The Rumour Thread

13 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

Also I think if the lumineth got a third Battletome next year the local lumineth players would probably tear their hair out. 3 books in 2 years is a bit nuts, unless the Lumineth are the new face of Order GA.

Darn aelf marines.

I wouldn't mind AoS 3rd edition book but yeah.... I already own two books, the digital edition and broken realms Teclis.... So I can wait!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

I wouldn't mind AoS 3rd edition book but yeah.... I already own two books, the digital edition and broken realms Teclis.... So I can wait!

Lumineth are my main army. I too wouldn’t really mind if there was new lore and cool models to go along with a new book. I don’t need to buy them all at once 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Howdyhedberg said:

2 hours ago, Ledgington said:

Lumineth are my main army. I too wouldn’t really mind if there was new lore and cool models to go along with a new book. I don’t need to buy them all at once 

Theres no reason to not want a new book if you want one!! Yes there have been 2 and its unfortunate for most other armies but at the end of the day if they released a new Ogor and Sons Battletome next year with all new models, before Factions such as Idoneth and Fyreslayers, I'd be over the moon. It's your hobby at the end of the day, enjoy yourselves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Theres no reason to not want a new book if you want one!! Yes there have been 2 and its unfortunate for most other armies but at the end of the day if they released a new Ogor and Sons Battletome next year with all new models, before Factions such as Idoneth and Fyreslayers, I'd be over the moon. It's your hobby at the end of the day, enjoy yourselves.

This has me wonder how would you feel about Ogor/Gargant soup?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

I really wanted them to do a plush squig but this is just too...seasonal. Give me an unadorned version and I will purchase it in a heartbeat, GW.

Absolutely. Seasonally themed gifts intended for Christmas just strike me as the most short-sighted thing. It's festive for the day you get it, and then go immediately out of season a day later until you pull it out the next year as "the Christmas squig". Granted I'm 100% on board for the Christmas squig to eat the elf on the shelf and replace it within the holiday hierarchy, but I would be so much more on board with a normal squig I can throw a Santa hat on 1 month out of the year.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, CeleFAZE said:

Absolutely. Seasonally themed gifts intended for Christmas just strike me as the most short-sighted thing. It's festive for the day you get it, and then go immediately out of season a day later until you pull it out the next year as "the Christmas squig". Granted I'm 100% on board for the Christmas squig to eat the elf on the shelf and replace it within the holiday hierarchy, but I would be so much more on board with a normal squig I can throw a Santa hat on 1 month out of the year.

This is just a ploy to make 365 different squigs. Yes, you COULD have a St. Patty's Squig with a green hat, or an Easter Squig with bunny ears...but why not January 13th Squig? Or June 28th? Can you even call yourself a real fan if you don't have an October 5th Squig? I don't think so!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

This is just a ploy to make 365 different squigs. Yes, you COULD have a St. Patty's Squig with a green hat, or an Easter Squig with bunny ears...but why not January 13th Squig? Or June 28th? Can you even call yourself a real fan if you don't have an October 5th Squig? I don't think so!

Sign me up.

411138718_October3rd.jpg.3d77d90e1054b8e90441388f80ad7fa7.jpg

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

This has me wonder how would you feel about Ogor/Gargant soup?

I could see it happening. The Mawtribes and Sons do have different cultures but not as different as say Fyreslayers and KO. 

Lore wise unless the Sons start to make big moves in the Mortal Realms, the book will function the same unless new Gargants are added.

Seeing as how Gargants ally themselves to every Faction if they were to be joined with one permanently, the Mawtribes make the most sense. They love food and drink and fighting, hell Ogors are basically just a shorter Gargant!!

I could definitely see it happening, probably not this Edition but next. And I mean if the Lore section of the book isnt made any smaller with the 2 coming together, it actually means I'll save money only buying 1 battletome!!

I'm all for it personally and wouldnt mind one bit so long as the lore section wasnt affected. The Gargant question is, what would the new collected Faction be named? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm all for it personally and wouldnt mind one bit so long as the lore section wasnt affected. The Gargant question is, what would the new collected Faction be named? 

counts as multiple units on an objective lords

real big boys lords

hefty lad warclans

Ogor Mawtribes XXL

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

Also I think if the lumineth got a third Battletome next year the local lumineth players would probably tear their hair out. 3 books in 2 years is a bit nuts, unless the Lumineth are the new face of Order GA.

Darn aelf marines.

It's still kind of soonish* though how soon is difficult to say

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mattrulesok said:

counts as multiple units on an objective lords

real big boys lords

hefty lad warclans

Ogor Mawtribes XXL

Realm Eaters? World Crushers? Sons of the Maw!?

59 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

It's still kind of soonish* though how soon is difficult to say

2024 perhaps?