The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

This would be insanely cool if true. Evil Blade!!

They would have to retcon a bit though (which they can do, of course, but I'd prefer they didn't).

At the moment, Nagash has 100% unbreakable authority over, and control of, all undead, even vampires (including powerful ones like the Mortarchs). The new vampires would have no ability to betray him, and thus there would be no need to have minders, so to speak.

Now, if he wanted to test loyalty but still have control/failsafes, I suppose he could keep his order of vampire vampire-hunters secret, tell certain vampires that they have proven their loyalty and earned free will. Then, he has his secret hunters (who are still 100% enthralled) watch over the free vampire. If he continues to be loyal, then that sort of innovation that comes from free will can be used as an asset. If he gets ideas, well, here comes the hunter.

• Like 2

Easiest easy to fix death is to break Nagash. Put him in a state where his control isn't complete. 

Maybe he's lost more of his mind than he thought when the End Times happened and those holes in his memory are a symptom of his control being less than 100%.

We just need more going on in death because Nagash is either a bit underwhelming as a god on the table or he's not as strong as he could be (may be his many setbacks could be blamed).

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, alghero81 said:

Do we know anything on how the new lockdown affected Nottingham production? In theory they should be shut until end of February...

Just a slight detour but I imagine not a lot. You can still go work under the current rules. I imagine transporting things will be the issue but I suspect with GW switching to a two week release schedule helps that out.

9 hours ago, Incineroar87 said:

How long between the vampire warband reveal and new potential AOS vampire army reveal do you guys think ?  Is it also possible that the AOS Death army isn't vampires but is something completely new?

If there is an army, probably this year. Also if there’s a new edition, they could be part of that box set

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

If there is an army, probably this year. Also if there’s a new edition, they could be part of that box set

Oohh... this could be the thing that finally pushes me to get a box set. Vampire Counts were my first army, right after they split from the Undead and became their own faction.

• Like 1

They will preview vampire warband first friday in february. That has been statet in Warhammer underworlds roadmap. Yesterday it was first Vision of glory article showing Seraphon which should be released in february. It was not first friday of month but probbably because first one was new year so they postponed it for second friday in month. Following this pattern we will see vampires on 05. February.

20210107_183647.jpg

Edited by Aleser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, BrownDog said:

Yesterday's reveal was very exciting but I think we missed something very important. UNDEAD JOHANN!!!!!

They could also just reanimate him as a Stormcast. Which I wouldn't even be completely against, even though I have a distaste for using human souls for Sigmar's slaves.

8 hours ago, Sleboda said:

They would have to retcon a bit though (which they can do, of course, but I'd prefer they didn't).

In the lore there have been stories about the early Gods of Death that existed before Nagash destroyed them one by one, and there has been suggestion that some may still be in existence but hiding.  Sigmar has even sent Questors looking for them.  It would only take one to resurface and begin an offensive against Nagash - I'm sure they'd find allies to help them.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Fulkes said:

Easiest easy to fix death is to break Nagash. Put him in a state where his control isn't complete. 

Maybe he's lost more of his mind than he thought when the End Times happened and those holes in his memory are a symptom of his control being less than 100%.

We just need more going on in death because Nagash is either a bit underwhelming as a god on the table or he's not as strong as he could be (may be his many setbacks could be blamed).

Considering all the death going on right now I do wonder if at some point GW is going to lore fragment Nagash's legions. Right now Nagash is mostly taken up dominating all the different deadlands within his realm; but since all the dead end up there - barring the cream that Sigmar steals - and whatever demons steal - then in theory Nagash has an army that is always growing and never diminishing. In theory he will arise to be the most powerful even if he just waits out the other gods. 

We already know that Vampires actively try to escape his control if they could; his Mortarchs, whilst created from memory, also plot to escape their master. I could well see Nagash being brought low at some point in the future. The joy of that is that bringing him low wouldn't actually change anything in the game lore itself. Lore wise the various factions might throw off their shackles; but there'd still be a core loyal or willing to work with Nagash so he would still appear in those armies. So mechanically on the tabletop nothing would change.

Lore wise it would stop Nagash being an ever growing juggernaut.

• Like 4

Death could do with more infighting like there is in Order and Chaos. Soulblight factions in open rebellion against Nagash makes sense, but I think a challenger to Nagash’s relative omnipresence within Shyish is needed as well. Giving him multiple usurpers to deal with would make things much more interesting. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Nagash power is not infinitely growing although. Flesh-Eater are not controlled and we now they can reproduce by spreading their curse. We don’t know what happens to their souls but I would expect they don’t go to Nagash either?

Then there’s things like Idoneth, Chaos gods, Sigmar and now mountains like Beastgrave, cities like Shadespire, etc. So yeah while in theory he could only grow in size in practice it’s a slow drip because of all new soul thieves hence the Soul Wars...

I personally would like to see more Death based armies but I don’t care who in the end controls them but I admit Nagash needs to be reigned over a bit especially the all-consuming Nadir in Nagashizzar

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, zamerion said:

When does GW usually upload the underworld cards to the web? I'm curious to see the drawings, to see if the vampires are seen

They seem to just not have put up the Direchasm cards. You might have more luck checking out the images on e.g. Can You Roll A Crit or Goonhammer. 

As I understand it though the Direchasm core set only shows the Lumineth and Hedonites so it’ll be a matter of waiting for the StD warband to come out and seeing the fansite reviews.

58 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

They seem to just not have put up the Direchasm cards. You might have more luck checking out the images on e.g. Can You Roll A Crit or Goonhammer. 

As I understand it though the Direchasm core set only shows the Lumineth and Hedonites so it’ll be a matter of waiting for the StD warband to come out and seeing the fansite reviews.

Yup, they don’t show any of the new Warbands (the neutral cards are showing some of the older ones from previous seasons). 

As you say - next chance is the StD Warband.