords. Otherwise the Warband might have been slightly useful. 

It's not as immediately obvious as it could have been noting that the Wizard keyword doesn't sit in the bottom box, but it's keyworded in the text itself. So yes, I would say this can take the StD spell lore. 

It's still very dull though. Undivided isn't the strongest, so it's likely an 8wd unit that operates in complete isolation from the rest of the army. I don't believe it's locked to Ravagers on the basis that you units gain the keyword when you choose the allegiance, which is a plus, but ultimately it comes down to whether you're willing to pay the extra points for what is effectively a weaker Chaos Warrior unit, or a less effective Chaos Sorcerer Lord. 

I'm surprised the 125pts bit hasn't been commented on further. If this is a nod to a AOS 3.0 method of pointing, it's giving the granularity of a 4,000 points system, meaning balance should be far easier to achieve at the lower point levels.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, azdimy said:

I see it as getting a chaos sorcerer lord and 3 cool chaos warriors to complete my existing units for a good price in comparison to the aos cost alternative 

And even if you field them together you get an 8 wound wizard on a 4+ and a 5+ vs mortal wounds. 
but if she doesn’t get acces to the spells that hurts though.  
but mostly for alternative sculpts I agree. 

5 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

I don’t understand why they really try hard for most of the bands to make them pretty much unfun and useless in the main game

Besides two, accidentally, useful warscrolls that seems to be goal. (Shadowstalkers and beast of chaos) 

and I get it. The reason why Skaven one was good is because they were added later and the wording allowed stacking of the command ability. 

it’s a nice gesture that you are allowed to play the side game models in the main game. But adding them to the mix and balancing them internally with all the different unit types in a unit. Let alone balancing them externally, that is probably too much for GW. 
especially with the Warcry warbands that aren’t marked unique and you could spam  

again it’s super nice that I can play my toys, but I don’t expect them to be an integral part of an army when they are often added later. Maybe GW shouldn’t do the scrolls and just advice as what to use them as. Unit champions, alternative heroes etc. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kramer said:

And even if you field them together you get an 8 wound wizard on a 4+ and a 5+ vs mortal wounds. 
but if she doesn’t get acces to the spells that hurts though.  
but mostly for alternative sculpts I agree. 

Besides two, accidentally, useful warscrolls that seems to be goal. (Shadowstalkers and beast of chaos) 

and I get it. The reason why Skaven one was good is because they were added later and the wording allowed stacking of the command ability. 

it’s a nice gesture that you are allowed to play the side game models in the main game. But adding them to the mix and balancing them internally with all the different unit types in a unit. Let alone balancing them externally, that is probably too much for GW. 
especially with the Warcry warbands that aren’t marked unique and you could spam  

again it’s super nice that I can play my toys, but I don’t expect them to be an integral part of an army when they are often added later. Maybe GW shouldn’t do the scrolls and just advice as what to use them as. Unit champions, alternative heroes etc. 

I can understand that they don’t make them too good, but as people mentioned, a fun spell, or even mildly useful would be ok. For example, someone like me would use Myari even if it’s somewhat subpar or fun, simply because I like to play with mages. But, going out of their way to make them really useless and unfun is a problem I think. For most factions this means one additional Warscroll, I doubt this would make balancing that much more difficult for them, and think that’s part of their job. In the case of Myari, it’s not like the scroll would be super powerful if Myari had access to the Lore of Hysh, like any Lumineth mage should. It would be still pretty bad, but you could put them in if you really want to. Right now they are boring and bad. 

I bought the Warband after I knew how bad it is in AoS, I just think they miss out on an opportunity to bring in some fun options. Especially for people who don’t see other large extensions of their faction. I’ll likely get a few more mages in a few months, so I can give it all a shrug, but for other factions a Warband might be all they get for a few years. And then the devs make sure that they are really useless and boring. Just seems strange to me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

On the one hand, I agree that Underworlds and Warcry warbands are not primarily for AoS and that they are playable at all is just a bonus, but on the other hand GW is a multi-million, international company who should really be able to cross-integrate them in a more exciting way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Overread said:

1-2 weeks before release. 

It's also hard to predict if they'll be early or late month, plus there's the Warhammer BL event this month so we don't know if that's going to soak up one of the "release weekends" or not. We just have to practice excessive patience. We know they are coming in Feb, which at absolute worst means pre-orders on the 27th (GW counts release month as the week pre-orders go live, not the week things release in); but I would hope sooner. 

Seems they now count the release day as the release month as the Underworlds road map has the chaos warband being released in February. 

I suspect the slannesh and daughters stuff will go on pre order the 13th of Feb.