What one miniature/unit would you love to see?

RuneBrush

As a completely random and off the cuff question - if you could have one brand new miniature or unit designed for an AoS army, what would it be?  Do you want to see a vampire riding a giant bat?  A unit of seahorse riding Idoneth?  A Duardin Cogfort?

Brand new ideas for existing armies please!

• Like 1

KO Valkyries - female duardin Skyrigger unit, maybe melee/defence  focused rather than armed with ranged weapons. 

Or more tree contracts for Sylvaneth - beings between kurnoth hunter and Drycha sized, maybe more varieties of dryad type creatures [not a fan of the Revenants/spites].

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 4

Basically any of the Order aligned human units that pop up in the lore. Be it beetle-riders, alarielle worshiping nature knights, repeater crossbow skull-helmet infantry, dudes with armor made from spider silk,  any of the wizard-like types from the rulebook illustrations in the realm descriptions...

We have seen literally 2 non chaos humans designed specifically for AoS by now (a warpriest and the new vampire hunter) and both could easily find their place in the Old World. I'd like to see any of the wirdness that's often described.

• Like 6

I think it was @Charleston that orriginally had this idea, but I would love to see khorne harpies / valkeries led by Valkia the Bloody (a new plastic kit would be great).  If they could deepstrike like the daughters of khaine heartrenders that would be brilliant. A ranged attack would also be nice but I'm probably pushing my luck now...

That and an extra khorgorath sculpt.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just one? That is difficult!

Personally, I'll just repeat what I say all the time: Tzeentchian Sorcerer-Warriors (think Exalted Sorcerers of Thousand Sons in AoS). Tzeentch needs their armored warriors represented (and there's soooooo much cool artwork for them out there - from Adrian Smith to Warhammer Online, etc.) and what would be cooler and more fitting than Chosen that could cast spells? Also, if the kit had enough bits, it could serve as the basis for great Fatemasters and Curselings - especially if it was a dual kit with the second half adding mutated bits to it - cause we all know Tzeentch loves Spawn and Forsaken. That kit would also give Tzeentch players something more durable in the army, which would be cool as people wouldn't need to rely so much on Horror screens then!

If it's just one miniature, I got inspired by the wishes of others here: Egrimm Van Horstmann on Baudros. Yey, that's cheating too. But Chaos Dragons are cool, Egrimm is cool and you could have two (maybe Galrauch or a generic dragon) for the price of one. I'd gladly pay Teclis prices (or more) for such a miniature.

Only problem I see is that nobody would buy Archaon once they release a proper Chaos Dragon.

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 2

I want to see more named characters unique to AoS. and preferably with unique sculpts but not Knight Zephyros style hero.  I want my named Sorcerer Lord with a devious backstory, a named Tzeentch Herald ( preferably on a disk ) a Seraphon named Skink Priest locked in Starborne with dramatic flair.  The game started very open and awesome with all the creative power in our hands, but the time has come ( and begun ) to flesh out the realms and progress the stories. I adore the new Lord Varient for Stormcast from Morathi, getting a Teclis model, Katakros is fantastic as well as Lady Olynder and all the other new interesting stories we have gotten recently.

• Like 2

It was just brought to my attention that in the Gloggs Megamob article there is a named Troggoth Hag character mentioned, The Lady of the Bog, who even trades with Sylvaneth. 😍

Therefore my vote goes to a multi build plastic Troggoth Hag kit with all the...🤔  endowments of the FW kit. 😉

It's not technically new BUT it would be  the first plastic one. 👍🙂

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 4

I dont wanna new units.

I would be happy with a up to date new model of thorgrim and ungrim.

If it is a new model then a unit of very heavy armored bear riders dwarfs

All this as old dispossesed of course.

I know scibor have similar models but i dont buy out of gw

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dekay said:

Basically any of the Order aligned human units that pop up in the lore. Be it beetle-riders, alarielle worshiping nature knights, repeater crossbow skull-helmet infantry, dudes with armor made from spider silk,  any of the wizard-like types from the rulebook illustrations in the realm descriptions...

We have seen literally 2 non chaos humans designed specifically for AoS by now (a warpriest and the new vampire hunter) and both could easily find their place in the Old World. I'd like to see any of the wirdness that's often described.

As someone somewhat new to the hobby and love, are there that many references to those kinds of units? As a cities collector, I'd be all for that direction. 

4 hours ago, MitGas said:

Personally, I'll just repeat what I say all the time: Tzeentchian Sorcerer-Warriors (think Exalted Sorcerers of Thousand Sons in AoS). Tzeentch needs their armored warriors represented (and there's soooooo much cool artwork for them out there - from Adrian Smith to Warhammer Online, etc.) and what would be cooler and more fitting than Chosen that could cast spells? Also, if the kit had enough bits, it could serve as the basis for great Fatemasters and Curselings - especially if it was a dual kit with the second half adding mutated bits to it - cause we all know Tzeentch loves Spawn and Forsaken. That kit would also give Tzeentch players something more durable in the army, which would be cool as people wouldn't need to rely so much on Horror screens then!

Yeah how have they not got possessed suits of armour but Thousand Sons have?  At the very least a remake of the curseling as a massive armoured sorcerer-warrior would be incredible. 

Anyway there’s too many to name but off the top of my head I’ll say a Leafy Seadragon for the Idoneth and a flying tree-revs unit in the mold of  Druanti for Sylvaneth.

Edited by NotAWzrd

43 minutes ago, PhoenixLord said:

As someone somewhat new to the hobby and love, are there that many references to those kinds of units? As a cities collector, I'd be all for that direction. 

Various human military units pop up in the novels (mostly in the background) all the time if there's ever a city involved. Plus, there are many humans depicted in art, even in the core rulebook.  Soulbound RPG is also a fine source of both art and description for various human.

So, maybe, to wish for a single unit, I would pay money for a proper cavalry unit of these guys:

image.png.d870686d3ea83591e1b8772170dbe352.png

(i know it's an easy conversion, that's not the point! :D)

• LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

As a completely random and off the cuff question - if you could have one brand new miniature or unit designed for an AoS army, what would it be?  Do you want to see  A unit of seahorse riding Idoneth? 

Yes. Or Idoneth riding Merwyrms

1 hour ago, NotAWzrd said:

Yeah how have they not got possessed suits of armour but Thousand Sons have?  At the very least a remake of the curseling as a massive armoured sorcerer-warrior would be incredible. 

Anyway there’s too many to name but off the top of my head I’ll say a Leafy Seadragon for the Idoneth. 

Personally I wouldn't go for ghosts in armor/possessed armor like the Thousand Sons - that's unique to them (much like the Egyptian design cues) and heavily tied to their backstory (I love Rubric Marines like possibly nobody else but there are so many other cool things that can be done with Tzeentch it would be a shame to copy/paste that idea). Certainly not all mortal followers of Tzeentch are thin, chicken-legged, copy/paste sculpts like the ones we have now. The new Magister, the old one, Vortemis, get your ****** together, GW.  A new Curseling would be most welcome. Such a cool concept - granted, I really dig the current one but hate Finecast so much.

First thing that came to my mind are Clan Tichritt and their chronomatic weapons. Sure, they were crushed by Sigmar&Co. but surely some of them were able to jump in time into the current era!

To be honest I don't know how you can design such faction without it looking like Skryre with more cogs, but that would be a job for the design team!

Edited by Jator

ONE?! But there's so many ideas to choose from!

That said I'd be happy to see Daughters of Khaine get some Witch Aelves on mounts. Be they horses; wing pegasus; or something entirely fantasy and wild. Give them spears and they'd pair well with the two on the Cauldron as following an already established theme whilst giving the DoK something interesting and new. And yes I do get that technically the Melusai with spears are cavalry - or at least fill a similar slot in the army. 

Also dragons - everyone needs more

• LOVE IT! 1

I’m working on a conversion of this one for the anvil/make a Hero anyway but would absolutely love a Leadbelcher HERO unit, maybe carrying a giant cannon on his shoulder Bazooka like with gnoblars riding and reloading while he carries a cannonball headed flail in the other hand.  This may just be because I want a true leader to March to war with my Leadbelchers but Gutbusters in general could use a few more Heroes...

Edited by Beer & Pretzels Gamer