The Rumour Thread

54 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Everytime I see an artillery/warmachine on any promotion pic, I remember how meh they are. Players prefer to take 10 more dudes with bows/crossbows than any warmachine/artillery. Common GW, do something!

The model is lovely and I would like to build a second one if they would become viable. Maybe if they keep 30" while the archers go down to 24" attack range they find a place in lists to treat the backfield.

9 minutes ago, Sonnenspeer said:

The model is lovely and I would like to build a second one if they would become viable. Maybe if they keep 30" while the archers go down to 24" attack range they find a place in lists to treat the backfield.

It's probably one of the better artillery pieces as well. Better shooting than most armies get and with good untility. It's just that Sentinels were so absurdly overtuned that the Starshard ballista really had no place in any serious Lumineth list.

10 hours ago, The World Tree said:

That Gaunt Summoner ability is not an NPE. It is a cool (and very rare!) moment. It is a story maker. 

NPE crushes imagination. 

It's NPE right up until you've played against it a few times and realize it's almost never going to go off. Then, when it finally does go off, it's actually fun because it's so unexpected.

• Like 1

Yeah, as the opponent it's your choice to attack him with a hero so unless the player with GS plays gotcha and don't tell you about his ability you know it's a risk you take to attack him with a hero.

It's also possible to play around by either attacking from a distance, attack with non heroes or by overkilling him with a hard-hitting hero.

1 hour ago, Gothmaug said:

Want to fix Artillery? Give it an area of effect instead of a single target. Fixes the whole one shot problem, and makes that one shot actually scary. 

Damage “n/*”

artillery does not deal damage if it targets a troop unit with a wounds characteristic of 6 or less, instead if a target unit fails a save, slay a certain number of models depending on their wounds characteristic. D6 models if the target wounds characteristic is 1-3, d3 models if it’s wound characteristic is 4-6. Deal damage as normal to single model units and units with a wounds characteristic greater than 6.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Beliman said:

Everytime I see an artillery/warmachine on any promotion pic, I remember how meh they are. Players prefer to take 10 more dudes with bows/crossbows than any warmachine/artillery. Common GW, do something!

And it's true for every warmachine in AoS. Nobody takes any of them. But hey, maybe the Ironblaster, the CANNON OF THE SKY TITANS, will do more than D6 damage this time around.

1 minute ago, Still-young said:

The CoS weapons are very cool. I do find it a bit funny how in their stream when they first mentioned them that they would be ‘very different to the Empire’ and everything we’ve seen so far would fit into the Empire range with no issues at all. 

Maybe they are not that different after all

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

It's interesting that they contextualise a fair way off by saying not this year. Still hoping for no later than next autumn. They also mention Aelves and Duardin in pretty much the first sentence. That gives some hope that at least some of them will be sticking around even if they don't get any new minis. One thing I've noticed is that there a quite a few well armoured hands there. Not even the Demigryph Knights have armoured gauntlets. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Chikout said:

It's interesting that they contextualise a fair way off by saying not this year. Still hoping for no later than next autumn. They also mention Aelves and Duardin in pretty much the first sentence. That gives some hope that at least some of them will be sticking around even if they don't get any new minis. One thing I've noticed is that there a quite a few well armoured hands there. Not even the Demigryph Knights have armoured gauntlets. 

Yeah, lots of armored hands there. Not to mention an abundance of axes, maces, hammers, and short, heavy swords. Not something you normally see too much from the old Empire models outside of Warrior Priests and the like. Makes me think we'll see a more medieval-ish aesthetic with heavy armor and heavy, practical weapons over the old feather and pajama look, but not actually lower tech, since we know they still have firearms and probably other steampunk wonders like cogforts and such.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I agree mate!! Id say this time next year for COS, maybe October at the latest.

10 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Actual knightly armour and weapons!

WHAT A DAY!

WHAT A LOVELY DAY!

RIDING SHINY AND CHROME FOR THE GLORY OF SIGMAR!!

2 minutes ago, Chikout said:

The vibe I'm getting is a mash-up of Empire and Bretonnia with a bit of AoS weirdness thrown in. That's an aesthetic I could get behind. 

That sounds like the absolute perfect combination. Peanut Butter and Chocolate of AOS.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

19 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I'm still in the mid-late Spring camp. Seems like a prime spot with nothing else taking it up (and a lot of army releases in the past were during this timeframe).

27 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

vREsTMMo6dG4hTKI.jpg

I can't wait to hear why they use these... hand cannons (?) if they have much more advanced firearms around.

image.png.9b81995cde4b678005216b34c609a172.png

Could be technological regress, but then apparently they also have stuff like cogforts and do regular business with Kharadrons.  

Edited by Flippy
  • Like 2