The Rumour Thread

It's certainly undead-ish. The sword has similarities to the nighthaunt and existing vampire range, that gothic Dark Souls look. The claws actually look longer than those of a regular ghoul, while not being the talons of an abhorrant.

What do we reckon about that slight ridge that's partially out of view along the forearm? The abhorrants have either bone spikes or vestigal wings so it could be something similar.

Soulblight doesn't seem too implausible, though whether that would be for Warcry or mainline AoS is still open.

Do any of the FEC models currently wield blades? I'd love to say it's Soulblight, with vampires being dialled up a little and becoming more bestial in appearance generally. Would make them more consistent with the FEC take on vampirism but still leave room for distinct factions with different backgrounds and ways of waging war.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Do any of the FEC models currently wield blades? I'd love to say it's Soulblight, with vampires being dialled up a little and becoming more bestial in appearance generally. Would make them more consistent with the FEC take on vampirism but still leave room for distinct factions with different backgrounds and ways of waging war.

Duke Crakmarrow from the Grymwatch underworlds warband has a halberd. Very similar arms/hands with claws and bony bits as well. New FEC warcry warband definitely has my bet. A band of noble questing nights no doubt. I'd love to see what they do for FEC 'Damsel on unicorn' interpretation! If it is a FEC warcry warband then that opens very interesting possibilities for the next round of warcry releases. 

1 minute ago, Dr Ben said:

Duke Crakmarrow from the Grymwatch underworlds warband has a halberd. Very similar arms/hands with claws and bony bits as well. New FEC warcry warband definitely has my bet. A band of noble questing nights no doubt. I'd love to see what they do for FEC 'Damsel on unicorn' interpretation! If it is a FEC warcry warband then that opens very interesting possibilities for the next round of warcry releases. 

The Abhorrant Archregent also has a broken sword strapped to its belt

10 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

There is that mini from the FEC underworlds warband who does indeed wield a battleaxe that would fit that sword. Since they are the latest FEC units, I’d say they will go in this direction of giving them some remnants of their chivalric past instead of just more generic ghouls. 😃

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dr Ben said:

Yeah I'd definitely think a Warcry war band is likely- I hope they go a bit nuts with the war bands in terms of outlier designs. I like your idea of a FEC damsel on a unicorn!

• Like 3

If it weren’t for that sword, I’d guessed chaos daemons.

but with that sword I think Fec or something much newer be a preferable better reason.

Vampire might also be a possibility’s but considering how used und rusty that blade looks I’m not certain that it’ll be a part of them.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

If it’s Warcry we could be in for an interesting and exciting “Order vs Death” release/season with the confirmed Khainites and rumour engines for FEC and OBR with that twin tailed comet for the hope of some Devoted?
If it was AoS Warhammer Quest I would be over the moon.

Co-sign on the Quest love, The Silver Tower was such a trove of brilliant, unique looking miniatures, it was pretty much what got me back into the hobby. I can't believe it cost me £75 and I'd be paying a quarter of that now just to get one more Darkoath Chieftain

The Hammerhal version was good value for what you got but nothing in it was a unique sculpt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

The Arch Regent carries a broken sword on his hip.

Edited by JackStreicher

An FEC warcry warband would be cool, particularly if they go with a more obviously chivalric look but Soulblight is still pretty plausible if they're sticking with the "sun's out in, guns out" look they used with Mannfred.

Swole vampire-knight beach-bullies could be a way of making a uniquely AoS take on the vampire archetype. FEC on the other hand could do with more unit variety in general, less so new heroes.

Edited by sandlemad

3 hours ago, xking said:

So Undead. We already have new Courtier and Archregent for FEC. So Soulblight ? I'd say that, with the claws and the flesh tone it makes it look vampire-y. Also, Soulblight are still in the lore and in need of love. And the "sleeve less look" like Mannfred and the Soulblight Aristocrats from Nagash's court seen here : 

877260064_NewSoulblightGuards.png.60f8867cd0b821e3e5da96b8e3203da9.png

For what game in AOS then ? I would guess Warhammer Underworld Season 4 (with Seraphon, IDK, OBR, StD and Slaanesh). 

Maybe Warcry, if the "season 2" warbands are from mixed Grand alliances (we already have an Order one with the Khainite) 

I would absolutely LOVE an AOS Warhammer Quest with the same release design as Blackstone Fortress (thankfully WHU and Warcry already offer opportunities for GW to create interesting characters and monsters not seen in the main AOS range or from olden time like the Gob Wolf riders). 

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I would absolutely LOVE an AOS Warhammer Quest with the same release design as Blackstone Fortress (thankfully WHU and Warcry already offer opportunities for GW to create interesting characters and monsters not seen in the main AOS range or from olden time like the Gob Wolf riders

Oh preach it brother! 

Or just the same ruleset. I keep wanting hammerhal. But I don’t want to GM it. but I want it. But I don’t want a GM. But but I want to quest 😞

24 minutes ago, AHexInScarletRed said:

I so hope this is Soulblight. The arm looks like Mannfred's, but the sword looks rather used to me, which is more of a FEC thing. 

Aye the only thing that makes me think FEC more than SB is because of the worn down sword. 

Unless this vampire has seen a rough few centuries, you'd think these nobles of vampire society would make sure their equipment was fresh and kept well. 

It'll be a lovely model no doubt but really hope its SB over FEC. Gimme puar swole badass vampires who'll challenge anything and anyone just because they can. 

2 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

So Undead. We already have new Courtier and Archregent for FEC. So Soulblight ? I'd say that, with the claws and the flesh tone it makes it look vampire-y. Also, Soulblight are still in the lore and in need of love. And the "sleeve less look" like Mannfred and the Soulblight Aristocrats from Nagash's court seen here : 

877260064_NewSoulblightGuards.png.60f8867cd0b821e3e5da96b8e3203da9.png

For what game in AOS then ? I would guess Warhammer Underworld Season 4 (with Seraphon, IDK, OBR, StD and Slaanesh). 

Maybe Warcry, if the "season 2" warbands are from mixed Grand alliances (we already have an Order one with the Khainite) 

I would absolutely LOVE an AOS Warhammer Quest with the same release design as Blackstone Fortress (thankfully WHU and Warcry already offer opportunities for GW to create interesting characters and monsters not seen in the main AOS range or from olden time like the Gob Wolf riders). 

God job!!!

I think it´s not Fec: they have longer nails and some pointy bones over their body. It´s the arm of a Soulblight model, similar to Mannfred one.

But yes. The sword seems to be very old... Maybe it´s some kind of special character that shows a long time asleep vampire... The return of Vlad? Or they reimagine vampire weapons again... or a Necrarch model.

Long time we had listen about Soulblight rumours, and they´re suppose to be at the beggining of 2021, so seems plausible to start seeing some Rumour Engine about them. LoN it´s still in AoS 1.0. and that BT needs a rework, so or it´s the rework of that tome, or it´s their ending, starting as a new Vampire tome with Mannfred, Neferata, vampires, necromancers, wights, grave guard, skellies, zombies, etc... and new vampire models. Some classic undead reimagined for AoS.

HYPE!

• Like 2