The Mannfred Appreciation Thread

He's a undead badass version of Starscream that actually has menace.

Always a fun and evil character to read about and had some really excellent magnificent ba$tard moments in the Realmgate Wars.

Plus he's an awesome model and gave us the endless glory of the Mortal Realms and Nagash's god-hood dreams being fulfilled so I'd happily buy him a blood-tinged wine in a realm of death tavern. Probably one with a nice view of the Nadir vortex, I hear the soul streams going into it and the Underworlds are lovely this time of aetheric cycle. ;)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

His magnum opus, the Liber Necris is one of the most comprehensive histories of the Undead in the old world, and is a very entertaining read. In it he postulates that the final victory of the undead is pretty much the only thing that could outright kill the Chaos Gods. When everyone's a zombie, there is nothing to fuel the warp.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ACBelMutie said:

Will Arkhan stop bullying him? haha

Greetings

Does Arkham even lift tho? Look at those beautiful arms on our bestie Mannfred with emphasis on MAN. Manny knows best and he’s just ignoring that bully until the entire Soulblight army is released...then he can deal with that lil bish 😄.

Edited by NkfPanda
  • Like 2

He's a great character. Nagash's charm is that he's Skeletor/Megatron/a bunch of other Saturday morning cartoon overlords. As such he needs a Starscream and Mannfred delivers on that count 100%. That he made his own realm of Carstinia specifically to appeal to his own ego but that it inevitably only reminded him of his many failures and inferiority complex is one of the minor gems of AoS background.

Not sure I can pinpoint where exactly in his RL history he switched from "the most dangerous Von Carstein, the one who learned the lessons of Vlad and Konrad and is going to change the game", i.e. the cunning dude behind the Liber Necris that EccentricCircle mentions, to "a vicious conniving narcissist who somehow manages to survive messing up every time". Maybe sometime around 8th edition?

Also he consistently gets the best fan art!

tumblr_pa9pzjDjpn1uepggpo1_1280.jpg

EDIT: Damn, ClanCynic got there first! But that's ok, there's more!

500px-Afmcox5u6kl21.jpg

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

Manfred is a thousand times a greater character than any of deaths new leaders.  Katakros is boring all the nighthaunt are very cliche. I can see lady olynder bloom into a great character but Manfred is better than them all. 

The end times really were the making of him and his role in the final book is delicous to behold. I hope one day soon he gets his due.

Played with him the last 5 games, he’s been solid. Turn one pinions in a Soulblight swift death army, flew him 23” and wiped out the slaneesh harp and epitome. If you get spells off on him, and use his command, the 4 attacks hitting and wounding on 2’s with re-rolls doing D3 is solid-ish. Love that he is such a ******, destroyed the old world and is a bit pants now.

Personally don't get the interest in Vlad he is a poor dracula rip off and he has a one dimensional wife who is insane.  When I read the vampire wars and further fiction (liber necris, RPG.) I've found mannfred to be the far more interesting vampire.

Actually all of the three mortarch's are my favourite death characters.