The Rumour Thread

I just realized I had missed the last five minutes of the Grim Dark Live stream. Yes, they really said it. They said new Chaos Dwarfs are really coming and they'll have more info on them they will reveal soon. They also said they won't be named that, which is kind of obvious, but still. These guys were completely right about Dominion alongside Whitefang and they're still got rumors in the wild on the new army which we'll see soon enough if they're true. Saying Chaos Dwarfs are actually coming is a pretty big statement to put your reputation on unless you're certain about it.

Chorf bros... is this what hope feels like?

On 5/29/2021 at 11:56 AM, Public Universal Duardin said:

DawiZharrHappy.png

PRAISE HASHUT!

Edited by FFJump
  • Like 9
  • LOVE IT! 2

Oh man the KruleBoyz are superb, i really dig into the aesthetic. The only thing i think is out of place are the hobgrots, its like they don't belong among the others.

Also seeing the full panoramic picture of SC vs Boyz i noticed how forced the stormcast are into the setting. Imaging getting a human faction instead... such a missed opportunity.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So, what do you think about 3.0? Sigmar himself showed some points that I'm a bit intrigued:

1. More Command Points (something that was expected with the leaks)
  2. Heroic Actions? What does it mean? Challenge? Special CAs? 
  3. Buffed Charge Phase for Monstruos Creatures (generic rules for monsters?)
  4. Who goes second have more Command Points to spend with...
  5. ...Reactive Command Abilities in each phase of the game. That means a lot of less down-time (no need to wait 40minuts!!! hurraaaa!!).
  6. Predatory Endless Spells moving in each Hero Phase. Bound Endless Spells buffs (?). Time will tell... hope to see more crazy stuff for everyone.
  7. Core Batallions with new abilities... wasn't expecting abilities but it's a nice touch. Hope to see more information about that.
  8. Crusade 2.0: Path to Glory. 

A lot of things, and some of them are a bit strange with the actual rule-set. I can't wait to learn more!!

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

If they redesign the Chorfs to be reminiscent of the ones of WHFB, i hope they combine the two styles. Have the soldiers look like the cool Azgorh troops (fireglaives and such), and the priests/engineers look like the big hat Babylonians.

Or I hope they go nutty with it and they are all silly half-armored bucketheads like the Chorf from Warcry, or crazy looking demonic armor.

I'm a big fans of the big hats from 4th edition, but after seeing how the kruleboyz take clues from the very early editions of Fantasy, I wonder if new chorfs won't be referencing their first miniatures.
1505269286_ChaosDwarfsbox2.JPG.4ff7bcf455a4a744ac346cf49e7e84d4.JPG

Now, won't be fun if these darkmasters have nothing to do with chaos dwarfs, and GW is just teasing us like with that bull-shaped endless spell?
After all, a world has beed destroyed and eons have pased since the hobgoblins served the dawi zharr, I don't see why they'd be eager to get back to that dynamic.
Unless of course, these hobgrots are the darkmaster's creation...

Edited by Jator
Picture from https://maraudersandcitadels.blogspot.com/2014/08/chaos-dwarfs.html
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Jator said:

I'm a big fans of the big hats from 4th edition, but after seeing how the kruleboyz take clues from the very early editions of Fantasy, I wonder if new chorfs won't be referencing their first miniatures.

I've still got some of those :D

8 hours ago, Vomikron said:

If it’s true that Chaos Dwarfs will come along eventually I really hope they more like the AoS model they released and less like the Forgeworld ones.

EDB6C813-EF3D-4395-A147-F2E386C94140.jpeg

That model was the gamesday forgeword special model, and  like Shaartor the executioner were FW AoS era chaos dwarfs.  :)

4 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

A minor thing to note is that, if I'm remembering things right, the Legion of Azgorh models were never meant to be a replacement to the old Chorf designs. As the name implies, they were their own subset of Chorfs with a distinct look, the same as Tamurkhan's horde was to Chaos Warriors. You can see some of the LoA units still had the same design cues as the oldschool Chorfs, such as the crew members on the artillery.

Whether or not GW sticks with that for a hypothetical Chorf revival/reinvention remains to be seen.

Absolutely, the Legion was a military and penal colony, hence its own very different aesthetic so as not to tread on the toes of, and replace the original big hats.

3 hours ago, Greybeard86 said:

Ouch! Chorfs are better on display anyway, but never understood why there hasn’t been more outrage over the recent trends in “legending”.

I know, I tried, but as an army of one.. what can I do.

3 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

At this point, getting any Forgeworld (boxed games excluded) for anything but the model alone is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Yes Yes and thrice Yes.

I keep wanting to drop on that khorne dragon, but it's an expensive ornament.

1 hour ago, FFJump said:

Saying Chaos Dwarfs are actually coming is a pretty big statement to try put your reputation on unless you're certain about it.

PRAISE HASHUT!

Praise Hashut indeed - Here's hoping and also nervously praying I don't get a half naked gully dwarf with an armoured fish bowl on his head.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vomikron said:

If it’s true that Chaos Dwarfs will come along eventually I really hope they more like the AoS model they released and less like the Forgeworld ones.

They will look like the Total War: Warhammer 3 models CA and GW work on and probably release for The Old World. Just like Kislev. I doubt we will ever see an AOS-ified version of Chaos Dwarfs.

22 minutes ago, Jator said:

My god, every single one of these names is 10/10. 'Drum & Drone Ulsen'. 'Pulper Spikehead'.

7 hours ago, FFJump said:

Yeah, Furnace Kings is the name thrown around in some of the lore. StD calls them the Furnace Kings of Azgorh. In the Warcry novel and Eight Lamentations they're also called just Furnace Kings. The Bonereapers battletome calls them "infernal duardin", the Fyreslayer's White Dwarf article, the Sons of Behemat battletome, and the Chaos novel where they appear in the camp (I forgot the name of the book) just calls them Chaos-worshipping duardin.

This is one of the cool things, that there's clearly been space made in AoS for

(i) 'regular' chaos dwarves in the sense of random dwarves who worship the dark gods (a bit like these early WHFB chaos dwarf renegades) and fight at the Varanspire

and

(ii) these Furnace Kings/Infernal Duardin/Legion of Azgorh/Hashut-worshippers, who are clearly the heirs of the Babylonian-inspired guys of 4th ed. WHFB onwards.

It does look like the stuff hinted about the Hobgrots is leaning towards the latter in some form.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Bluesummers said:

The only thing i think is out of place are the hobgrots, its like they don't belong among the others.

I do not think they are meant to,  the stream stated they have a bigger boss that they work for and a re kind of intermediaries for him/her/it. So I think they intentionally look separate.

44 minutes ago, Jator said:

Now, won't be fun if these darkmasters have nothing to do with chaos dwarfs, and GW is just teasing us like with that bull-shaped endless spell?
After all, a world has beed destroyed and eons have pased since the hobgoblins served the dawi zharr, I don't see why they'd be eager to get back to that dynamic.

I hope they don't just make them chaos little dudes/ettes.

This is a matter of taste, but I don't think those early chorfs were that interesting.

The problem with their next iteration is that it was too derpy, even for my derpy taste (I like metal slayers).

The latest version was great, for my taste, with top hats but not looking straight out from a cartoon.

That said, with high magic everyone, I really want them to be the "mad&dark uncontrolled industrialism of London's smog". With a touch of magic and mutation, but secundary to that grimy cruel industrial complex with slaves (lumpenprol.). That used to be GW's jamp, don't know if they'll have what it takes to pull it now :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

So, what do you think about 3.0? Sigmar himself showed some points that I'm a bit intrigued:

1. More Command Points (something that was expected with the leaks)
  2. Heroic Actions? What does it mean? Challenge? Special CAs? 
  3. Buffed Charge Phase for Monstruos Creatures (generic rules for monsters?)
  4. Who goes second have more Command Points to spend with...
  5. ...Reactive Command Abilities in each phase of the game. That means a lot of less down-time (no need to wait 40minuts!!! hurraaaa!!).
  6. Predatory Endless Spells moving in each Hero Phase. Bound Endless Spells buffs (?). Time will tell... hope to see more crazy stuff for everyone.
  7. Core Batallions with new abilities... wasn't expecting abilities but it's a nice touch. Hope to see more information about that.
  8. Crusade 2.0: Path to Glory. 

A lot of things, and some of them are a bit strange with the actual rule-set. I can't wait to learn more!!

I am tentatively excited! Definitely want to learn more.

Reactions in every phase seem like a very good step. I often thought that interactivity during your opponent's turn was something that was missing from AoS, compared to games like Magic, for example. I think it will solve a lot of problems, including stuff like the negative play experience of going up against "control" armies.

What seems most interesting to me are heroic actions and monsters doing extra stuff during the charge phase. It seems that the rules writers are trying to differentiate the battlefield roles in an interesting way. I think this is a really good move. At the moment, everything has to be measured against infantry, because bodies on objectives win games. So if a hero cannot do something infantry can't do (like have a huge flying move or give out good buffs), you are not taking them for their damage or defensive strength.

However, if a hero can do interesting things that regular guys cannot, this might well change in AoS 3. Maybe you will suddenly want to take small foot combat heroes, after all. Maybe monsters will not just be like other troops, but worse in combat and can't capture. Something I fully expect to see is that the new rumoured charge reactions like +1 to saves will be infantry (battleline?) only, too. I am also hoping to see the introduction of a cavalry battlefield role with its own specific abilities.

Core battalions also sound very nice. I think generic battalions being available to everyone will make going low or high drops an actual decision.

• LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Jator said:

I could also imagine these guys referenced in a WHU warband, in a similar way that Slambo was, leaving the full AoS faction (or StD subfaction) free to be full on big haut assyrians

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Fallen? Fallen?

they never fell.  They saw hashuts embrace and look at what they’ve achieved.  Not for them abandoned dwarf hold plagued by rats and goblins.

if in doubt, torch it out.

NOT PROPER DWARFS

2 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Out of curiosity, which Battletomes do you think will get updated first, after the two launch armies? 

I think first battle tomes form an Order perspective could be Sylvaneth or new Dwarfs - both seem heavily mentioned on the build up to AoS3. Maybe Chaos Dwarfs as they are being mentioned in rumours now?

Edited by silverstu
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Out of curiosity, which Battletomes do you think will get updated first, after the two launch armies? 

I reckon it’ll be SCE and OWC (with new Kruleboyz), and then either Nurgle or Deepkin (cause they’re the other 1.0 tomes), followed by Nighthaunt and/or Khorne. From there it’s a tossup.

I'm not so sure about that. 

Deepkin, Nighthaunt & Khorne surely could use an upgrade, but I'd expect them to be upgraded "on the fly" in off months with very little focus on new models. A bit like the DoK update. DoK are also a good example on why that doesn't have to be a bad thing.

Nurgle doesn't fit the destruction theme, but we also have Life itself on the rise. So my guess would be that both Nurgle and Sylvaneth are high on the update list. But maybe not high enough to actually be the first ones. After all Alarielle just got her Warscroll update in Broken Realms: Kraglol. 

So maybe it's a few fresh releases first and then two upgrades. In that case, Nurgle & Sylvaneth.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FFJump said:

I just realized I had missed the last five minutes of the Grim Dark Live stream. Yes, they really said it. They said new Chaos Dwarfs are really coming and they'll have more info on them they will reveal soon. They also said they won't be named that, which is kind of obvious, but still. These guys were completely right about Dominion alongside Whitefang and they're still got rumors in the wild on the new army which we'll see soon enough if they're true. Saying Chaos Dwarfs are actually coming is a pretty big statement to put your reputation on unless you're certain about it.

PRAISE HASHUT!

They are called the Furnace Kings' in AOS 

5 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

In regards to Underworlds I wonder where the next Season will take place? This Edition is set in Ghur but so were the last 2 Seasons of Underworld? 

So possibly next could be Khorne and Gloomspite then Nighthaunt and Mawtribes.

I am calling it here folks underworlds will be Shadow Aelves vs Chorfs in the ultimate fanservice boxset ever made!

Then like Kurnothi the rest of the community will know the joys and pains of hope!

• Haha 1

In regards to Underworlds I wonder where the next Season will take place? This Edition is set in Ghur but so were the last 2 Seasons of Underworld? Maybe itll switch up Realms? I'm also wondering what Factions will get Warbands this Season. I'd say it's safe to say Kruelboyz will be included and perhaps SCE.

My completely wild and random predictions. 

Next setting will be Ghyran. 

Warbands we will see is SCE, Kruelboyz, Skaven, Sylvaneth and Chaos Dwarfs

Edited by King Under the Mountain

In regards to Underworlds I wonder where the next Season will take place? This Edition is set in Ghur but so were the last 2 Seasons of Underworld? Maybe itll switch up Realms? I'm also wondering what Factions will get Warbands this Season. I'd say it's safe to say Kruelboyz will be included and perhaps SCE.

My bet is either Ulgu, Ghyran or Chamon tbh - we haven’t seen much of Ulgu (plus it could hint to future lore stuff like the return of Slaanesh in the same way Beastgrave led to the Era of Beasts), Ghyran seems to be in ascendancy alongside Ghur thanks to the lifequake, and Chamon seems like a good location for a dungeon crawler setting like Underworlds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I am calling it here folks underworlds will be Shadow Aelves vs Chorfs in the ultimate fanservice boxset ever made!

Then like Kurnothi the rest of the community will know the joys and pains of hope!

Chaos dwarves vs Valaya dwarves!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3