The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Shearl said:

I'm really hoping Thursday has some Warcry reveals, it's been a while since anything new has come out. 

I'm hoping for an Ogor Mawtribes Warband at some point!! Just a bunch of Maneaters on the hunt for some Varanite to spice up their dinner.

I just absolutely love this time, right before a string of Previews and everyones hype is at an all time high.

Having come back into the hobby a couple years ago after a near 15 year break it's crazy how frequent releases and previews and such are. When I left around 2005 ish you would go months sometimes even years without a release and now they just pump them out. Waiting even a few months for a delay is nothing compared to back then.

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 17

13 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm hoping for an Ogor Mawtribes Warband at some point!! Just a bunch of Maneaters on the hunt for some Varanite to spice up their dinner.

I just absolutely love this time, right before a string of Previews and everyones hype is at an all time high.

Having come back into the hobby a couple years ago after a near 15 year break it's crazy how frequent releases and previews and such are. When I left around 2005 ish you would go months sometimes even years without a release and now they just pump them out. Waiting even a few months for a delay is nothing compared to back then.

I think Ogors deserve a main game release but it is true that a warcry warband would be an interesting way to give players some new sculpts for converting BUT they are usually so extremely accented. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Feii said:

I think Ogors deserve a main game release but it is true that a warcry warband would be an interesting way to give players some new sculpts for converting BUT they are usually so extremely accented. 

yeah, ogors are the only destruction faction to not receive a wave in AoS yet

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Feii said:

32 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

yeah, ogors are the only destruction faction to not receive a wave in AoS yet

Before the Sons I was first and foremost a Mawtribes lover, I'm not expecting the Sons to be updated for a few years yet so I'm really hoping my hungry lads get a Lumineth or Necrons style launch or update in 3.0!! 

Much like Skaven there a quite a few resin kits still kicking about and the Butcher and Slaughtermaster kit is ugly as sin. 

Updating the resin kits and the Gluttons, Leadbelchers and Ironguts would be enough in itself but I want to see Firebellies expanded and a Mammoth type creature for BCR!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, silverstu said:

I think we are missing something- just reread the email from GW and it says "Epic Warhammer fest news" Maybe Saturday is the return of Epic! Or Warmaster! Surprise!😆

Yeah! Honest Wargamer speculated it'll be something to do with Epic 40k/HH. They have the titans and flyers already from Titanicus and Aeronautica respectively, would make sense to add infantry and tanks too and make it into a broader game.

21 minutes ago, Greybeard86 said:

Where are my beasties? While I wouldn't mind if they released more kits for the stick people, please do not tell me that they are a replacement for the kurnothi beasties.

Agreed. Slaanesh is my first true love as far as armies go, but I was considering getting into Wood Elves shortly before AoS 1 became a thing, and if Kurnothi become a thing and we get something that approximates that old combined arms elf/fae kind of feel (and amps it up to the power metal AoS 11 level that I love so much about this setting now) I'd be tempted to finally branch out of chaos.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I really, really like the idea of a Warcry release as a sort of 'backdoor' for getting plastic Maneaters, it would work so well. I thought that's what they were doing with Hrothgorn as a new plastic Hunter but it didn't really pan out. In practice it can still be done with a substitute base but a 3-man box of roving Maneaters with customisable gear would be exquisite.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

7 hours ago, Indecisive said:

Really hope that "backlash of life" or whatever quote holds true.
Ideally with Sylvaneth getting some love. One thing I don't like that much is the the tree spirit man, revenant guys. Feels like blue elfs in bark power armour.

I on the other hand love Revenants. They should have Aelf keyword.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

I really, really like the idea of a Warcry release as a sort of 'backdoor' for getting plastic Maneaters, it would work so well. I thought that's what they were doing with Hrothgorn as a new plastic Hunter but it didn't really pan out. In practice it can still be done with a substitute base but a 3-man box of roving Maneaters with customisable gear would be exquisite.

Yeah - Warcry could do that for all the factions - I'd love a box of dwarf rangers for instance. We can hope..

1 hour ago, Greybeard86 said:

Where are my beasties? While I wouldn't mind if they released more kits for the stick people, please do not tell me that they are a replacement for the kurnothi beasties.

Whitefang has said they are coming as their own thing, but not soon. I'm focusing on my Kharadron and a few other projects in the meantime 😉

7 hours ago, Indecisive said:

Really hope that "backlash of life" or whatever quote holds true.
Ideally with Sylvaneth getting some love. One thing I don't like that much is the the tree spirit man, revenant guys. Feels like blue elfs in bark power armour.

I'd love to see other Sylvaneth types along the lines of Drycha/Dryads/Hunters, although that Revenant looks like a lovely painting project. If the Sylvaneth got a 6kit release like Slaanesh/Lumineth they'd be an amazing range. 

26 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

I on the other hand love Revenants. They should have Aelf keyword.

They are really well sculpted- I haven't managed to like them for some reason, the Kurnothi totally float my boat though- good thing about AoS is there is room for both! That floating piper looks great though - I'm betting he's the equivalent of a Sylvaneth war machine - powered by life magic channelled through the earth.

2 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Yeah! Honest Wargamer speculated it'll be something to do with Epic 40k/HH. They have the titans and flyers already from Titanicus and Aeronautica respectively, would make sense to add infantry and tanks too and make it into a broader game.

I wasn't entirely serious but I've recently come across some fan made 3d printed Warmaster scale sculpts and they are fantastic.. would love to see GW do something that scale for either or both systems.. epic AoS..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

I'd love to see Maneater sculpts for the new AoS factions. Just imagine a Stormcast, Kharadron or Idoneth Maneater.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

My thoughts are Monday will be Soulblight, with a new character going off the dragon theme, and closer look at kragnos book and model, or any more to follow and a hint at more books if there are any.

tuesday, Sisters and orks and roadmap 

Wednesday sot book and primarch and hopefully aos books

thursday, hopefully direchasm roadmap, we are nearing the end or teases etc with idk and maybe some warcry, 

friday, possibly a new 40K army... praying for emperors children teaser

and round it off with 3rd for a grand finale 

either way it’s going to be one heck of a week! So excited for aos it’s a great time for us! 

• Subscriber

Am I the only one nervous about them showing off so much stuff while still having a large backlog of stuff already previewed but not released?

I can only speak for myself, but there are things I'd likely have gotten if it wasn't for other stuff I want a bit more coming down the line. Like Belakor, I would have got him, but then they previewed Kroak and the Ork stuff (to make into Ironjawz). 

Ofcourse I'd want to get everything, but to misquote Thanos: "Little one, it's a simple calculus. This bank account is finite, its resources, finite. If GW releases are left unchecked, money will cease to exist. It needs correcting."

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

AdepticonReveals-Mar27-IronGolem18ejvrhsd.jpg.8bf64ce74bba5e64a24dfffdf7a4f31b.jpg

🤣

****** I had forgotten hahaha

3 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Mate this idea is perfect and now I'm set up for disappointment.

1 hour ago, silverstu said:

Yeah - Warcry could do that for all the factions - I'd love a box of dwarf rangers for instance. We can hope..

Whitefang has said they are coming as their own thing, but not soon. I'm focusing on my Kharadron and a few other projects in the meantime 😉

I'd love to see other Sylvaneth types along the lines of Drycha/Dryads/Hunters, although that Revenant looks like a lovely painting project. If the Sylvaneth got a 6kit release like Slaanesh/Lumineth they'd be an amazing range. 

They are really well sculpted- I haven't managed to like them for some reason, the Kurnothi totally float my boat though- good thing about AoS is there is room for both! That floating piper looks great though - I'm betting he's the equivalent of a Sylvaneth war machine - powered by life magic channelled through the earth.

I wasn't entirely serious but I've recently come across some fan made 3d printed Warmaster scale sculpts and they are fantastic.. would love to see GW do something that scale for either or both systems.. epic AoS..

Duardin Rangers would be an awesome way to expand the Disspossessed and maybe even a peak at their future like the Kurnothi.

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I'd love to see Maneater sculpts for the new AoS factions. Just imagine a Stormcast, Kharadron or Idoneth Maneater.

STOP GETTING ME EXCITED!! Now I want Fyreslayer themed Maneaters with massive mullets instead of Mohawks!! Ironclad Kharadron and Stormcast Ogors or Ogors bedecked in Seraphon feathers and gold with a Saurus skin Cape!!

12 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

Am I the only one nervous about them showing off so much stuff while still having a large backlog of stuff already previewed but not released?

I can only speak for myself, but there are things I'd likely have gotten if it wasn't for other stuff I want a bit more coming down the line. Like Belakor, I would have got him, but then they previewed Kroak and the Ork stuff (to make into Ironjawz). 

Ofcourse I'd want to get everything, but to misquote Thanos: "Little one, it's a simple calculus. This bank account is finite, its resources, finite. If GW releases are left unchecked, money will cease to exist. It needs correcting."

I can kind of get that. I'm still hoping it's a fairly in-depth showing for the SGL range myself. I'm just getting into the game but was holding off on picking an army until I had a better idea of what they have. There's like 4-5 armies I could see myself playing, so the more information they put out (even if releases are a ways off) the better for me.

• Like 1