What one miniature/unit would you love to see?

RuneBrush

6 hours ago, Fuchur said:

Despite Khorne having a huge miniature range I think they`re missing a mortal centerpiece model. So I`m going with a Khorne Lord riding a giant demon bull.

They do have one, but its Forge World.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Vorgaroth-the-Scarred-and-Skalok-the-Skull-Host-of-Khorne-2018

I want to see a large modern plastic replacement for the old two headed Chaos Dragon.

Plastic Vampires were my previous #1, but we know we are getting those now. :3

Edited by AverageBoss

1 hour ago, Fuchur said:

Okay, fair enough, then I`ll go with you and say plastic chaos dragon.

The Warpfire dragon FW sold until last christmas  was half plastic half resin. It uses the body and wings from the Dark Elf Black Dragon kit with a different head, tail and arms. Great model and a shame FW retired it. A new Warpfire Chaos dragon from GW in plastic would be awesome (my one needs a friend). 

• Like 1

Ogor Maneaters.  I mean, we already have them, but they're like the best thing conceptually.  Ogors that go to interesting places, meet interesting people, and eat interesting things, each with a distinctive look about them inspired by their biggest customers.  We all could imagine what a Fyreslayer Maneater would look like, but what about a Deepkin Maneater?  Arcanites Maneater?  Ossiarch Maneater?  Gloomspite Maneater?

But GW's not gonna do this one, despite how cool it'd be, because every time they come out with a new model it's got to have all-new rules to it (or at least, that's how it feels.)

• Like 3

For something COMPLETELY new, I have some ideas for the Gitz.

• Siege Troggoths. Troggoths given ramshackle armor and large flails (similar to Fanatics), or wielding a statue like a battering ram.
  • Grot Foot Knights (I would call them Shroomguard or Shamanguard). It's a common conversion, but Boingrots without their squigs as an elite option, sort of like Stormvermin for Skaven. Give them the ability to receive wounds for nearby foot characters, Not a killy unit, but an expensive investment to protect an important shaman/Skragrott from being focused out. Makes it so you can have a cheap shaman vulnerable to ranged fire, or bulk him up with a bodyguard squad for a significant cost.
  • Burrowing Spider Riders. Remix of Spider Riders as a more elite unit (riding spiders as big as the Scuttleboss), with the ability to burrow around the battlefield. Spider Grots need more than 3 kits. Maybe with unique poison weapons, throwing jars of venomous spiders for AoE damage, or riding non-spider mounts (like the giant centipede from the Troggboss kit maybe?)
Edited by dirkdragonslayer
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

I am happy to see so many people mention Chaos Dragons! I have been holding off on purchasing Archaon in hopes of an awesome Chaos Dragon, Hellcannon or Greater Demon style update to Be'Lakor as a centre piece. Although, I have been looking more and more at possible conversions or third party options as a possible centrepieces for my army. 

Currently my Warshrine is my centre piece, with a Manticore and Demon Prince providing some nice monstrous variety but I still feel my army needs something to tie things together and a dragon would surely do the trick. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

Bring back tamurkhan's model as a new (or reborn) character or even just as a generic lord on Toad Dragon. I miss being able to reasonably bust him out as he is one of my favourite sculpts of all time.

As for brand new give us some more giant variants, some giant sea krakens for Iodoneth, some oldschool Dragons maybe under fyreslayers to expand the range? Would ft with the lore of their god defeating Vulcatrix but I know GW shies away from implied enslavement in their newer lore (other than death ofc).

Edited by BigNStinky
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I am happy to see so many people mention Chaos Dragons! I have been holding off on purchasing Archaon in hopes of an awesome Chaos Dragon, Hellcannon or Greater Demon style update to Be'Lakor as a centre piece. Although, I have been looking more and more at possible conversions or third party options as a possible centrepieces for my army. 

Currently my Warshrine is my centre piece, with a Manticore and Demon Prince providing some nice monstrous variety but I still feel my army needs something to tie things together and a dragon would surely do the trick. 

Yeah, your army needs better sculpts AND a chaos dragon (which should have the keyword Tzeentch though, as since Galrauch they're Tzeentchian creations 😛). S2D had a very unfortunate timing for most of its kits - back when GW's plastic models weren't too awesome. e.g. Manticore, Demon Prince, Warshrine, chariots, I could go on....

S2D would dominate sales once more if they got better rules and more new kits.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LordRhulak said:

I think it was @Charleston that orriginally had this idea, but I would love to see khorne harpies / valkeries led by Valkia the Bloody (a new plastic kit would be great).  If they could deepstrike like the daughters of khaine heartrenders that would be brilliant. A ranged attack would also be nice but I'm probably pushing my luck now...

That and an extra khorgorath sculpt.

Thanks for remembering :D And yes, I can only second this! Valkia is great and we need more tough Valkyries like her :D

• LOVE IT! 1

I would want a trio of Ironjawz Brutes that is riding on the back of a juvenile Maw-krusha! One is doing it's best at steering the obstinate beast (with not much luck), the second is hanging low on a side while swinging at anyone getting close and the third is having a grand time chucking spears/javelins towards anything that moves.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

an updated Arbaal (the defeated)

Cut the dude some slack, Endtimes was tough on everyone, especially fans of decent writing! 🤣

Edit: According to the Champions of Chaos book, as far as I can remember, Arbaal would be instantly turned into a spawn if he lost a single fight. Khorne's not nice! So yeah, any spawn would be in theory an updated model. ;)

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MitGas said:

Yeah, your army needs better sculpts AND a chaos dragon (which should have the keyword Tzeentch though, as since Galrauch they're Tzeentchian creations 😛). S2D had a very unfortunate timing for most of its kits - back when GW's plastic models weren't too awesome. e.g. Manticore, Demon Prince, Warshrine, chariots, I could go on....

S2D would dominate sales once more if they got better rules and more new kits.

I think we still have the best range... although its a shame that 90 percent of our best models are warcry models that look amazing and are functionally useless. 😛 

Even though I would want Chaos Dragon's availble to all Chaos Factions, I would be equally fine with a Galrauch/Egrimm van Horstmann dual build that was exclusive to Tzeentch. Although I would instantly bring it as an ally even if it meant playing 3000 point games. Although, I just found a place still carrying the Tzeentch battleforce so you may yet find an ally in change (just need to be cautious with funds during COVID and this feels like opening a massive can of mutant worms)... 😉

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1