The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, obaobaboss said:

Just a little nerd comment: The Fay Enchantress and the Lady of the lake are not the same thing. The Fay Enchantress is/was a human (chosen by the elven goddess), stealing the magical kids and telling the knights what they have to do. The highest of the damsels. 

Well at least your not being a nerd about the semantically appropriate use of the word "tax". 

Was she the same as Allerielle? I vaguely remember the brettonians were accidently worshiping an elf goddess or something. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Well at least your not being a nerd about the semantically appropriate use of the word "tax". 

Was she the same as Allerielle? I vaguely remember the brettonians were accidently worshiping an elf goddess or something. 

Nay, Alarielle (as the Everqueen) was an avatar of an aspect of Isha, much like Ariel of Athel Loren.

The Lady of the Lake was Lileath, Goddess of the Moon, Dreams and Fortune. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

Dude, come on. I've rolled with the humor (liking several opposing-view comments cuz, you know, they're funny) on this topic.  No need to sully things with thinly-veiled pot shots. :( Keep it light.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Sleboda said:

I get the common usage part. 

But, two things.

1. Things only become common usage when we allow them to. Using my lunch line/commute example, people absolutely should work to prevent that from taking hold if it starts getting used. It's just plain inaccurate and should be nipped in the bud.

(Edit: A lot of people misuse "then" when they are trying to say "than." Should we not try to fix that just because it's common? (As in "I will do this then that" versus "I will do this rather than that.") Popularity does not dictate accuracy.)

Ye are usyng yncorrect language, yourself my friend. Juste by cause youre wey of speakyng ys common and popular doesn't mene it ys correct. 

-FYI I was just using a form of middle English to high light the point that language changes, so we really should not be so uptight about how people use words 'inaccurately' as long as we can understand them

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HollowHills said:

It was the elven goddess Ladrielle.

She and  The Lady were the same being: they were both facets of Lileath, elven goddess of dreams, fortune, the moon, prophecy and magic.

She revealed this and herself to Duke Jarrod in the end times, telling him they were really nothing more than fodder to be thrown at the enemy, Lileath was using the Bretonnians as unwitting protectors of Athel Loren.

It was at this point that Jarrod's will was broken as he realised that the entire nation of bretonnia had been built on a lie.

It was during end times that the green knight was revealed to be the spirit of Guile de Breton.

Basically they were led down the garden path by a tricksy watery elf tart, who sold them down the river when it all got a bit warm and toasty - that's wood smurfs and high smurfs for you that is. 

Anyway the sword rumour is obvious.

It's a massive scabbard for the Imperial knight Giant who can be armed with a massive sword the length of a dragons neck. The sword on it's flat also acts as a slide to allow Johan and  the other fleeing peasants who are sprinkled about the giants person to amuse themselves and have a slide to play with when the peasants and Giant have down time.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 1

Do you guys think the new animated logo background on Warhammer Community with the Tzeentcy fireworks is going to be an expanding teaser like the Gloomspite Christmas landscape last year? I feel like there is room in the middle of it for more animations. A new army perhaps?

happynewyear.png

54 minutes ago, Dawnmane said:

Do you guys think the new animated logo background on Warhammer Community with the Tzeentcy fireworks is going to be an expanding teaser like the Gloomspite Christmas landscape last year? I feel like there is room in the middle of it for more animations. A new army perhaps?

happynewyear.png

Not gonna lie, I'd love to see more stuff for my army (my only army in AOS) but I'd be surprised if something outside of the new Magister came our way. I'd love a new Curseling though, could even look the same.... but we're one of the most complete armies at this point, so "complaining" would be kinda childish.

Edit: I do hope to see the battletome preview soon though. Already sitting on needles! :D

Edited by MitGas

1 hour ago, Gecktron said:

From Facebook: FB_IMG_1577881758283.jpg.276975b66cd1e655529659fc2e62c856.jpg

Barak-Thryng is shaping up to be quite interesting.

Considering that this is the city that can take other duardin units as their own, makes this ability very useful.

I’ll probably going to start a duardin army with that book, if it is possible to take mostly dispossesseds. In the army

3 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Considering that this is the city that can take other duardin units as their own, makes this ability very useful.

I’ll probably going to start a duardin army with that book, if it is possible to take mostly dispossesseds. In the army

Work only on KO as Fyreslayers and other Duardin doesnt have Skyfarers keyword.

Just now, DantePQ said:

Work only on KO as Fyreslayers and other Duardin doesnt have Skyfarers keyword.

Depends on if the ability to take other duardin also grants them the skyfarer keyword, (It's necessary in order to take them on airships, also) we can't say for certain yet.

7 minutes ago, Banshee1978 said:

Something tells me it will be hard to sell of the tzeench part of the upcoming box..

Hard to say considering we haven't seen any Tzeentch rules and are missing a lot of the KO still. Entirely possible KO could be garbage and Tzeentch god tier.