The Rumour Thread

So a mediun\botton army as fyreslayer got nerfed in their book and is botton now with 40% win rate but a top tier army as dok get his book and only get buffs across the board with 0 nerfs........as always great job balancing as allways

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

why are people criying about lumi getting a book???? 

everyone got 1 foot hero after waitting months for his 2 tome releases. now next wave will be 4 tomes on a shorter delay. and prior wave( sylv) got some new units and the wave after( chaos, will get tons new models). 

so those 4 tomes will be lucky to get a foot hero, im sure some of them wont get even a foot hero. and no army vs army box for sure.

i was sure the order one would be lumi or seraphon and im glad to be lumi. since those poor 4 tomes wont have anything besides a new book. i prefer to wait some months and get a propper release, or at least a new foot saurus hero!

btw khorne cant cry, as every daemon army they allready got tons of new models in aos, every mortal unit, dogs. dogs hero, blosthirst, etc etc they allready got more new models than all idoneth range in all his 4+ years. and they havent been a full edittion without tome lol

Edited by Kitsumy
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, UnholyRevenant said:

Oh!? My picutres got deleted. Did i break some site rules, i apologise if i did, dont want anyone to get into unnecessary trouble

(Sorry, I thought I hit send on the post but apparently not!) 

Please don't post leaked images :)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ragest said:

The thing is that I wouldnt say one more mini for lrl/sce/nh/sylvaneth is taking the slot for fs releases because i don’t think there are any releases anyway for them, so the chances are hoping that everyone gets just one model like you to share your frustration or being happy because your game is getting expanded.

Lets face reality, some armies are trapped in the circle of not having support, not being attractive because of the lack of support and not selling well because they are not attractive, so gw refuses to support them. 
The good part is that nobody is forced to play any army.

Right! I think their would be a mass agreement that Fyreslayers of all first/early edition AOS armies need new unique units (literally could have made the gossiard archers in a dwarf fire theme) but as much as they’d need it, Sylvaneth sells much better. Hence, they got three new units. 

Which sucks beacuse we all could make the case that if they made new units maybe the army would sell more… 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

All Im saying, as a Destruction Fanboy, coming from an incredibly biased place, is that if all Destruction gets during Era of the Beast is Kruelboyz and a Gargant upgrade kit than it would be incredibly disheartening.

Mawtribes or Gloomspite deserve a Wave 2, Mawtribes moreso as the only AOS models theyve recieved is a new Tyrant and terrain piece. 

A new Faction would definately help if this is the case.

Gloomspite had a nice refresh a few years ago. I think gloomspite needs a 3.0 Battletome. Rules would make a big difference for them. But the Ogors could use some refresh for sure. I think the style of the clothes tyrant is the way and let’s lose these shirtless chunkers!!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

Right! I think their would be a mass agreement that Fyreslayers of all first/early edition AOS armies need new unique units (literally could have made the gossiard archers in a dwarf fire theme) but as much as they’d need it, Sylvaneth sells much better. Hence, they got three new units. 

Which sucks beacuse we all could make the case that if they made new units maybe the army would sell more… 

We mostly need factions skipping editions in rules and a 600 page rulebook to retrace the steps of Fantasy.

There is just one to blame for Fyreslayers being treated as poorly as they are: James Workshop himself. 

It's sad to see them leaving slayers who are a legendary and iconic part of Warhammer lore out in the cold like that; but I seriously see no point in blaming the Aelven factions for that. Sure, as everyone knows I'm a Lumineth fan and loyal follower of the Archmage, so you might say I'm biased. 

I'd be salty as well, but blaming Lumineth and Sylvaneth comes across more as a product of (relatable) jealousy than valid point of discussion. At the moment GW don't seem to see too much merit in expanding Fyreslayers, or maybe the just wanted to streamline their rules before souping them together with Dispossessed and/or Fyreslayers towards the end of the edition.

Edited by Maogrim
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

There is just one to blame for Fyreslayers being treated as poorly as they are: James Workshop himself. 

It's sad to see them leaving slayers who are a legendary and iconic part of Warhammer lore out in the cold like that; but I seriously see no point in blaming the Aelven factions for that. Sure, as everyone knows I'm a Lumineth fan and loyal follower of the Archmage, so you might say I'm biased. 

I'd be salty as well, but blaming Lumineth and Sylvaneth comes across more as a product of (relatable) jealousy than valid point of discussion. At the moment GW don't seem to see too much merit in expanding Fyreslayers, or maybe the just wanted to streamline their rules before souping them together with Dispossessed and/or Fyreslayers towards the end of the edition.

I believe that the reason why GW decide not to expand any dwarven army is that they want to soup all dwarfs together in 1 book (KO, FS, Dispossessed) as a new Khazalid Empire and maybe we will get any love when this book will come up(there is a ton of hints in the lore right now). So as I sayed long time ago it looks like we will have 3 books for Elves, 1 for dwarfs, 1 for SCE and 1-2 for Humans. 

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, cofaxest said:

I believe that the reason why GW decide not to expand any dwarven army is that they want to soup all dwarfs together in 1 book (KO, FS, Dispossessed) as a new Khazalid Empire and maybe we will get any love when this book will come up(there is a ton of hints in the lore right now). So as I sayed long time ago it looks like we will have 3 books for Elves, 1 for dwarfs, 1 for SCE and 1-2 for Humans. 

Surely there should be 3 books for the Elven-kings under the sky, 7 books for the Dwarf Lords in their halls of stone and 9 for mortal men(and stormcast) doomed to die. 1 book for the dark lord (Malerion) on his dark throne. In the land of Ulgu where the shadows lie. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11
  • LOVE IT! 5

We are kindof OT Here but: 

I feel Like a lot of people take a rather specific stance towards the developement of the game/miniature line. Which is "i want more of MY stuff.  How dare they do other stuff i do Not want."

WE know GW is miniature/design driven. Their believe is that a great Design will always sell better in the long run. So while loud whining might get one of the "bigbadbusiness" people to preassure for some token release to shut you up actual big growth for a specific line would need visuals and design space for that. Within the GW universe and style, clearly they decided to let go of designs that seem too generic.

We saw this when they first took steps to discontinue Slaanesh, then took a small step with several redesigned Deamons ( all but one of which also work in 40k, so low risk). Only when they felt they had a specific design language for Hedonites and the feedback was positive did we see a full NEW release. 

Now looking at Fireslayers: with the exception of maybe weird cavalry and some weird warmachine there is not really much you can do. By Design they are all naked dwarfs with red hair. It is hard enough to keep apart the few heroes they have!

Until someone figures out a way to expand their aesthetics in an interesting way they will be sidelined. 

As were elves! High Elves were famously MIA after AoS launched. The community was outraged! The design team took its time and developed a NEW Design language for them. And because they learned from the fireslayers incident they kept an option to further add in Elements ( literally. Via the temples). I don not like the army myself ( never did) but you must admit: Well done, GW!

Sylvaneth had some space with "not trees and symbiotic relationships"? First try a single release and when that one works add in more stuff!

It seems the next big thing is going to be "Not Empire" Humans. I am intrigued!

Will classic dwarves get a similar refresh? I hope so. But - again - the Design team works on its own time and will always focus on aesthetics over checking some box on an org chart.

So instead of expecting to get something new just because someone else got something ASK: what new and interesting design could my faction offer? What is missing to make it complete? 

( And then have someone relevant Take notice xD)

PS: and yes, things are never this easy. Like Slaves To Darkness got all the cultist warbands which muddle over the faction design. But they are essentially not AoS, they are Warcry models with AoS rules attached. And it shows.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Koala said:

So instead of expecting to get something new just because someone else got something ASK: what new and interesting design could my faction offer? What is missing to make it complete? 

Imho, this seems like a rather moot question. All factions could offer interesting designs (yes even fyreslayers, from small magmadroths to lava golems, to flamethrowers etc), but that of course require the design team to focus on them, which brings us back to company choices and as such I feel justifies people for being frustrated with the lack of attention for a given factions.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

£67.50 for the standalone Magmadroth? Have GW lost their minds? It was what, £50 before it was bundled with the Start Collecting?

"How to make even LESS people play the least popular AoS faction in 2022. Step 1:"

It was £60 or £65 when it was first released. It actually went down in price when it was bundled with other models. 

I think both Fyreslayers and KO haven't had big updates as others have said at the time they weren't designed to be multiple wave releases, although KO benefited from larger initial releases. AoS was originally designed to offer small forces which would be phased out over time and replaced with something new, but obviously hey have changed tack as we all love our factions. It can take 3-4 years for new design work to result in new releases I think and it looks like Sylvaneth are the first to benefit which is great to see- they were the first faction I saw that made me see the potential of AoS. I think another reason why Fyreslayers and KO might not have seen much  of an update is the dwarf design team might have been seconded to 40k to make sure they got the return of the squats done right. There definitely looks like some similar feels with he new LoV models. When they do get back to dwarfs in AoS I reckon they will be amazing.

A thought did occur to me on Skaven- its strange they haven't gotten much-i'm wondering of they will be the next big bad for 4th edition.. way off but it would be Order vs Chaos and would be just like the Skaven to be lurking and then launch a massive offensive on the unsuspecting realms.. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, silverstu said:

I think both Fyreslayers and KO haven't had big updates as others have said at the time they weren't designed to be multiple wave releases, although KO benefited from larger initial releases. AoS was originally designed to offer small forces which would be phased out over time and replaced with something new, but obviously hey have changed tack as we all love our factions. It can take 3-4 years for new design work to result in new releases I think and it looks like Sylvaneth are the first to benefit which is great to see- they were the first faction I saw that made me see the potential of AoS. I think another reason why Fyreslayers and KO might not have seen much  of an update is the dwarf design team might have been seconded to 40k to make sure they got the return of the squats done right. There definitely looks like some similar feels with he new LoV models. When they do get back to dwarfs in AoS I reckon they will be amazing.

A thought did occur to me on Skaven- its strange they haven't gotten much-i'm wondering of they will be the next big bad for 4th edition.. way off but it would be Order vs Chaos and would be just like the Skaven to be lurking and then launch a massive offensive on the unsuspecting realms.. 

Really appreciate the optimism regarding the Fyreslayers and KO here. Old grognards from Bugman's Brewery like me (and IIRC also you?) remember what it was like to wait like 20 years for monopose Hammerers to be replaced with new monopose Hammerers. True Dawi back then were made of sturdier stuff than these new-fangled Duardin. Those were the days: forums were forums and the potato phone cam hadn't been invented yet... ;)

All jokes aside. I think a lot of the optimism could be extended to the Skaven too. One thing people don't mention so often is that they actually got a new wave of stuff around The End Times which clearly was designed with AoS in mind (e.g. the new Stormfiends). So in that sense they have at least some models that are reasonably up-to-date. What they would benefit from model-wise is a core range refresh. But I think they would also benefit from some lore updates. As of now each of their four great clans are largely the size of a smaller AoS force like Fyreslayers or IDK. Why not say there's a civil war with the conclusion that  Pestilens joins Nurgle and Moulder merges with Skryre - both are thematically reasonable choices - and then invent a new clan to take their place?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Koala said:

We are kindof OT Here but: 

I feel Like a lot of people take a rather specific stance towards the developement of the game/miniature line. Which is "i want more of MY stuff.  How dare they do other stuff i do Not want."

WE know GW is miniature/design driven. Their believe is that a great Design will always sell better in the long run. So while loud whining might get one of the "bigbadbusiness" people to preassure for some token release to shut you up actual big growth for a specific line would need visuals and design space for that. Within the GW universe and style, clearly they decided to let go of designs that seem too generic.

We saw this when they first took steps to discontinue Slaanesh, then took a small step with several redesigned Deamons ( all but one of which also work in 40k, so low risk). Only when they felt they had a specific design language for Hedonites and the feedback was positive did we see a full NEW release. 

Now looking at Fireslayers: with the exception of maybe weird cavalry and some weird warmachine there is not really much you can do. By Design they are all naked dwarfs with red hair. It is hard enough to keep apart the few heroes they have!

Until someone figures out a way to expand their aesthetics in an interesting way they will be sidelined. 

As were elves! High Elves were famously MIA after AoS launched. The community was outraged! The design team took its time and developed a NEW Design language for them. And because they learned from the fireslayers incident they kept an option to further add in Elements ( literally. Via the temples). I don not like the army myself ( never did) but you must admit: Well done, GW!

Sylvaneth had some space with "not trees and symbiotic relationships"? First try a single release and when that one works add in more stuff!

It seems the next big thing is going to be "Not Empire" Humans. I am intrigued!

Will classic dwarves get a similar refresh? I hope so. But - again - the Design team works on its own time and will always focus on aesthetics over checking some box on an org chart.

PS: and yes, things are never this easy. Like Slaves To Darkness got all the cultist warbands which muddle over the faction design. But they are essentially not AoS, they are Warcry models with AoS rules attached. And it shows.

While I agree in principle, I also think a design effort is done in one go with some of the designs not going into production then and there. So all (for example) Kharadron and Fyreslayer models were done in the original wave, and now they are released piecemeal to release *something* until a new design effort is made. This explains why we don't see any lessons learned appear in new models (less stationary designs, any diversity etc).

I don't think that's the case for something like Sylvaneth or Hedonites, which have/had bigger releases.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

It would be nice to see them flex stuff like warcry for other alliances and range updates as well. Spiderfang only needs like 2 kits to be in a good spot (spider riders and a pusgoyle/dragonrider style dual kit for scuttleboss/monstrous cav). Both updated spider riders and updated maneaters would be great fits for warcry now that its moving to ghur. As cool as the cultist models are I'm getting a little worn out on different outfits of chaos marauders at this point.

Absolutely agree mate. I love the Chaos Warbands but after a while they just become another Marauder proxy, the hype behind the Khainite Shadowstalkers was insane. I cannot wait to see what they do with Destruction Warbands, I only hope every Destruction Faction (I can understand Sons of Behemat not getting one) recieves a Warband. 

And for Orruk Warclans please make it either Bonesplitterz or Ironjawz, Kruelboyz have had enough limelight!!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, cofaxest said:

If they wanted they whould've done already,like COS and Warclans already did.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Beliman said:

A friend found something weird in the Ironscale abilities:

01.jpg.47a381354da6ad4328e9fd6e7ea8bb48.jpg

Maybe an errata, maybe a GHB2022 spoiler. But at this moment, you don't need an ability to charge after shooting someone.

Feels like an error and it should be units can still shoot and charge if they've run but I guess we don't know until we do

2 hours ago, Ragest said:

We are going to enjoy the Drukhari of Khaine like 40k did.

Yes seems the case, a 9'7 army got buffed to 10 so seems seraphon\belakoe\nurgle\nighaunt level now.

I dont get how every new 3.0 book got deleted the 100% of the comand habilitys but the most cancerism ca of the game that is shooting twice of morathi havent been deleted,heck even got 0 nerfs.

Why fyreslayers couldnt get this designers team lol

• Confused 1