The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Xasz said:

What's up with this fixation on Chaos Warriors and Knights... there is pretty much no way these models will get an update anytime soon.

Their aesthetics have aged incredibly well and their styles works flawlessly for AoS.

I mean...no?  Like absolutely, in no way are those statements accurate - at least not from my POV.

The Chaos warriors and knights are made from the era where models needed to rank up with each other, and so were sculpted with the most static and boring poses imaginable.

They are among the worst models GW currently produces, second only to zombies and Marauders.  As a core antagonist to GWs storyline, being saddled with such uninspiring models is an absolute crime

7 hours ago, Icegoat said:

They need to update old chaos warriors if this doesn't happen by next Christmas I will be very surprised

I actually think those models stand the test of time very well. Personally, I'd update a few dozen other kits first.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, bsharitt said:

While AoS is certainly more approachable than WHFB and to a lesser extent 40k, they could probably do a little better. 

I would love to see a book/magazine/web video that walks players through the far, far too complicated process of building an army list.

There are too many options, too many rules sources, too much 'stuff' to take into account to just build a list with full knowledge of your options.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Chaos warriors are beautiful models in my opinion, some of my favourite in the Chaos range.

Personally I cannot see Slaves to Darkness going away any time soon with the battle box this Christmas. It would really annoy anyone who purchases it if they were to discontinue the army in the next year or two.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, mikethefish said:

They are among the worst models GW currently produces, second only to zombies and Marauders.  As a core antagonist to GWs storyline, being saddled with such uninspiring models is an absolute crime

🤨

No offense, but you either are very new to the hobby or have an poor overview of what kind of abominations are still circulating. Maybe take a gander into the Destruction section...

Either way, to somehow get back to rumours and what's to come.

There is only a very slim chance that warriors and similar chaos models are redone/getting an update before 2020+. If Darkoath are not a stand-alone book and there is an Everchosen + StD + Darkoath mashup battletome, this chance is pretty much zero. Seemingly some people around here are not too happy about this reality, but it's important to manage your expectations (especially in a rather slow moving hobby).

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

We're seeing this in the marauders being superseded by darkoath, and in truth I welcome this, as they're an army and aesthetic I've long looked forward to - and a worthy successor to the marauders of old.

Think it's far too soon to categorically say this.

8 hours ago, Malin said:

Got this notification on facebook about picture on age of Sigmar, time 22:05 yesterday, upon visiting the site, there seems to be no post with this date.

Is it a reference to rumor engine or maybe something else? Any guesses or clues?

664275928_Capture_2018-11-14-00-35-00.png.396a6a096c23c16a68e25e446bcec8a3.png

Community website went down for a short while yesterday evening on one of the other FB groups they were saying it was a possibly Nurgling infestation :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Telling random strangers about plastic is a dumb way to get a p45. 

People getting funny about rumours etc is probably why some don't even bother posting anymore. And the #pleasantforplastic rules which prevent genuine leaks. 

You are posting a lot of sarcastic and bitter remarks about this forum, its rules, and people who post here. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, stato said:

You are posting a lot of sarcastic and bitter remarks about this forum, its rules, and people who post here. 

I've amended the original post to be fairer and more respectful in tone.

I was frustrated that in trying to share a rumour, something a lot of people have been clamouring for (re: discussions about too much speculation, not enough rumours),, there seemed to be some negative backlash.

2 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I've amended the original post to be fairer and more respectful in tone.

I was frustrated that in trying to share a rumour, something a lot of people have been clamouring for (re: discussions about too much speculation, not enough rumours),, there seemed to be some negative backlash.

Just to add the two cents from the other side of the spectrum. GW is so in control of leaks there are close to none rumours. But when something is their, it sparks conversation. And those are far more interesting in my mind. For example the remark someone made about GW focussing on new instead of replacing old kits, came from the conversation about the chaos warriors and knights models because of a rumour about Darkoath. Which in turn also sparked an interesting conversation about where it all would fit with the next expand is being confirmed destruction and wrath & blood fitting in somewhere in there as well.

Again, to each their own, but if I wanted only a prediction of what’s to come without the reactions of others... I’ll just read the community page 😅

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 2

Not a rumour because we already know that ther will be a new GH 2019 edition. But they are starting working on it, and they want to know what we think and what we want  to see in the new edition here.

Really happy to see a lot of KO players praying for new mechanics or point reductions.

4 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Not a rumour because we already know that ther will be a new GH 2019 edition. But they are starting working on it, and they want to know what we think and what we want  to see in the new edition here.

Really happy to see a lot of KO players praying for new mechanics or point reductions.

Here's a thread dedicated to the new Facebook post for those interested:

Thread Link

• LOVE IT! 1

15 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Think it's far too soon to categorically say this.

Community website went down for a short while yesterday evening on one of the other FB groups they were saying it was a possibly Nurgling infestation :D

Well, I wasn't actually saying that the darkoath were the new marauders although that's exactly how it read!

what I was trying to get at was that GW back at the birth of AoS made it clear that the old world factions were resigned to history and as such not getting any more  updates or new models.

However,  I took that to mean the old world armies themselves (Warriors of Chaos, Beastmen, Dark Elves et. al).

We've seen that the new factions have emerged and sucked in those old model lines with a rebox and a rename - witch elves become daughter of Khaine etc.

They said that the new factions would be getting the new models, so don't expect to get a new chaos chosen for your Warriors of Chaos compendium for example.

Nor did I ever expect that the chaos warriors would get a model overhaul and still be called chaos warriors for example, but they might be a new Doomsworn warrior or whatever for the Slaves to darkness faction.

In the same way that I never saw "new" chaos marauder sculpts coming out and being called chaos marauders.  Perhaps it would have been better to say that the Darkoath are the barbarian marauder tribes of the Age of Sigmar in the same way that the Chaos Marauders (khurgan, hung etc) were the barbarian marauder tribes of the old world.

Its also easy to forget for new players that the old model lines by AoS standards are quite static - as mentioned in the Warriors post a few pages back, yet you need to remember that they had to rank up side by side on square bases - AoS gives the designers so much more design freedom in this respect, which is a great thing as we know that so many of the early AoS release models were date stamped from back in fantasy, and thus were waiting in the wings for a very long time.

They would have never made it to a fantasy table top as ranking them up would have been a nightmare unless the base size changed.

I probably still haven't really made what I was trying to get at any clearer.. oh well!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

We've seen that the new factions have emerged and sucked in those old model lines with a rebox and a rename - witch elves become daughter of Khaine etc.

They said that the new factions would be getting the new models, so don't expect to get a new chaos chosen for your Warriors of Chaos compendium for example.

Nor did I ever expect that the chaos warriors would get a model overhaul and still be called chaos warriors for example, but they might be a new Doomsworn warrior or whatever for the Slaves to darkness faction.

In the same way that I never saw "new" chaos marauder sculpts coming out and being called chaos marauders.  Perhaps it would have been better to say that the Darkoath are the barbarian marauder tribes of the Age of Sigmar in the same way that the Chaos Marauders (khurgan, hung etc) were the barbarian marauder tribes of the old world.

This. I've always though that GW missed a trick by not combined Chaos Chosen into the Everchosen Faction.  That always made sense in my head.

For me it's been very clear that Blightkings and Blood Warriors are filling the Chaos Warrior with mark of god role. 

For me it's never made sense to have BOTH Everchosen and Slaves to Darkness. I'd prefer one sub-faction with Chaos Undivided potential.

TBH though GW needs to do some serious work on the Chaos factions. There is major potential here. E.g. we have Tzaangors why don't we have Pestigors (as a unique unit).  And we have growing confusion around the Dark Oath. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Turgol said:

Darkoath = human tribes that adore the Chaos Gods pre turning to chaos warriors. Same old marauder story. Just adapted to the mortal realms with new aesthetics (and much more developped, at least as models, than marauder ever were).

Exactly.

29 minutes ago, zedatkinszed said:

This. I've always though that GW missed a trick by not combined Chaos Chosen into the Everchosen Faction.  That always made sense in my head.

For me it's been very clear that Blightkings and Blood Warriors are filling the Chaos Warrior with mark of god role. 

For me it's never made sense to have BOTH Everchosen and Slaves to Darkness. I'd prefer one sub-faction with Chaos Undivided potential.

TBH though GW needs to do some serious work on the Chaos factions. There is major potential here. E.g. we have Tzaangors why don't we have Pestigors (as a unique unit).  And we have growing confusion around the Dark Oath. 

Even GW knows they shouldn't be two different factions, they are Archaon's armies after all and they've been presenting them together for quite some time already so it's likely that when the battletome drops, all the undivided factions (Everchosen, Slaves to Darkness and Daemons of Chaos, maybe even the giant and the monsters) will be merged together, just like they did with the other gods. In fact, that would leave the Grand Alliance complete save for the skaven, who will probably get a tome that merges them aswell and Slaanesh, that will join soon too.

Edited by AshCrow

Legion of Nagash style of battletomes for 

- skaven (ALL of THEM rats!)

- mortals (everchosen+slaves to darkness+darkoath= some bigger monsters like giants...)

(They already did it for chaos beasts.)

And we're done for Chaos for a very long time (knowing that the slanesh one is already sheduled in the GW agenda)

On 6/25/2018 at 6:46 AM, michu said:

@Enoby For interesting Khorne minions you really should read Spear of Shadows -  Ahazian Kel, Last Prince of Ekran and Eight Smiths show that Khorne is not only "Blood for the blood god!" (or at least that you can still be thinking clear, even being servant of the blood god).

On 6/25/2018 at 8:30 AM, Brad Gamma said:

This x100. I have never been particular interested in Khorne, and I found the bloodbound dull, perhaps because of their prevalence in the release of AoS. However having read spear of shadows and followed Ahazian Kel's hunt for his prize, I am a convert. I will now very likely make a khorne skirmish warband at some point.

Well done @JReynolds, you sneaky genius.

Has anybody realised that a Knight-Venator  from the Hallow Knights in Plague Garden also claims to be the last prince of Ekran? 

I'd even say he seems to share some of the traits, (especially in his pride for his martial skills). 

Edited by Ninelives
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Not a rumour, or a wishlist,... or news. Rather a whats next?. Slaanesh redone is a given, and theres been talks of darkoath/everchosen getting some attention, which would mean all 4 and divided would have their fill. Moonclan are comeing around next. So whats the next big thing going from there?

I don’t want to lead this with wishlist or just speculation, but releases tend to follow the trend of going with the fluff and if Slaanesh is so intrinsically linked with the light and dark aelves could we safley say that Malerion and maybe tyrion/ teclis would follow not far behind. If Moraathi and Alarielle are the bnchmark then the rest of aelven of Pantheon can be nothing but great. 

Things have slowed down a fair bit for AoS after Nighthaunt, which is fair because it’s been a great year so far for releases. Very excited to see what 2019 brings.

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Not a rumour, or a wishlist,... or news. Rather a whats next?. Slaanesh redone is a given, and theres been talks of darkoath/everchosen getting some attention, which would mean all 4 and divided would have their fill. Moonclan are comeing around next. So whats the next big thing going from there?

Well there always the chance of another StormCast chamber opening in 2019 :)

JK, I hope they tone SC release down for at least one year.

If Darkoath is not a totally new army and just a expansion of STD and Everchosen, it quite possible they release a brand new AoS army like they have done previous years (Deepkin and KO) and hopefully give it to another GA for once.

38 minutes ago, novakai said:

If Darkoath is not a totally new army and just a expansion of STD and Everchosen, it quite possible they release a brand new AoS army like they have done previous years (Deepkin and KO) and hopefully give it to another GA for once.

IGrotbag Scuttlers vs Undead Pirates box set summer 2019. You heard it here first. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2