The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, CarkFish said:

Chaos stormcast?? .... The story hinted at it, I just put it out of my mind.... Surly that's just too wacky right!?

If you consider Stormcast to be Order Chaos Warriors, or, alternatively Chaos Warriors were the basis for Space marines who the basis for Stormcast line of thought. Either way, that's a loop closing onto itself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Chaos Warriors and their God off-shoots are already 'Chaos Stormcast' as it were (well, Warriors came first so I guess it's the other way around but you know what I mean).

It's not a coincidence the Black Legion and StD have the same colour 'Eavy Metal colour scheme, nevermind that Blood Warriors are used with barely any conversion beyond arm swaps for a lot of Khorne Berserkers these days.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

On 5/1/2021 at 2:24 PM, dirkdragonslayer said:

My current assumption is that Kragnos is Beasts of Chaos. The face we see in one teaser pictures looks like a fancy Gor face. My guess is that he is some sort of god of Ur-Centaurs/Bull-Centaurs that built that ruined city he overlooks. They lost a war or something leading to Kragnos being sealed away, and he woke up to his people being snuffed out by the forces of Order. In a rage or searching for the closest thing to his children he takes command of the Beasts of Chaos.

I don't think he is destruction anymore, since the Kragnos book character line-up seems very focused on "Order vs Chaos." From what we have seen of the Broken Realms so far, Destruction isn't a factor and him being destruction would compete for attention with whatever Gordrakk is doing in the background.

Maybe he’s a renamed Kholek Suneater for BoC: named Dragon Ogor Shaggoth *shrug*

centaur, beast, huge centerpiece model...used to have rules but no official model. 

Leaner orcs? So just regular non-black orcs ala Fantasy? Or, maybe, going by this Mongolian talk about their look and the Hobbit... a re-visit to how Orcs used to look like back in the earlier editions of Fantasy?

Old Orcs 2.jpg

Old Orcs 3.PNG

Old Orcs.JPG

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 3

2 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

You mean Tengger Cavalry, right? 👹

Mongol and Nine Treasures too! 😍

Edit: I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight because I don't know why the idea of smaller leaner Orcs bothers me so much, but bigger Goblins feels fine 😂

Edited by Black_Templar_Lad
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I don't know why but I am surprised by the amount coming out next week. I think that alongside the incoming news this will be a big and expensive week for many. 🤭

Hopefully that Necromunda set is less than the ten million CAD one on the store currently. I personally feel like Necromunda is the most intriguing of the 40k related material but it has an unbelievably daunting cost of entry. 

Necromunda still has you buy three books to field 10 people. As long as they don't phase out gangs ot underhive by putting stuff not covered in the battletomes in the core book, I wouldn't get in.

Pretty models though. Used an Escher sword today to make a fencer, very useful.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, FFJump said:

Leaner orcs? So just regular non-black orcs ala Fantasy? Or, maybe, going by this Mongolian talk about their look and the Hobbit... a re-visit to how Orcs used to look like back in the earlier editions of Fantasy?

Old Orcs 2.jpg

Old Orcs 3.PNG

Old Orcs.JPG

If this comes to pass, It would be wonderful! - I have around 80 or so Orcs from this era just waiting to be re-based on to rounds.  

7 hours ago, Kronos said:

Its by an artist called Firhat Solhan. Looks to be official. He did the other Kragnos character reveal animations - the Slaanesh twins and the Sylvaneth Hippie piper. 

B66BE72C-C395-4891-A939-95C99F9EEA5E.jpeg

7DDFC59D-1A33-436A-8CBF-84534CF7493F.jpeg

In the HoS thread I shared my toughts on the Slaanesh one. Some of the Daemonettes at their feet are suspicious of being new models, specially the one with four arms and a staff. More so, Dexcessa is wielding a different staff than the model, wich make me think someone built her wrong for the preview pics (the model have the same staff-tip than Synnessa instead)

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Yoid said:

In the HoS thread I shared my toughts on the Slaanesh one. Some of the Daemonettes at their feet are suspicious of being new models, specially the one with four arms and a staff. More so, Dexcessa is wielding a different staff than the model, wich make me think someone built her wrong for the preview pics (the model have the same staff-tip than Synnessa instead)

I think it's more likely to be artistic licence than someone built the model wrong.

I feel like tomorrow will have lots to mull over but the tension over what will be shown on Saturday will build. I suppose if we get a full Kragnos and Soulblight reveal we can feel more confident about the weekend whereas if only one is shown 2.0 will last longer.

Warhammer Groundhog day. 

Edited by Neverchosen
Double posted and decided to contribute further thoughts.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I feel like tomorrow will have lots to mull over but the tension over what will be shown on Saturday will build. I suppose if we get a full Kragnos and Soulblight reveal we can feel more confident about the weekend whereas if only one is shown 2.0 will last longer.

Warhammer Groundhog day. 

I think the chances of getting a full Kragnos and Soulblight reveal tomorrow is about 95%. The big question is whether they tease 3.0 tomorrow or throw in a genuine curve ball or 2. As for Saturday I think there's about a 60% chance we see 3.0 but they could do Horus Heresy instead. I think it would be cool if they did both. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, willange said:

Honestly I'm excited even if all we see is Kragnos and more SBGL.  I love a good model reveal!  Anything on top of that is just gravy for me!  So get this gravy train going!

It wpuld be funny if kragnos, who's silhouette we thought to have seen, is just a ratman, part of the grand allegiance skaven😂

32 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

I’m ridiculously excited. I’m 26 but feel like a 12 year old waiting to open his presents at Christmas. Gotta love the plastic toy soldiers!

I’m certain that I’ll be feeling the same way as soon as the Skaven get an update.

Currently I’m just not extremely into anything that isn’t a rat

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I’m certain that I’ll be feeling the same way as soon as the Skaven get an update.

Currently I’m just not extremely into anything that isn’t a rat

i feel like your getting desperate here if that all your commenting about

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

I’m ridiculously excited. I’m 26 but feel like a 12 year old waiting to open his presents at Christmas. Gotta love the plastic toy soldiers!

I'm 36 and I slept really bad today. I'm very worried about Kragnos and if all the leaks are true or not.

• Sad 3