The Rumour Thread

11 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I would absolutely love more Ogors in Bruttogs style but I swear to Behemat if COS gets new Ogor minis before Mawtribes I would actively step away from the hobby for a while.

I just have to say that City Ogors with optional parts might be the best way to get new plastic Maneaters... this side of Bloodbowl at least.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Kitsumy said:

well that metawatch table is interesting, we can see how some 3.0 books are worse than previous books, like idoneth one, despite everyone being so sure it is great!! and i get so much hate everytime i claim that book had some glaring isues....

this table clearly shows state of some armys prior vs post new tome, and idk is the one with biggest difference 😘

It is more balanced book both internal and external. More units and builds are viable not just eels. For me that is better book.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

They now have giant flying turtles armed with siege weapons as battleline and go absolutely ham on them in 2000+ lists.

The very definition of all arguments are now invalid. 😛 

Well the General griffon is 100% dead. All those Karl Franz & Talabheim emblems covering it are just not gonna fly for a new flagship mortal faction of the Mortal Realms.

Demigryphs and Greatswords I can see being replaced for more dynamic sculpts like the Flame Scions or Stormcast Vanquishers who show the heft of their huge weapons.

CDD1653C-4537-41B7-9B6D-35A1614AFFBB-128
hhh67fyurvk91.jpg?auto=webp&s=f8fd5fb030

So I can imagine refreshes to give them more weight and make the demigryphs more vicious to show off what their new models can pull off.(besides new armor and clothes to mark them as not from the world-that-was anymore)

Also can we take a moment to appreciate this GW store thumbnail that put Christmas notes over a very tableau scene:

F01F3C43-7E03-43EE-B296-8AF42B37B1F7.png

Stumbled on it today browsing their stuff and the juxtaposition of jingle notes with skulls going over a artistic impression of Nagash-Radukar killing a bird-headed knight was just delightful.

General on Griffin can be built without KF signs with the right chest piece, Demis have it on their armour somewhere.

I kinda expect that they will be dumped, but that doesn't mean the kits aren't great. 

Celestian Hurricanum is similarely good, but quite a challenging build and paint.

This was mostly advice to Public Universal Duardin if she wanted to get some taller models (if only to get things off the high shelves).

Edited by zilberfrid

On 12/7/2022 at 11:44 PM, KingBrodd said:

For the next Edition Im feeling Chamon. 

Chaos Duardin, Kharadron Overlords and Fyreslayers.

Give us the Duardin Edition!!

We know Chamon is being claimed by Tzeench and I seem to remember that the Grungni's Forge fell into Skaven's han... erm, paws. Not sure if that's been addressed in any of the books. So there's both scope for Order/Chaos tug of war on many fronts and a possible narrative anchor for strong dwarven representation.

Saying that, it's hard to predict how they'll move on with the realms selection. They could either continue to exploit Ghur region-by-region, or they could decide to start jumping around. I checked the Wikipedia page for 'consistency' and GW's picture was not used there as an illustration.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Also can we take a moment to appreciate this GW store thumbnail that put Christmas notes over a very tableau scene:

F01F3C43-7E03-43EE-B296-8AF42B37B1F7.png

Stumbled on it today browsing their stuff and the juxtaposition of jingle notes with skulls going over a artistic impression of Nagash-Radukar killing a bird-headed knight was just delightful.

Where are you seeing that? Not only is it not available on the UK site, it's not even listed there anymore.

Next edition realm focus will be imho obviously a mix of Ghur and mostly Ulgu as "probably" we'll see the rightful Phoenix king coming back.
But i dread we'll get another empty year...a single full release like cities can't full the drought of last year :P .
I always hope for more duardin but i know we will not see anything for a long time sadly (unless chorfs comes out at least).

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Next edition realm focus will be imho obviously a mix of Ghur and mostly Ulgu as "probably" we'll see the rightful Phoenix king coming back.
But i dread we'll get another empty year...a single full release like cities can't full the drought of last year :P .
I always hope for more duardin but i know we will not see anything for a long time sadly (unless chorfs comes out at least).

I believe that Chorfs capital or one of the biggest city is in Ulgu? 

Edited by cofaxest

23 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Goblin warband warscroll for AoS is up. 

Pretty good tho not sure why the gobbo hero has 6 wounds! 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/downloads/#warhammer-age-of-sigmar

Fight on death for any moonclan unit is pretty good.

Also people need to stop making more than point in their posts. Whitefang’s confused reaction could mean that Malerion isn’t coming, chorfs are coming, next year is getting more than one big release or any combination of those. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rachmani said:

I think we can all agree that the Gally meta is a failure. It weakened something that wasn’t strong to begin with.

Monster season, people wanting to put every monster they can in the list.

infantry season, people trying to avoid putting infantry in their lista at all costs.

Yeah, something went wrong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ragest said:

infantry season, people trying to avoid putting infantry in their lista at all costs.

I think the curent meta is the healthiest we have ever had, thanks to bounty hunters (no horror spam, no zombie spam etc...).

But it's not an infantry meta at all, that's for sure.

So the current GHB is a failure as far as flavor and theme, but it's a success in terms of balance and pleasure at the table.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Honestly the monster meta wasn't much successful, people avoided normal monsters in general. Mostly the hero monsters with a 3+ save were the favored monsters and the normal ones were seen as free points to the opponent.

I started interpreting GW focus in a unit as a sign to avoid most of the units that fall in that role. They give too much bonus if you kill that kind of unit but to little bonus for actually using those units.

11 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Can we just take a moment to recognize that Grinkrak the Great, a git with delusions of grandeur, hits about as hard as a Knight-Questor, one of the fightiest of the Stormcast knight characters (who are themselves meant to be superpowered heroes). Not that I mind, it's just a little funny.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

37 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Can we just take a moment to recognize that Grinkrak the Great, a git with delusions of grandeur, hits about as hard as a Knight-Questor, one of the fightiest of the Stormcast knight characters (who are themselves meant to be superpowered heroes). Not that I mind, it's just a little funny.

The power of confidence, and a nice sharp shiv, can overcome all obstacles

• Like 8

1 hour ago, KarrWolves said:

I think the curent meta is the healthiest we have ever had, thanks to bounty hunters (no horror spam, no zombie spam etc...).

But it's not an infantry meta at all, that's for sure.

So the current GHB is a failure as far as flavor and theme, but it's a success in terms of balance and pleasure at the table.

I think my gripes with it come down to their inability to just make „normal“ units work.

The meta works to reign in the biggest tarpits and such, but the quasi removal of the simple infantry is an overwhelming main- or side effect.

Edited by Rachmani
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Sahrial said:

Holy ****** that’s a lot of pages since I last checked the site.

I’ve been in a hardcore buildathon of Ogors and Horus Heresy for the last few weeks. What’d I miss?

Rumours of removal of loads of humies and non humies from Cities.

Too much to summarise, worth a scroll back.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

Holy ****** that’s a lot of pages since I last checked the site.

I’ve been in a hardcore buildathon of Ogors and Horus Heresy for the last few weeks. What’d I miss?

Cities is  apparently the spring order book. Seraphon are the summer book. Khorne and Fec are getting a big rules glow up. Khorne’s might be a bit too good.  Some Aelves are going away, but Cities will include new Ogors perhaps like the cursed city one. We’ve had 5 new warscrolls for underworlds and Warcry units. They all seem to be at least interesting. Someone thinks a book isn’t good unless it has a winrate of over 55%, others disagree. Two people reminisced about a gw store they used to go to and @KingBrodd is going to take a break from the hobby when the Cities book comes out as @Whitefang never misses. I think that about covers it.

• Like 10
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Cities is  apparently the spring order book. Seraphon are the summer book. Khorne and Fec are getting a big rules glow up. Khorne’s might be a bit too good.  Some Aelves are going away, but Cities will include new Ogors perhaps like the cursed city one. We’ve had 5 new warscrolls for underworlds and Warcry units. They all seem to be at least interesting. Someone thinks a book isn’t good unless it has a winrate of over 55%, others disagree. Two people reminisced about a gw store they used to go to and @KingBrodd is going to take a break from the hobby when the Cities book comes out as @Whitefang never misses. I think that about covers it.

Hopefully with Seraphon being summer release means we're getting a larger release than one hero (and the already released Hunters of Haunchi)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DinoJon said:

Hopefully with Seraphon being summer release means we're getting a larger release than one hero (and the already released Hunters of Haunchi)

Obviously I'm the first person to snort a large line of copium, but even the most sceptical people surely must see the amount of rumour engines that fit seraphon and nothing else. There's just enough that it surely cannot just be one small hero. In a half realistic half hopeful guess I'd say we'll get a release similar to nighthaunt or sylvaneth - 1 hero and 2 units or 2 heroes and 1 unit

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, cofaxest said:

I believe that Chorfs capital or one of the biggest city is in Ulgu? 

Big city, their capital is definitely in the Eight-Points with those continent spanning forges. Though the point would be they want the forges, magic furnaces and ancient machinery Aqshy can offer them like the Aglorexi’s fallen Titan forges they used to make not-40k Titan golems with.

Fun note in the new Fyreslayers tome is that even the Ulgu Lodges despise making deals with them and they’re already shady as heck between slaying their Ulgu teachers, going to a large scale war against the Kharadron that’s still ongoing and just their Lodge sign in general:

image.png.91e7f89053e94c65c5f1de34fecc24a8.png

(I hope they and the Tangrim become future sub-faction Lodges in the next Fyreslayers tome, they can offer a lot of sneaky ambush playstyles while the Tangrim sub-faction could play their head-on honor charges even straighter while rocking the samurai motif with beards full of stars & lightning bolts backed up by Magmadrakes from Azyr

)

7 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

Where are you seeing that? Not only is it not available on the UK site, it's not even listed there anymore.

Just scrolled down on the AoS section of the US site. 🤷

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

Do AoS Greenskins have the same psychic gestalt "we thinks it's true, so it is" as 40k Orks? 

Nah, closest is Bonesplitterz belief in their tribal markings giving them protection making it actually give them a Ward. Otherwise it’s usually the work of Gorkamorka and the other Destruction gods making crazy things happen.

Though to give Destruction their due they have mastered the power of “belief can beat the unnatural” as forces like NightHaunt are powered by fear(to ludicrous degrees as if you’re scared enough they can no-sell even holy defenses so NightHaunt purposely send mortal agents into cities to tell horror stories and have studies dedicated on each races fears they can play on like Duardin are as a whole terrified of all their efforts being in vain and being completely forgotten by time so NightHaunt play on that by targeting their forges and haunting their crafts to curse their names).

So when the Necroquake was unleashed and they terrified the Sons of Behemat who witnessed their leader effortlessly killed by Olynder(turned him into black roses by a touch that scattered on the winds) and couldn’t stomp on the ghosts that the Bonesplitterz tribes of the Drakkfoot Warclans arrived to teach them how they hunt ethereal daemons & ghosts in Aqshy by Believing they can hurt them.

So rallying themselves the Sons believed again they can stomp on the ghosts and it started working, building their confidence so they could fight back against the NightHaunt invasions of Ghur which sparked off the Sole Wars.

So in the end it’s all about the power of self-confidence so even a rat assassin can match the power of a immortal lightning demigod. ;) 

c2pvin3633y91.jpg

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 2