The Rumour Thread

22 minutes ago, Boytoy said:

Really hoping Seraphon get a rework in the new year. saurus are just so dated at this point, and Slann not having a plastic kit is a travesty

Believe me I would love seeing a rework for a ton of army (especially that of the skaven, and seraphons).

although Looking at the skaven it’s really a shame they didn’t get any replacement.

especially when you look at the acolyte models.

Unlike the skaven our well more or less said hated lizardthings (hated, in a skaveny way, O personally don’t hate them but rather love their old world lore and will be very keen on seeing what gw will have changed with the new book) will hopfully get the gloompite treatment, and sthe skaven some kind of model update, soon after.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

The dual army box seems appealing to me. I have many tzaangors (60) and 3*3 enlighten.skyfires. I think that 9 more is a minimum (to be safe with 9 of each). But I'll probably go higher just because those guys are not that bad in 40K either! 

And to go fully disc army, it's nice! I remind you that those discs are super fast and (before new tome) super efficient. 

On the KO side, whatever(s coming is good because I want to start this army for ages and this is a nice deal especially for a fully flying army....

3 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

*laughs in Warlock Bombardier*

Well, then good it's not the Curseling I want as I won't get the box. I got lots of Tzaangors and Screamers and want nothing to do with Dwarfs! :P

Sucks that they don't bring out the special chars for so long though, I thought they followed like half a year later usually. 

58 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Wow that’s a large culling of the forgeworld range 

leaves 

greater daemons

legion of azhorh

gloomspite gitz monsters 

stormcast heads 

and that’s about it 

More surprised at the Skaven and  Nurgle stuff leaving than the random monsters that never got a clear faction keyword. I didn't notice when it changed, but it's also nice to see that the rogue idol got the bonesplitterz and ironjawz keywords.

All the monsters going away is really unfortunate as they were some really nice models, but they just never really got put into the game itself very well.

Edited by bsharitt

It looks like a cool box, but since my chances of actually getting one are so low I'm not going to get excited about it. I got lucky with looncurse, but although I love the Kharadrons, i reckon I'll just have to wait for the new hero.

I do wonder though whether they might have held off releasing the heros separately because there were still more to come. If this dual box marks the end of the update cycle, then we might see them all in due course.

4 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Urgh it's a damn shame isn't it. Guttered to have missed out on the Fimir. 

So, the New Year Open Day, what does everyone think.

40k: Next PA book teaser

AoS: Next army teaser

WarCry: Scions of the Flame reveal 

Trying to keep my expectations low, any other reveals would be a bonus for me. 

AoS: next army teaser and more info for Tzeench vs KO release

Warcry: Scions of the flame plus cards for Tzeench and KO forces.

9 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Urgh it's a damn shame isn't it. Guttered to have missed out on the Fimir. 

So, the New Year Open Day, what does everyone think.

40k: Next PA book teaser

AoS: Next army teaser

WarCry: Scions of the Flame reveal 

Trying to keep my expectations low, any other reveals would be a bonus for me. 

40k: Saga of the Beast preview, maybe a model.

AoS: Seraphon Battletome reveal.

WarCry: Spire Tyrants and maybe Scions.

Underworlds: Daughters of Khaine/Maggotkin Warband reveals.

Nercromunda: Standalone Subjugator/Corpse Cult boxes.

Additional: This year's store anniversary Stormcast/Primaris.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

40k: Saga of the Beast preview, maybe a model.  

AoS: Seraphon Battletome reveal. 🚫

WarCry: Spire Tyrants and maybe Scions.  

Underworlds: Daughters of Khaine/Maggotkin Warband reveals.  

Nercromunda: Standalone Subjugator/Corpse Cult boxes.  

Additional: This year's store anniversary Stormcast/Primaris.  

My 2 pence worth of thoughts 

Edited by Carnelian

15 hours ago, Laststand said:

Tell that to the skaven bombardier, arch revenant and other box set heroes. Its been almost 11months for the skaven and FEC, 6 for Sylvaneth. 

My personal opinion is that they are preparing small expansions like they are doing in 40k and those heroes would naturally fit being released as stand-alone with that small update.

Regarding the AoS open day I doubt will have any 40k or Necromunda news, 40k open day I think had nothing AoS related. What I think we will see it’s a hint of the new army coming in H1 2020 and the Scions of flame, maybe a seraphon hint.

45 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

My personal opinion is that they are preparing small expansions like they are doing in 40k and those heroes would naturally fit being released as stand-alone with that small update.

Regarding the AoS open day I doubt will have any 40k or Necromunda news, 40k open day I think had nothing AoS related. What I think we will see it’s a hint of the new army coming in H1 2020 and the Scions of flame, maybe a seraphon hint.

It's not a AoS open day but a new year open day so all systems covered.

Regarding the characters still to become available separately, it's coming up to a year since carrion empire came out so we might see the heroes released then.

I think looking at the Shadowspear box gives us a clue as to how the limited hero models will be released, new Start Collecting boxes

it makes sense that gw might want to take out the Zombie Dragon from the current Flesh Eaters box as I imagine hardly anyone buys the individual model anymore, same with Sylvaneth and the Treelord. Gloomspite Gits still need a Start Collecting box anyway so that makes sense as well

• Like 1