The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Because it's nigh impossible for any non-Chaos humanoids to exist without being indentured to, or wiped out by, the Imperium. Such is the corner that 40k has been painted into.

Except that they have managed it for the last Ancestors know how many decades. And isn't there lore that they've been allied with the Tau at times?

3 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Except that they have managed it for the last Ancestors know how many decades. And isn't there lore that they've been allied with the Tau at times?

Nope. Tau are allied with the Demiurgs. A "kind-of-Squat-race". There are concept online to what they look like. And there is BFG tabletop and video game to see their spaceships. Honestly I much prefer those than Squats... but that's just me.

Edited by Harioch

On 4/1/2022 at 2:10 PM, Public Universal Duardin said:

LOOKS LIKE HYPE IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS (AND GALS AND NON-BINARY PALS)!!!!!

SPACE DWARVES! SPACE DWARVES! SPACE DWARVES!!!!

AND IF THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO BE A REAL ARMY, CHORFS HAVE TOO!

CHOP CHOO, THE DEMON ENGINE TO HYPETOWN LEAVES IN FIVE, ALL ABOARD 🚂🚂🚂👹👹👹

Kharadrons with boltguns..

As for the real dwarfs.. you wait till we hit the realm of fire edition. Yup. keep the faith brudder.

Realm of fire = Choas Dwarfs and some khorne for sure.  yae it shall be so.

Realm of fire for chaos dwarf rebirth

Realm of fire for khorne based mirth

With ears that long and faces that runny.

Elves won't laugh as they won't find it funny.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Haha 2

As a lover of all dwarfy things i must say...i don't know what to believe.
The trailer seems well made and perhaps was even made for something different( space hulk new game?Battlefleet gothic?some other thing?) and the squat part seems a sort of afterthought.
But the most credible rumor for 40k,that got  a whole year of releases said something about "Squats down the pipe....".
Also making a joke about Squats today seems off....because nobody would ever think they'll be back(so the joke would be about being real?)
Maybe just a killteam (sadly?)...but maybeeeeee they're really coming back in  40k with some units for Imperial guard or other thing.
Or maybe a full fledged army..?
I'm already bored about the "Grungni return" that (as for now) did'nt change anything for the whole dwarfkind in terms of releases, so i can't think that for once GW did something like bringing the squat back.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 3

That's one thing to do a prank about fish men or whatever ridiculous new faction because everybody laugh. That's another thing to do a prank about a faction a lot of players want to see back, thus taking the risk to seriously disappoint those players.

Hence I don't believe it's a joke, or maybe not totally. Otherwise there will be a lot of people upset, and for real not for joking.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tijee said:

That's one thing to do a prank about fish men or whatever ridiculous new faction because everybody laugh. That's another thing to do a prank about a faction a lot of players want to see back, thus taking the risk to seriously disappoint those players.

Hence I don't believe it's a joke, or maybe not totally. Otherwise there will be a lot of people upset, and for real not for joking.

Since when has GW ever shown any sensitivity or concern regarding avoiding making “a lot of people upset, and for real not joking”? This is the same company that windmill slammed the faction out of existence in the first place, yeah?

Edited by Lupercal
  • Like 1

As much as I think it would be awesome to see the return of our much loved space bikers...

This is GW's annual April Fools Day joke.

Please note, I am not trying to upset anyone. I get the wanting to believe. (I personally think the whole thing was freaking hilarious though - sorry!)

Wouldn‘t be suprised if it‘s just one hero dwarf  (like the woodelve from cursed city) for a boardgame style game or PC game.

hey they did the thunderhawk plastic joke , which upsets a lot of people.

just grab some Popcorn and enjoy the show :)

btw. any Info about KO white dwarf content?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Everyone is going to be real sad when its just a small Kill Team kit or part of a stand alone Space Hulk game

Maybe.😂

Im expecting it to still be a joke but if it is real, my money would be on a Kill Team

PS - I’m not good at gambling so don’t take this as I know something!!!

Edited by Gaz Taylor
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Everyone is going to be real sad when its just a small Kill Team kit or part of a stand alone Space Hulk game

I wouldn't mind a good kill team box. Apart from the layout of the sprue, the veteran guardsmen were brilliant!

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I wouldn't mind a good kill team box. Apart from the layout of the sprie, the veteran guardsmen were brilliant!

Me too! I think thats how they will start them- a killteam set and then a full release later [assuming they go well as killteam- and considering the excitement this has built I'd say this is likely]. 

I'd get a couple of squads together of that the back of that as starters. The killteam sets have been great - love the orks, guard and corsairs [not sure on the sisters!]. They look like you could get a good bit of value and variation out of them- love all the extra bits you get! That would keep me happy for a good while!

Another thing about the film- love the new faction icon, I think if t was purely a joke they would have used a retro squat and icon, but in any case the icon looks great.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

As for the real dwarfs.. you wait till we hit the realm of fire edition. Yup. keep the faith brudder.

With ears are long and faces that runny.

Ah, my unwavering champion of hate against Aelves. Never change! :)

In the meantime will be here, defending the Mountain Realm and doing hammers and bovine themed imagery and monsters better than Chaos Dwarfs ever could. ;)

Edited by Maogrim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Aye, a Kill Team of squats would be nice since I think that would be a good move to gauge actual interest in the army for GW. Silently crossing my fingers and braiding my beard in the hopes we'll see a full Chorf warband for Warcry.

All these news of HoS updates (and wins), CSM soon arriving, and Tempest of War (40k) is making my body produce natural hopium. Feels weird but good!

18 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Might've committed suicide.

Between the Tyranids having largely wiped the Squats out in the previous lore and how fitting a starship would be for Kill-Team (Zone Mortalis?) terrain, I don't think it's an unreasonable assumption they'd be the two teams in the new box.

Oh man a new Kill Team box with Squats and Nids would be epic!! Especially if the Nid models were all new.

18 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

With ears are long and faces that runny.

Counterpoint: Realm of Shadow Chaos Duardin, operating vast furnace fortresses whose presence is hidden by the vast amounts of smoke that bellow forth at every moment, industriously building war engines to bring to battle against Malakith in his own realm.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

Looking at the GW catalogue. In AoS they have 4 Elf factions and with a rumoured 5th (which I actually really want). Dwarfs have KO and I see Fyreslayers as half a faction given lack of range. 

In 40k 3 Eldar Factions and flirting with a Fourth. (corsairs) . And the best they can muster from the rumours is either a Killteam, or a joke.

Worse yet, the beautiful FW Chaos Dwarf range was Squated. I’m starting to feel this is personal, and someone at the top had a traumatising game against a Dwarf faction in their youth. 

At least there are companies like Artel out there picking up the gap. 

3E924355-C71F-4463-8BD0-994E70A6BD05.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, FireAbend said:

Wouldn‘t be suprised if it‘s just one hero dwarf  (like the woodelve from cursed city) for a boardgame style game or PC game.

hey they did the thunderhawk plastic joke , which upsets a lot of people.

just grab some Popcorn and enjoy the show :)

btw. any Info about KO white dwarf content?

There's already Squats in Necromunda, so I think it will be a little (lol) more than one or two guys 

• Thanks 1

It wasn't a joke, they are really releasing a new 40k faction this year with space dwarves! This really show 40k is the focus of the year, as AOS was the focus of the last one. Pretty big eldar release + new faction should take most of the big release slots.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/04/02/what-april-fools-the-41st-millenniums-next-faction-is-real-heres-a-model-to-prove-it/

Edited by Arzalyn
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 4