The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Feii said:

The Kharadron Overlords and Fyreslayers have been getting along better – the return of Grungni the Maker was a beacon of hope for all duardin. 

Is this a spoiler as well? 

@silverstu

Seems like it for the rumored combined duardin book. Also a weird note is they pair up Idoneth and DoK (not what I expected).

I’m ngl the moment I saw Idoneth and Daughters together I had a heart attack, thinking they were gonna get souped. Thankfully, it just seems to be about the BR Morathi alliance. The Kharadron-Fyreslayers thing is... very questionable, but I’m still optimistic. I doubt they’d soup them - even GW can’t be tone deaf enough as to make 3-4 Aelf books with only 1 Duardin one. They KNOW the outcry it would bring.

15 minutes ago, Doko said:

Again other spoiler about dwarf mixed tome even if some people dont want it seems is coming for sure.

I hope they dont forget the dispossessed in that tome as they only mention fyreslayers and kharadrons

They montion them when: 

the races of mankind, duardin, and aelf have settled some of their differences and dedicated themselves to taking back as much of the Mortal Realms as they can. 

Likely talking about cities.

Now i really want the detail becuase if it's like they write it's a pretty disappointing ending for the destruction substory... especially compared to the other books. Like all the buildup and it ends in nothing?

Edited by Vongolo

7 minutes ago, Vongolo said:

They montion them when: 

the races of mankind, duardin, and aelf have settled some of their differences and dedicated themselves to taking back as much of the Mortal Realms as they can. 

Now i really want the detail becuase if it's like they write it's a pretty disappointing ending for the destruction substory... especially compared to the other books. Like all the buildup and it ends in nothing?

Its because Destruction is a headline, not a narrative

in all seriousness, theyve always struggled to do this

Gonna spoiler this since this article literally spoils the plot of Kragnos, but it confirms my thoughts on Gordrakk. Also it confirms that they need the basic plot of kragnos out for Dominion to make sense.

Spoiler

"Kragnos rallied the Moonclan Grots under Skragrott and orruks of the mighty warboss Gordrakk"

Grots under skragrott.

Orruks of Gordrakk, not under gordrakk.

This confirms that Gordrakk is gonna job for kragnos, which is pretty much exactly what I expected since there was no other way for this plot to go. They've forced "Destruction Archaon" into the grand alliance without proper buildup and with a warscroll that doesn't bring anything unique to the table for destruction. Kragnos literally pops out of a hole in the ground, and steals Gordrakk's army which has been a narrative since forbidden power because they think destruction needs an expensive model all the armies can use.

It's bad writing driven by a business decision.

• Thanks 7
  • Sad 5

22 minutes ago, Vongolo said:

They montion them when: 

Well technically destruction is on the rise in the 3rd edition so it makes sense that BR does not cover them up enough.

On the Grungni part:i don't get if the return of Grungni they talk about is the reunion with sigmar or they means that Gromthi was his return.

Still the whole fyreslayers  and Kharadron  cooperating seems more something about the plotline of the duardrazhal and the idea of getting back the karaks.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Well technically destruction is on the rise in the 3rd edition so it makes sense that BR does not cover them up enough.

On the Grungni part:i don't get if the return of Grungni they talk about is the reunion with sigmar or they means that Gromthi was his return.

Yeah, I think that's pretty unclear for now.  Maybe Grungni reveals himself in Kragnos?

• Like 1

This hobby is so expensive and when you put all the time, effort and money into an army you usually want to see GW put continued effort into it as well. You get wrapped up in lore, rumours and tournament play and I find are usually rooting for the armies you play at events. All this considered, if I was a Fyreslayer player or KO player (I did play KO btw and sold my army recently) I wouldn't be happy to see me army souped. I don't mind something being added in the lore but if I play army A and it is souped with army B I would be kind of annoyed personally because if I wanted to play a different army I would have done so in the first place. I would prefer they add on to these armies and keep them separate. Maybe add some souping rules in an expansion or white dwarf. However, I do know some love the idea of KO and Fyreslayers being together and that's ok too. I would just love to see Fyreslayers expanded on. Possibly because I have 20 Hearthguard sitting around and am listening to Realmslayer currently :p.

• Like 7

Interesting narrative series which shakes up the status quo? Execution so rushed they likely scrapped an entire campaign book? The ending spoiled early?

Broken Realms 🤝 The End Times.

The main difference? The fanbase is conditioned to actually WANT narrative progression. 

I mean the other difference is that the end times had tie-in novels, some of which were alright (thank you Josh Reynolds). Broken Realms coulda used that. There's a difference between 'lore' and 'story' and not everyone  enjoys wiki summaries. 

Edited by Klamm
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Probably not smart of them to spoil the ending of their final book before it's even out. There was literally no reason they needed to do it.

there was they need to wrap things up because the dominion unboxing is there on saturday. AoS 3.0 hype is the only thing allowed after this weekend

• Like 3