The Rumour Thread

The matriarch of the bloodline, Belladamma Volga, makes no effort to suppress her animal core, her lupine legs proudly on display. Rumour has it that her hulking mount, Rothabak, was once one of the matriarch’s ill-fated suitors – if riding to battle brandishing a scimitar atop a former beau isn’t the ultimate power move, we don’t know what is.

This is about the only way I could have loved Granny Volga any more.

Interesting how we still have the Legions of Blood and Night as, let's say, supra-dynastic structures in the background. I suppose the majority of the Carstinian and Nulahmian dynasties are more or less folded into these by virtue of their founders being mortarchs. Mannfred and Neferata inevitably would command more resources than any other vampire leader in Shyish so they're associated with their high level legions rather than the assorted feudal arrangements of any individual dynasty or kingdom.

I like how there's a clear hierarchy of power, at least theoretically: Nagash on top, the legions of his Mortarchs below, and then the greater mass of vampiric dynasties/kingdoms below that. It's exactly the kind of clear on-paper power structure that's obviously been shaken by Nagash being put on ice by Teclis.

Interesting as well that the Vyrkos are doubly set up as culturally/politically distinct from the Nagashite core of power in Shyish. Once for not being directly associated with a Mortarch and then again for having a legendary source for their curse that isn't associated with Nagash. That's cool.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, cofaxest said:

We call it proxies and in my local meta, you can't use them in tournament games.

I'm perfectly fine with proxies in tournament games as long as it's clear what they're representing and they're on the right base size. In the Aussie scene we tend to be quite lax to that sort of stuff, especially if the person puts the effort in to do something cool and different. I can only think of one event I've attended where an army filled with proxies got red flagged, and it was a pretty extreme example. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, drcrater said:

So, no subfaction for zombies. Sad days for me, happy days for my bank account.

We still don't know for sure what that nagash symbol above the others represents.  Generic, non-subfaction gravelords?  The GA:Death allegiance that is supposedly in the book?  Something else?  If it's not just subfactionless gravelords, does it maintain the gravesite rules?  If it is a nagashii loyalist specific subfaction, what does that look like?  Necromancers leading a zombie apocalypse is a subfaction ofshoot of vampire counts that we've seen a time or two in the past.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

I bet this new chamber likes their spears, and the spears look really good, but I don't see it fully replacing the hammer wielding Liberators like some people think, unless the multipart plastic kit also has hammer options. It's kind of iconic to the stormcast, even if they look goofy.

But these new boys are not new chamber

They are effectively just veteran liberators elites changing their armours and weapons.

However it’s true they are surely not gonna replace liberators in several years

btw Sigmar is really nostalgic recently 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cofaxest said:

OMG! You already CAN play as a full duardin army with all type of models (1 per 4 + 20% allies) GW should give wave 2 for all duardin factions.

who say they won't? 

The well akchtually you can already do XYZ is such a tiresome argument. Yeah people can do allies but most players prefer one book one army policy. (especially when they are starting out/getting into a new GA)  

If I were to ally a 3ple faction duardin list I would need to buy 3 books and BR books. If they lump them together you get 1 book for a big faction. Much easier. 

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

My friends plays Thousand Sons and Disciples of Tzeentch and I find that the hero models proxy into AOS so strangely well. I suppose when you are worshiping the god of change some techno flair doesn't look out of place in a fantasy setting. That same friend is trying desperately to sell me on grey knights but I don't think he understands that if I get into 40k I would much rather see the Imperium fall... 😈

Here are some of my hopes for chaos in 3.0
The Slaanesh release was fantastic and set a precedent for what I want for the other Chaos factions. I really want each faction to have their Sigvald equivalent of a returned champion! 
As for Tzeentch mortals it is invariably going to happen in 3.0. I think that they need to look at the variety presented in the Slaanesh line and go a step further for the mortal worshipers of the Lord of Change! I feel like mutation is the name of the game in terms of expanding the line. Take the Kariac acolyte as a base and then get weird with it... bulked out hulking mutants and skinny floating magical mutants... the sky is the limit with Tzeentch.
I think that Pestigors and Khornegors are all we need to really round out those lines. I really hope that pestigors fulfill the role of ungors as Nurgle needs some disease spreading chaff. I also think khornegors based around centigors would introduce some light cavalry to their line.
I have also argued a few times that I think that Chaos Dwarves could be an awesome subfaction for S2D... they will provide some shooting and bring back a beloved army and not pose a significant risk for GW in developing a wholly new faction... but I would be happy if they stood on their own but I want to at least be able to ally them together. Beasts of Chaos need a pretty massive overhaul and in Ghur I think they will find it! Skaven are great they just desperately need an update to their models.

Personally I think the TS aesthetic is too distinctive for AoS, especially if there are cables and the like on them. Ahriman can no doubt be a great fatemaster but well, his helmet is so iconic it can only ever be Ahriman to me. I hope they don‘t go for a too strong egyptian influence for mortal Tzeentch, as that is a TS thing but a slight visual influence is okay, even if I‘d prefer for them to look at the Tzeentch design cues for WHFB. The tall bunny ears like the Gaunt Summoner sports for example are a direct throwback.

In the end I‘d like to see two mortal kits - one would be non-mutated sorcerer warriors; pristine armor with robes/tabards, slightly avian design cues (I‘m not thinking about actual bird-helmets but general shapes that suggest it, kinda like the Cypher Lords‘ helmets e.g.) that reference all the awesome artwork we got for Tzeentch warriors over the years. I also like the kairic adept‘s helmet from Silver Tower but would ease up on the too random design language it sports. (The face part looks awesome but the irregular, squid-like upper part feels more like the Dark Elf hero than Tzeentch)

the other kit would be Forsaken... but Curseling-style, so that the mutations break through the armor more organically. 

curseling could just be remade in plastic, for all I care, the design is amazing.... Fatemaster feels a bit antiquated now but I like the overall design... there has been an old drawing of a sorcerer on a disc of Tzeentch that I‘ve always seen as a perfect starting point for it... was in the old Realm of Chaos box, where the book was in black and had a skull with the chaos star on it... I might dind somewhere, will check...)

Hero: IMO both Aekold and Egrimm would be cool choices. As I loved both of them. Obviously a chaos dragon with Egrimm wins (especially if Baudros could also be built as Galrauch...) but in the end I wouldn‘t be sad if neither came out. A Tzeentch wave wouldn‘t need to be as big as Slaanesh‘s for me to be totally happy with it. I‘d ideally just like a few cool armored troops and heroes, as I love a mixed army out of Tzaangors, Mortals and Daemons. 

I‘ll only ever play Tzeentch most likely (the only non-Tzeentch kit I own are the FW Fimirs), but I find the Imperium in 40k awesome! If I had more time, I could see myself totally collect Iron Hands or something (simply because they‘re  disturbing in their inhumane ways...) or even IG! But well, as a follower of Chaos, I totally get why you‘d wanna go fir some chaotic - I‘d also be interested in vanilla CSM (either Word Bearers for the scary insanity) or a Tzeentch-leaning warband... the new minis are certainly awesome)! I‘m glad I‘m older now cause when I was younger I bought way too much - it‘s difficult to hold back sonetimes. Soulblight look asesome to name a recent release. 😅

• Like 2

Just now, Marcvs said:

and the unrestricted 6" pile-in in the opponent's turn is also "fun"

On the other hand, there's a good chance battalions aren't long for this world so this won't stick around for much longer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sigmarusvult said:

Deathless minions changed into a wholly within 12" 😮

That's way too short for a horde army imo It's been an issue for Nighthaunt since their release :/. I guess that now it is just going to be an occasional defensive buff.

The rule has changed completely to be a copy&paste of the Gloomspite Gitz rule.

3 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

Deathless minions changed into a wholly within 12" 😮

That's way too short for a horde army imo It's been an issue for Nighthaunt since their release :/. I guess that now it is just going to be an occasional defensive buff.

As a NH player, I loath wholly within. 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

and the unrestricted 6" pile-in in the opponent's turn is also "fun"

and he is not anymore restricted to Ymetrica :))))))  

You know I had hoped they would make the 33% Winrate Ymetrica at least a fun region with named elementals synergy (as they have all/most those temple folk kinds in Ymetrica) but they are just gonna say F it. Give it everybody.  

• Like 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/10/4-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-next-edition-of-warhammer-age-of-sigmar/

New article form Warhammer Community site about 3rd edtion.

Path to Glory is getting a rework to be more like 40k Crusade mode (more narrative driven 40k game mode)

We’ll have much more information about this narrative game mode coming in the future, but for now, those players who have experienced a Crusade in Warhammer 40,000 might be able to imagine some of the developments your campaign forces will go through on their path to glory.

Also there is a new website for AoS with a countdown that ends in 19 days (so the 29th of May).

https://ageofsigmar.com/?utm_source=WarhammerCommunity&utm_medium=Post&utm_campaign=NextEditionofWarhammerAgeofSigmar10052021&utm_content=NextEditionofWarhammerAgeofSigmar10052021

6 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

there are supposed to be 2 preview events in May left so I guess on 29th for the AoS and week before for the 40k and AoS ? idk 

I'm pretty sure there will be a preview on May 29th that shows off the launch box in full. I also think the logo we keep seeing will be part of a longer animated video like we saw for 9th edition. 

As for the deathless minions rule the Soulblight have a lot more heroes on big bases than the nighthaunt. That should make the 12inch restriction a lot easier to manage. I also like the summoning mechanic, especially the fact that it gets easier when there are more dead bodies around. It's nicely thematic.

• Like 5