If you could influence what faction got new stuff

MitGas

Which faction would get new stuff if YOU could decide?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. Just a fun idea and maybe of no interest to you but if you could decide which faction(s) that you do NOT collect or play would get new/more minis/rules next, which would you pick? Please try to only pick 3 Options unless you go for the last two choices, if you pick one of those only pick one. Yeah, rules, rules... :)

• Hysh Aelves
    • Ulgu Aelves
    • A completely new Aelves faction
    • Kurnothi Aelves
    • Cities of Sigmar
    • A new AoS human faction
    • Fyreslayers
    • Kharadron Overlords
    • Slaves to Darkness
    • Slaanesh
    • Nurgle
    • Khorne
    • Tzeentch
    • Stormcast Eternals
    • Sylvaneth
    • Skaven
    • Chaos Duardin
    • Ogor Mawtribes
    • Aos Giant Faction / Gargants
    • New Duardin Faction
    • Vampires in the style of the Old World
    • A new Vampire faction
    • Orruk Warclans Ironjawz + Friends
    • A new Orc and Goblins Faction
    • Gloomspite Gitz
    • Beasts of Chaos
    • Chaos Monsters
    • Troggoths
    • Fimir
    • Nighthaunt
    • Ossiarch Bonereapers
    • Idoneth Deepkin
    • Malice - ANTI-Chaos
    • Daughters of Khaine
    • Flesh-Eater Courts
    • NO new factions but rather flesh out the new ones (Ironjawz, Fyreslayers, KO, Fleash-Eater Courts)
    • NO new factions but rather redo beloved old kits (Skaven, Seraphon, Cities of Sigmar)
    • Seraphon

Thats a lot of options, but I would have voted for Ironweld Arsenal (doesnt count as "a new human faction" in my opinion as they are a fusion of duardin and humans). 

So my vote had gone to Kurnothi Aelfs. I really really like the concept of them. I think some of the models from the Beast Graves box look a bit weird (too hyper-dynamic for my taste) but I think they would look great if turned into their own faction. The Aelf-deer hybrid centaur for example is really cool. 

• Like 1

Light elves are my number one on the list.

I do have Skaven, but the build I want to do with them include rather antiquated models.

DoK and Fyreslayers for more variety.

Big no to Giants, unless it's a new game in 10  - 15 mm scale.

Edited by Tiger

New Vampires, Seraphon, and a giants faction get my vote.

Admittedly I've had a desire to play all three factions, but that doesn't change the fact they do deserve some love. Especially Seraphon. A great deal of pruning of old models, and introduction of new, thematic sculpts are needed. Lizardmen really lost a lot of their identity with the destruction of the old world. Being absent from the narrative hasn't helped at all either.

10 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

The fact that you stipulated factions one doesn't collect makes it challenging, but giants would be great, and i like that you included Malice.

I really liked that, it makes it more neutral. I went for expanding existing new armies, though replacing old sets and Seraphon vied for its vote.

• Like 1

I voted Hysh elves, Ulgu elves and Idoneth. 

I'm hoping for Hysh elves to be a major release and Idoneth to get some new endless spells with maybe an embaillor hero. Plus the all important new battletome. 

I'd also like to see GW finally pull off the plaster and squat the rest of the WHFB stuff. I know it won't happen with cities and legions existing, but my pet peeve is for people who play aos but refuse to buy a new faction that fits the setting. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

AoS is in a pretty good spot at this point. With Forbidden Power wrapped up, we know that the Aelven factions are coming and  Archaon is bringing his own friend back into the fold which will likely be accompanied by the multi-part versions of chaos warriors, chaos knights and possibly marauders (or equivalent). 

My ultimate dream faction would have been an elite vampire faction: the opposite of your standard death armies with a low model count but powerful models with fresh Blood Knight sculpts both on mounts and on foot. The Soulblight allegiance / Legions of Nagash allegiance just isn't quite there for me unfortunately. Ossiarch Bonereapers now fill that gap in Death's arsenal however so its likelihood of happening are slim.

Although there aren't too many left anymore, this is a good opportunity in the lull post Forbidden Power for GW to retire the lingering failcast sculpts and reproduce / combine them into plastic kits (if they plan to keep them at all that is). Skaven are the biggest example of a fantasy era army that made a natural transition into AoS' setting like they were there all along, but are in much need of failcast retirement as well as fresh sculpts.

They missed an opportunity I think with alot of the battletome re-releases to expand upon the initial smaller AoS armies like Sylvaneth etc. An extra character is nice, but an extra unit box or two would have done most of those factions wonder to "shake up the status quo."

Edited by Malios
  • Like 1

Chaos Dwarfs. I'm a Dwarf lover, but as with Renegades & Heretics in 40k the only thing that's putting me off is the questionable longevity of Forge World's already extra expensive armies. If they received a 'mainline' AoSified release I'd be all over them.

Cities of Sigmar. There's a lot of questions still being asked about the longevity of this Battletome, whether it will be expanded upon in the future, receive new editions in the years to come, or is gradually going to be become redundant if Battletome: Freeguildar Sanctumguard, Khaz-possess-ud, Fhoenexian Tempelium and Kurnothi start replacing the WHFB lines. I still play them with my old WHFB collections, but I've not added anything new to them other than buying the actual Battletome for this reason. I think getting at least a new model in the vein of the Ogre Tyrant would help alleviate fears.

New Dwarf Faction: Valaya is MIA and since a Grungi-based army (Dispossessed or otherwise) seems inevitable it stands to reason Valaya would get her own, be that Hyish Dwarfs with a matriarchal/light theme or something corrupted?

For the record I'm currently putting together Fyreslayers, so it should be pretty apparent what my views on their model line (or lack thereof) is.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

I cant in good conscience collect Skaven Skryre until they get updates, and I really want to. $15 per model for a battle line that is 60 points is the biggest ripoff imaginable.  Not to mention if you want some Jezzails. Everything with a 2.0 book should get their model range updated to today's plastic standard.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Barbossal said:

I love it when they reinvent older kits so I'm all for updating old lines. 

I'd love to see my Skaven friend get those plastic acolytes and weapon teams he's always wanted. Or my Free People's buddy get updated human models that don't look like Sloth from Goonies in full pajamas.

It's mostly the crossbowmen. The guards can get heads from pistoleers or greatswords and look almost acceptable. Giving them more poofy sleeves and pants would be a very good thing though.

One thing we do need is a general on horse. Something that can buff moving units and not cost over 300 points.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Barbossal said:

I love it when they reinvent older kits so I'm all for updating old lines. 

I'd love to see my Skaven friend get those plastic acolytes and weapon teams he's always wanted. Or my Free People's buddy get updated human models that don't look like Sloth from Goonies in full pajamas.

If your collecting skaven, your skills in converting stuff, rises highly fast😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Made me realize how many factions I own.... but my picks

1.) Idoneth Deepkin mostly new rules that could result in lists without ANY eels actually doing well. They also have a limited enough roster that new minis would be nice too.

2.) Flesh Eater Courts-They need the Arch-regent released and some actual character clampacks for the courtiers. They've been a faction I've eyed for years but I don't like how courtiers are handled and the vargulf needs a new sculpt.

3.) redo old kits. Self explanatory. Death to finecast and they could do so much more with a remagined Daemon Prince kit among other things.

Finally, I own Fyreslayers but holy hell these guys need some variety among their units. Its not just they the whole battletome only has 3 non-hero units. The Vulkite kit has 2 sets of 5 identical bodies  and the Hearthguard kit (which builds aurics and berserkers) has 5 identical bodies with no customization options beyond the weapons. Its such a sad poor value kit compared to something like Militarum Tempestus  (17 head options for 5 dudes in that kit). I love Fyreslayer lore and aesthetics but its such a difficult army to stay motivated own. Its an amazing study in an army with amazing sculpts taken individually but terrible when viewed taken as an army.

Edited by Forrix
  • Like 1

1) Ulgu Aelves. I am sure this is happening sooner or later, but I am anyway excited to see what shady things Malerion have been cooking up.

2) Chaos Duardin. I wish they'd receive the GW treatment instead of Forge World - who knows how long they'll be available to purchase? If GW would make them a mainline army at comparable pricepoint to other armies, I'd buy enough to make Hashut proud.

3) Malice. What would a Malice force look like? I don't know, but I would be excited to know!

• Like 1

Both duardin factions, KO and Fyreslayers. My Grots need some good stunty rivals, and both need some work.

I wish KO had some high armor infantry, like how Dispossessed have Ironbreakers. Like boarding parties or something who serve as armored KO veterans, or Steam-powered Golems to be deployed out of their cargo holds. Arkanauts are too squishy and horde-like for proper Duardin I feel. Also an Weapon Upgrade Kit to make outfitting Arkanauts cheaper.

Fyreslayers need diversity in unit appearance. A lot of their units look similar as “Naked Duardin holding different equipment/weapons”. Some visual diversity, like some monster hunters with large axes and drakescale capes, mini Magmadroth cavalry, maybe a flame cannon or oil flask catapult.