The Rumour Thread

On 10/9/2021 at 6:17 PM, Noserenda said:

But seriously, the Forgeworld Chaos dwarves at recaster prices have long been a powerful temptation, especially now they are OOP, jussst not quite enough to cross the line to supporting that horror. (Its wildly offtopic but a mate saw a recaster operation in China and it was baaad).

Would you (or your mate) care to go into detail on what they saw at that operation? Recasters are growing in popularity, and I think a lot of "fence sitters" would find a write up on that topic interesting. 

4 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Although even the tagged photo looks way better than the actual model:

grafik.png.2b342b66880aa397aa6c1389f5139cf1.png

I think this Xandire has to be one of the worst 'eavy Metal paintjobs in recent memory. They just didn't get her face right at all, to the point where I believe that the average player-painted model will probably look better than the GW official paint job.

There are just so many questionable decisions here, between the weird mouth, kinda dirty looking skin, wrong hair colour and inexplicable bit of metal in front of her face.

You guys are really hard to please. All the talk about Chaos Dwarves, Tomb Kings and Bretonia but no one is feeling warm and nostalgic about the return of classic GW female faces?!? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

3 hours ago, silverstu said:

So are we hoping for a new model Monday pic today? Maybe a teaser for Warcry or something from the next Underworlds war band for this season? I think those are the only things coming up before Christmas which are unknown at this stage [Templars are fully revealed as are the next Killteam models]. 

Maybe a surprise of some sort? [Hopefully someone short with a beard, armour and a big axe...]😇

I truly hope so mate!! My only concern is no model reveals were mentioned in This Week in Warhammer yesterday as they have previous weeks. Fingers crossed it was just forgotten and we see either a new Underworlds or Warcry mini!!

17 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I truly hope so mate!! My only concern is no model reveals were mentioned in This Week in Warhammer yesterday as they have previous weeks. Fingers crossed it was just forgotten and we see either a new Underworlds or Warcry mini!!

it's a blood bowl model https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/11/unleash-the-bloodspawn-and-paint-the-astrogranite-red-with-gore/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/11/celebrate-warhammer-day-this-october-with-two-sensational-new-miniatures/

Preview on the 30th of October. Hopefully we will see the Chaos battletome that should be coming in November and a sort of roadmap for AOS, like the one 40k got last year (we knew that Blood Angels, Space Wolves and Death Guard would be dropping in October/November/December). Also, the Vampire looks amazing.

• LOVE IT! 2

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

This might be my favourite limited mini so far. 3XhZBG7mmxWD9UK3.jpg.989966095601edf603cab02c2b58b5c4.jpg

It looks like October 30th will be the day when we finally get some news about the future of AoS. 

That’s a sweet looking vampire! Really like the pose although not a great picture as took me a few moments to realise she was pointing at me 😁

Hopefully the stream will showcase a lot of cool stuff.

3 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

That’s a sweet looking vampire! Really like the pose although not a great picture as took me a few moments to realise she was pointing at me 😁

Hopefully the stream will showcase a lot of cool stuff.

totally agree.

Primaris dude can go do one - she's where it's at.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kaleb Daark said:

totally agree.

Primaris dude can go do one - she's where it's at.

Wait, hold on a moment! There is a chance to pick up A PRIMARIS LIEUTENANT? With SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT WEAPONS??? Well, I know where my money is going this month!

That vampire lady is rad, though. I was looking to pick up a foot Vampire Lord and I like Nosferata over here. Will look great next to Lady Annika with her classic Dracula hair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

46 minutes ago, Thaliontil said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/11/celebrate-warhammer-day-this-october-with-two-sensational-new-miniatures/

Preview on the 30th of October. Hopefully we will see the Chaos battletome that should be coming in November and a sort of roadmap for AOS, like the one 40k got last year (we knew that Blood Angels, Space Wolves and Death Guard would be dropping in October/November/December). Also, the Vampire looks amazing.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!! This is it Mortals!! The one we've been waiting for!! We havent had an Online Preview in, what, 4 months? Theres going to be an immense amount of stuff to show here, AOS or otherwise.

I could definitely see a road map for Underworlds, something for Warcry and a Preview of the next Chaos Battletome!!

I'd also wager we will see the update for a future Faction, fingers crossed for Ogor Mawtribes!! I'm so excited guys, and on Halloween eve!! 

Forgot to mention how awesome that Vampire is!!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Wait, hold on a moment! There is a chance to pick up A PRIMARIS LIEUTENANT? With SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT WEAPONS??? Well, I know where my money is going this month!

The sad part about that joke is that this is actually the first time you can buy the lieutenant on that configuration on his own. You either have to buy the recruit box or you have to convert him from the bladeguard veteran kit (wich is what 99% of people did)

33 minutes ago, Chikout said:

This might be my favourite limited mini so far. 3XhZBG7mmxWD9UK3.jpg.989966095601edf603cab02c2b58b5c4.jpg

It looks like October 30th will be the day when we finally get some news about the future of AoS. 

I don't get it is this a limited time model it is so much better than the generic Vampire. Like why the artificial scarcity on models? 

I would willingly pay for certain models but they either were unavailable or I was not collecting the faction at the time. But I could not get that Tournament Exclusive Chaos Lord and would have gladly paid for it. I do not know if I will ever start a death army but this vampire will not be around if I do and it is frustrating. 

• Like 4

"Okay you two, show me your Warhammer Day miniature designs! Jenkins, you and the AoS team first."
"Yes, sir! We concocted a new gothic, unique, distinctive Vampire Lord!"
"That looks great Jenkins! Leroy, have the 40k team made for us?"
"Oh, uhhh, well, I... err... we... well w- we changed the head on a Bladeguard Veteran and..."

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18
  • LOVE IT! 1

44 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

"Okay you two, show me your Warhammer Day miniature designs! Jenkins, you and the AoS team first."
"Yes, sir! We concocted a new gothic, unique, distinctive Vampire Lord!"
"That looks great Jenkins! Leroy, have the 40k team made for us?"
"Oh, uhhh, well, I... err... we... well w- we changed the head on a Bladeguard Veteran and..."

hqdefault.jpg

6 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Screenshot_20211011_173117.jpg.b750e5f023d99f3691bd2134bb2bf5fc.jpg

This primaris guy has to be the most low effort one to date. Barely any different from the bladeguard and is overshadowed in every single way by the vampire lady.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Not that I want the thread to turn into 40K bashing, but this is my thoughts on 40K exactly... 😂

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sharkbelly said:

Not that I want the thread to turn into 40K bashing, but this is my thoughts on 40K exactly... 😂

Not liking Space Marines is not the same thing as 40k bashing... well it shouldn't be but since they are the only thing with actual support I guess it sorta is the same thing ☹️

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Landohammer said:

Would you (or your mate) care to go into detail on what they saw at that operation? Recasters are growing in popularity, and I think a lot of "fence sitters" would find a write up on that topic interesting. 

Essentially a relatively small badly ventilated side workshop crammed full of people wearing little if any PPE and knocking out casts of various things, they recognise pokemon and krieg minis alongside a bunch of other things the manager showed them as a sample, i suspect it was all knock off recasts destined for one of various websites or similar. Given the workers risking cancer and such were all probably paid pennies its particularly gross. 

• Sad 4