The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Aelfric said:

Why is there an assumption by many that because  no new Fireslayer units were revealed that there won't be any?   GW rarely reveal everything in one go.  

True, but if they were releasing new models this would have been the time to do it. They also don't hint at "more to come" save for the rules side of things. IT also sounds like they are going to beef them up the same way theyv'e done with flesh-eaters - ergo armies of magmadroths etc..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SwampHeart said:

But by all means continue to complain about it - as I recall you spent a decent page in the BoC thread talking to me about how my negative attitude towards Gors wasn't helping anyone but I'm sure constantly complaining about faction specific terrain is entirely different. 

Haha if it's about that's fine. Just call me on complaining then. So far I though we were having a conversation. In response to a question about the arguments some people had not liking it. And seeing the response...

1 minute ago, elfhead said:

Thanks for the response, i can see your point. I guess that, as someone who doesn’t play, i didn’t consider te gaming side of it. 

... that's exactly what happened. And @elfhead No worries, always happy to eleborate if I didn't manage to get my argument written down right.

8 minutes ago, SwampHeart said:

What you described isn't a matched play experience, its a narrative play experience which is very different. 

Absolutely its less true. Those terrain pieces aren't required and in a narrative game experience you are expected to shift the rules to fit your desired narrative. If those terrain pieces don't fit the story you are telling you don't use them. 

The argument that they're immersion breaking doesn't hold up because if that's your primary interest then GW literally has a way to play spelled out for you where by your immersion doesn't have to be broken with faction specific terrain pieces. The fact that you chose to play matched play when its clearly not a fit for what you want out of the game isn't the fault of the system. 

But just in case you still want to have a conversation. I think I get what you are trying to say. And I agree with the argument that if a certain set of rules don't agree with your way of enjoying it, You should drop it. Fully agree with that, and that's what we do with endless spells. 

The difference for me is that you can't drop the add on of faction specific terrain without hurting different allegiance abilities differently. So dropping the Charnell throne isn't a big of a deal as dropping the Herdstone. 

So when you say its Narrative instead of matched play I disagree. Yes we want to create a narrative setting but game competitive within that. And again I don't dislike the faction terrain. I dislike the execution on some of them, they feel forced. But maybe it's all down where we draw the line between narrative and matched play. That's of course personal. 

• Like 2

On 3/5/2019 at 7:59 PM, HollowHills said:

As someone who has painted a lot of deepkin over the last year or so... This rumour engine is 100% for deepkin. The chest and vase are both strongly represented on other sprues, eidolon, shipwreck and akhelian units all have these. 

I also suggest the coins relate to underwater treasure. 

My strongest belief is its endless spells for deepkin, because it reuses existing models and suits the made in China style of those models. 

#shame #embarrassed #whippedbyslaanesh

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

That Keeper of Secrets is an outstandingly good model. There’s so much subtle detail, composure. I can’t see a skull or a spike 😮. It may be one of my favourite kits of recent years. Can’t wait to see the other options that come with it, also can’t waitto convert it. 

All the Slaanesh units look great, that Daemon prince/Daemonette duo look like they stepped out of the Dantes inferno Boss Concepts. This book is a definite for me, I really want to know what Kinky Boots  has been doing all this time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HollowHills said:

#shame #embarrassed #whippedbyslaanesh

There's something deliciously Slaanesh-y about them specifically previewing the Idoneth urns on a Slaanesh terrain piece when they knew we'd argue that it'd be Idoneth endless spells.

2 hours ago, Furuzzolo said:

Cause you hear the 0.05% of Fyreslayer's players voices.

You mean all the 5 Fyreslayer players? There is a reason why Fyreslayer Discussion thread has 8 pages although it is one of the oldest armies. I can tell you that - you won't be seeing neither new pages, nor new players any time soon. That's not how you revive one of the least popular armies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Aryann said:

You mean all the 5 Fyreslayer players? There is a reason why Fyreslayer Discussion thread has 8 pages although it is one of the oldest armies. I can tell you that - you won't be seeing neither new pages, nor new players any time soon. That's not how you revive one of the least popular armies. 

Ohhh can we bet on the whole no new players/pages thing! 

Last I checked Flesheaters have about as many models and they are doin rather fine at present. 

• Like 3

To put it in Vince and Tom words: This Adepticon preview was thrilling and I'm actually looking forward to see the one in Warhammer Fest since I'll be there in person!!!

To comment on what was released I have to agree certain terrain pieces are a little bit out of narrative context in most scenarios in matched play but hey, that forge looks amazing!!! Regarding the Fyreslayers I get the mumbling, but we still don't know how those Endless Spells can be summoned and/or removed. Those 2 magma lizards/golems may end up un-removable if not killing them or even better may not be limited at one at the same time, hence creating a type of summonable unit...

Warcry being not Chaos-only definitely attracted me, and I'm really hoping those Chaos critters mean there's also an AI component cause that would be the first skirmish game I heard of that has AI component for a semi-cooperative gameplay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aryann said:

yeah sadly, when I post the Battletome news it only grew about a quarter of a page, not exactly what I call hype

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, pseudonyme said:

As apparently there is also a mirror matching DOK design, do you think there will also be artefacts hinting the future elves factions on this Slaanesh terrain?

I'm hoping that they will release the rules for the Temple of Khelt Nar for DoK when they release the Slaanesh Battletome.  Morathi established them to guard a powerful spiral of Shadow magic and something is keeping Slaanesh confined.

• Like 1

I think it was silly for people to expect whole new units for the Fyreslayers update. Look at Skaven, FEC, and BoC. All got new tomes, spells, and terrain. That's about it. Skaven and FEC each got one new hero, but I wouldn't consider those game-changers. Old armies are mostly just getting rules updates so they can compete with other factions. Doesn't mean they won't get new models in the future, but right now we're in the "Elevator Arc." Gotta get everyone on the same level before we start doing anything truly crazy with them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, novakai said:

yeah sadly, when I post the Battletome news it only grew about a quarter of a page, not exactly what I call hype

When I was first looking into AoS, I wanted to play dwarfs, but they were gone, but I always enjoyed slayer units.  When someone told me I could play slayers, got a bit excited then I saw the range.  To this day, I still can't tell the difference between the units other than weapons.  Lava salamander is cool though

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I think it was silly for people to expect whole new units for the Fyreslayers update. Look at Skaven, FEC, and BoC. All got new tomes, spells, and terrain. That's about it. Skaven and FEC each got one new hero, but I wouldn't consider those game-changers. Old armies are mostly just getting rules updates so they can compete with other factions. Doesn't mean they won't get new models in the future, but right now we're in the "Elevator Arc." Gotta get everyone on the same level before we start doing anything truly crazy with them.

Aye, plus GW has limited slots to produce new stuff which has to be split with all the other games GW produces. So in the end some armies have to pull a short straw. We know that there's at least 2 full new armies for AoS not to mention whatever else they might add here and there through the lifespan of 2.0. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BaronBanana said:

When I was first looking into AoS, I wanted to play dwarfs, but they were gone, but I always enjoyed slayer units.  When someone told me I could play slayers, got a bit excited then I saw the range.  To this day, I still can't tell the difference between the units other than weapons.  Lava salamander is cool though 

For real, before I got into Fyreslayers I thought this was failing of mine, but in reality there's just no meaningful difference between the Vulkite and Hearthguard kits aside from weapons. There's little things, the Hearthguard have smaller beards and slightly different loincloths/jewelry and more small details ect but the overall design is 90% the same.  It's a lot like first wave Stormcast where almost everything is just a liberator with different gear but with even less variation.

I'm gonna get all the new Fyreslayer stuff but at this point I kinda  want GW to put out a new Fyreslayer model just to prove they're capable of coming up with a different Fyreslayer design after four years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Overread said:

Ohhh can we bet on the whole no new players/pages thing! 

Last I checked Flesheaters have about as many models and they are doin rather fine at present. 

Are they? I think fyreslayers, fec and ironjawz are all in a kinda sucky place.

19 minutes ago, madmac said:

For real, before I got into Fyreslayers I thought this was failing of mine, but in reality there's just no meaningful difference between the Vulkite and Hearthguard kits aside from weapons. There's little things, the Hearthguard have smaller beards and slightly different loincloths/jewelry and more small details ect but the overall design is 90% the same.  It's a lot like first wave Stormcast where almost everything is just a liberator with different gear but with even less variation.

I'm gonna get all the new Fyreslayer stuff but at this point I kinda  want GW to put out a new Fyreslayer model just to prove they're capable of coming up with a different Fyreslayer design after four years.

Even different hairstyles would be nice.  It was like the designer had a deadline, forgot about it for months, got notified five minutes before the reveal and just copy pasted the entire line

Just now, BaronBanana said:

Even different hairstyles would be nice.  It was like the designer had a deadline, forgot about it for months, got notified five minutes before the reveal and just copy pasted the entire line

New heads and weapon options from forgeworld could help